• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What Are You Munching On? v. Best. Tatties. Ever. <3

I know what you mean mate, if some cunt tried to serve me a 'meal' that looked like a minimalist Jackson Pollock painting on a square plate, I think I'd twat the fucker...

Its fucking rediculous mate...

Its like 3 mouthfulls of bait on a fancy square plate for £100..

You'd need to be fucking soft in the head...

That burger was fucking lush and I bet it cost about a quid to make...

Aye, or a fuckin Southerner. Oh, sorry, same thing!

Thought this was funny as fuck:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/metro....gravy-on-his-chips-in-manchester-7092633/amp/

What the fuck is up with some people?

Surprised the cunt didn't call an ambulance cos he's been poisoned or some shit (people often do for stupider things that that....someone the other day called an ambulance saying he had breathing problems and when we for there all he wanted was for us to go to the shop for him for some fags...suffice to say we didnt)

7FgoPsg.jpg

Home-made chinese stir fry. No particular type, just whatever I fancied; veg, chicken & nuts, with rice wine, soy sauce, chilli & sesame oil for the flavour. Very nice - easily blitzed the chinese I bought from the takeaway the other week.

Raspberry jam tarts, with chocolate milk, and the lovely scent of benzaldehyde in the background. Smells like somebody fired a cruise missile into a marzipan factory, definitely enough to make one hungry.

I have a feeling you're not talking to me:)

HA ha ha ha, um yeah. I did see your burgers though. One looked tasty, the other...

I love you G but I'd rather play hockey than eat the puck ;) Tbf I'd probably eat more ice than puck knowing my rusty hockey skills these days.

Last edited:
Sure I'm a better target to warm your puck with my hockey stick than that ol' git is sadie =D

And rusty my dear? I'd soon take care of that, not that I could see that in such a lovely personage as your dear self. I'd make an exception too, usually I treat rusted objects with a bath in phosphoric or sulfuric acid, but this one's a bit special, I'd have to give it the manual treatment and finish it off with my finest tonguepape..ahem, sandpaper....hm...must be the felidae part of me. Always has been said autistics are like cats. Usually it means 'herd them? you fucking must be kidding yeh daft bellends' but in this case...rough tongue? (not I, though, this autie might be naughty, but he'll be a gentle (although vigorous) soul to your treasured puck, m'ilady.)

*note to G--oi bugger orf mate, or I'll stick me finger up yer nose '0le, fart on it and wipe your address on theresa may's xmas card list for this year*=D

Mmmmhhhmmm....I am definitely looking forward to my dinner tonight.

I have about 5 packs of steaks in the fridge, a mixture of fillet and sirloin of beef, and a big assortment of mushrooms, a lot of shiitake, some king oyster mushroom (Pleurotus eryngii, I think these are), enokitake (Flammulina velutipes, I think, grown under high carbon dioxide conditions, usually its a wide capped yellow mushroom in the wild, a woodlover, but the chinese and other orientals grow them with collars around the spawned substrate and allow CO2 buildup, done in the dark, resulting in thin, elongated stems and white fruitbodies with small rounded pinhead-like caps of 1cm or less, some shimejii, and several packs of Craterellus tubaeformis, a yellow-stalked, somewhat tubular mushroom, with a darker outer 'cap', related to Cantharellus, the true chanterelles, and quite tasty.

Going to serve a couple of tubs of each of those with a couple of either sirloin or fillet steaks, haven't decided which, but I am leaning towards the fillet, fried mushrooms, and steaks served with my signature spiced fly agaric gravy and spice blend/soy/worcestershire sauce and peppery bolete marinade.

Nice and spicy, although cooking steaks as I do them does have a tendency to need the doors and windows of the kitchen opening, and ideally a mask and organics cartridge fitted to scrub the vapors evolved when the steaks are subjected to heat. Or rather, the spices. The fumes are somewhat lachrymatory, but the end result is very tasty; with quite the spicy hot kick to it. And my fly agaric/spice blend gravy really works wonders on a prime piece of deceased bovine.

And for dessert..I haven't quite decided yet. A mixed berry jelly-topped berry cheesecake, which I'll whip up a mango and caramelized brown sugar coulis for, or tiramisu. Maybe both if I really cannot make up my mind, and to drink, some lychee, pear and apple fresh juice, got some irish coffee flavor limited edition 'frijj' thick milkshakes that aren't half bad.

Supper....hm....might be quite stuffed after the repast I have planned. Might be more of a 3-4am snack, after I've finished a recrystallization and some melting point tests that need attending to, along with supervising the introduction of a certain olefin to some NaBH4, and then arrange a second date of the resultant saturated derivative to some zinc and concentrated hydrochloric acid, or else perhaps iron dust and ferric chloride in hot glacial acetic acid. The alternative, although something I will have to do on a small scale, because thus far mastery of the reaction of the kind successfully, has eluded me, is an aluminium amalgam, with nastyass Hg (II) salts used and it scales like shit, and generally is finicky as fuck. Aluminium amalgam reductions and I have a hate-hate relationship.

Wish I had some lithium aluminium hydride here, instead of having to order some and for the time being make do with a two-step reaction using sodium borohydride and then acidic dissolving metal+added lewis acid reduction. That'd save a fair bit of work, and do it in one step. Although I've been paid this monday and tuesday, and only spent anything today, plus rent, and had about £500 saved up already, so I'll treat myself, call it a pre-xmas gift from me to me, was already going to go glassware and reagent shopping, but going to treat myself to some LAH, some Red-Al and if my go-to place has any I think perhaps some potassium hydride or sodium hydride. Will grab myself some calcium hydride too, for dessication of compatible solvents, (might grab some molecular sieves too for final drying, they are slow, but they are very effective at getting rid of the last traces of water from solvents....hmm...need more iodine [thinking I'll just get a fresh kilo of I2, and use what I have left to make methyl iodide, using methanol, iodine and a little catalytic red phosphorus, MeI being a very useful, although unsurprisingly, toxic/carcinogenic/mutagenic methylating agent. AFAIK its possible to recover the phosphorus too, once one is finished. Although thats not too much of a worry since I've still a couple of kg left of top notch red P, from sigma-aldrich, so the quality is assured:)] and more empty attack-resistant reagent storage bottles

After I've finished watching the scifi and horror movies on and coming on that is, and have swapped arse-space between a greasy great theresa may with some oxy. Wouldn't want a perfectly good couple of hundred mg of oxy to end up getting sucked up by a turd

Just munching on a tub full of big juicy pineapple fingers. Really sweet, juicy and with just the right amount of firmness to have a pleasing sensory modulation when my front teeth slice through a stick of it. Sitting back, watching a horror movie and chomping away, snorting the odd line or three of oxy, munching on fresh, sweet mango slices too, although I wish the mango was a bit riper, its a bit firm. Good enough, but I prefer my mangoes when they almost liquefy when you close your mouth.

Looks pretty good.Reminded me, I've got 5-6 ginsters steak-bakes in the fridge. I need to do my actual steaks though first, so the shiitake, shimeiji, enokitake, Cantharellus tubaeformis (a relative of the chanterelle, although with a sort of tubular stem like the horn of plenty, and rather than, like chanterelles, being of one color, the caps are darker than the stems) and Pleurotus eryngium are all eaten whilst good and fresh.

Should be a real good meal once I've given those steaks my special marinade and fly agaric steak spice blend. Unfortunately its winter so I can't go out in the wilds looking for more mushroom species to add, but still, I think I've enough to work with to whip up a half decent snack. Still got a few dried peppery boletus (Chalciporus piperatus) too, which I love adding to the spice mixture with the fly agaric and other herbs and spices which go into it; they have a nice fiery peppery kick to them, which is quite different to black pepper, chili peppers, water-pepper etc; they are distinctive, with a nice hot savour all of their own.

Great thing is, when I go out every year, every expedition, when I go out to harvest my years supply of fly agaric for cooking and medicine, the peppery boletes are parasitic on the mycelium of A.muscaria, at least they are when the fly agarics are growing under silver birch (I've never seen them associate with fly agaric that grow in pine forests (A.muscaria grows under silver birch most commonly but they can also be found in coniferous woodland growing in mycorrhizal symbiosis with pine trees, less commonly so than under silver birch, but I've never once seen Chalciporus growing with the Amanitas when I've found the latter growing among pine, whereas the peppery boletes are quite frequent when their host chooses the silver birch)

They come as a pair, often as not, not all fly agaric is to be found with peppery bolete, but if you see peppery boletus growing you can be sure that if you return, then there will be fly agarics fruiting pretty soon, given the parasitic association. Rather handy since the two make a mighty fine pairing to cook with , complimenting one another very well indeed. (although of course the Amanitas must be cured first, but given they grow in a limited season and I need enough to last not only whilst they are actively fruiting, but the rest of that year, and all the way until the next harvest season, I've got to dry the caps (I don't bother with the stems, and just throw those away. Although I have been thinking perhaps starting this year I might start drying them and saving them up to do a muscimol extraction until I've got at least enough stalks and other bits I don't use to cook with to fill a few of those big black plastic bin-liner sacks, then isolate and purify the muscimol) on foil-lined baking trays in the oven overnight under the lowest gas flame the oven will keep going, the door propped open a crack to let the moisture evaporate away, which cures them whilst they are being dried and preserved, as the neurotoxin present in them is really quite unstable stuff, and decarboxylates to form muscimol (the psychoactive principle in fly agaric) on heating, drying, etc. it really doesn't take much, so just preparing them for storage to use in the coming year does the trick.

Fillet....or sirloin....I can't make my mind up. May just have to do a couple of each.

Although I really like the idea of eating fungi, from the limited experience I have, it tastes like eating slugs. Do these exotic species you speak of taste significantly different to your bogstandard field mushroom to make it worthwhile? I'm genuinely interested...

I made a really good basic meal the other night. I made sweet potato wedges in the oven and coated them in paprika. Then I cooked up some pork with mushrooms and kale and had that on the side with gravy. I sprinkled the gravy with fresh rosemary, thyme and some small chunks of red chilli (but not the seeds). The chilli added a nice mild sweet spiceyness and I couldn't quite believe how good the whole thing tasted.

I'll never understand people not cooking their own food. You can literally eat like a king every single night, on the cheap. IME shopping for veg and meat and doing your own thing can be way cheaper than buying frozen foods.

Everyone's meals are shitting all over my sad bag of chilli rice crackers, though Limpet Chick, is it my understanding that you still have the same steaks & mushrooms in the fridge that you were going to cook 3 days ago?
If so, better get a wiggle on & pics please

Fubar-eating slugs is about the same kind of enthusiasm I have for field mushrooms, or indeed most anything edible in the genus Agaricus, bar those few with a heavy aniseed taste and scent to them. I only use white shop agaricus typical 'white/brown cap' mushrooms in chilli or stews because they at least soak up flavour then. Otherwise they are tasteless, cartilaginous and boring.

A piece of rump and a piece of sirloin steak are about to get given a dose of my special fly agaric spice blend and serve as my breakfast.