• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

What Are You Munching On? v. Best. Tatties. Ever. <3

Thanks everyone - Just to follow up on this, I hit my goal a week early so that's 15.7 kilos off ! Great sense of achievement tbh.

Making a curry tonight - chickpea and aubergine! Having that with dahl and rice.

Yay well done! I've regained a stone of the three I lost a year ago and MUST NOT gain any more

Ha, just saw that I was eating all the kid's Pretzels last time I posted in this thread & funnily enough, that was the last thing I put in my mouth (shared this time though, at least)

So of course I'm going to turn into a diet/nutrition ninja (until CFC come along). I mentioned this years back when Evey (hope you and your daughter are well) was trying to lose weight -but try and use a calorie tracker, it really helped me so much.

Small tweaks to your day to day life can have great effect - we all love to couch surf, binge watch etc. Stand up during the adverts - have a quick walk around the house =D - Im serious though, walk on the spot.

Going to try and have a BBQ later on this evening so making Tandoori Chicken, Lemon and herb Chicken and Teriyaki drumsticks.

If the humidity starts tonight they will all go in the oven :) - it's around 40 degrees at the moment

Small tweaks to your day to day life can have great effect - we all love to couch surf, binge watch etc. Stand up during the adverts - have a quick walk around the house =D - Im serious though, walk on the spot.

Spot on. Little things like you mention, also getting off the tube a stop early, walking to work/gym/friends, having a dance to music, even tweaking your legs around at work like you've got ADHD ;) They're all easy to do and low effort, but done as a new lifelong habit will see the waist come in.

Going to try and have a BBQ later on this evening so making Tandoori Chicken, Lemon and herb Chicken and Teriyaki drumsticks.

If the humidity starts tonight they will all go in the oven :) - it's around 40 degrees at the moment

This is perfect BBQ weather - I'm jealous!!

It's a lovey night actually - mid 30's humidity isn't that bad. I'll have a few drinks for you :)

Really struggled to think what to cook for dins tonight - it's blazing hot, humid and generally icky up here in sunny Jockland - so ended up being persuaded by the £5 stir-fry deal at Co-Op. I've never really cooked stir-fry but lawdy was that frikken tasty. Admittedly all pre-prepared and simply combined at suitable intervals inna hot wok but still farkin' scrummy so... Yay for chooky chow mein!!! =D

(and an even bigger "yay" for the double raspberry magnum i had for pud - sadly not a patch on the coconut ones but one takes what sweet, sweet cooling goodness one can, innit)

Some of those box sets can be pretty good - especially when you don't have a lot of ingredients at home (spices etc). Buy yourself some of the basic ingredients though - Five spice, Hoisin / Soy / Oyster sauce and you can make some great dishes with just protein and veggies of your choice.

I'm busy making curried onion and carrot soup and going to make it with half stock / half coconut milk. I will top it with some chopped coriander and spring onion tops - not for me though cooking for friends.

I've also just stuck a load of chicken in to marinate for tomorrow nights dinner - Tahini, yogurt, chili (Jwala or those little Indian green ones) as they have a great citrus and heat level, garlic, lemon juice/rind, cumin and cayenne.

Last edited:
^coming back to that soup <3. Huge hit and I've now got to make it today.

Onions
Carrots
Curry Powder
Ginger
Stock (cubes - I used vegetable incase there were any veggies)
Bay leaves
Garlic
S n Pepper
Chillies
Oil

Fry your onions on a low heat, add salt, let those go transparent but do not brown them, add garlic and fresh chilies,ginger (I freeze mine and then simple grate into my food) and cook them for a few minutes to get rid of that raw smell, push everything to one side of the pan and add a bit more oil to the free side of the pan, move that side onto the flame to stop the onions cooking, add curry powder and 'fry' that until it stops feeling gritty, now move the full pan onto the heat and mix. Give it a few stirs and add chopped carrots and fry them (aggressively <3), cover them with stock or water (add bay leaves) and allow them to become soft. Remove Bay leaves and then blend and add coconut milk.

I had mine cold, load of chopped tomatoes, chilies, some crusty bread all mixed in the bowl

Apparently I knew what state I was going to be in - Opened the fridge and had a bloody Mary with two slices of toast on top. So yeah - Cold and fridge flavored toast and a bloody Mary - opened the freezer for some ice, frozen Vodka and coke.

So that's lunch sorted :D

I've just discovered a dessert from Cadbury called 'Pots of Joy', Strawberry and Creme flavour.

Imagine a molten Creme egg with a hint of strawberry - fuckin lush...

Just forced some nourishment on myself after a nutritionally barren day

Luckily I had an egg already hard-boiled in the fridge, so mashed it up with some low-fat mayo, salt, pepper & a wee plum tomato
Spread a slice of wholemeal bread with butter & Marmite (sorry Marmhaters), dolloped some egg mix on top, smoothed it out, folded bread over & ate

Delicious

Just forced some nourishment on myself after a nutritionally barren day

Luckily I had an egg already hard-boiled in the fridge, so mashed it up with some low-fat mayo, salt, pepper & a wee plum tomato
Spread a slice of wholemeal bread with butter & Marmite (sorry Marmhaters), dolloped some egg mix on top, smoothed it out, folded bread over & ate

Delicious

I fuckin love marmite. And that sounds like the tits..

Had to stay behind after work, doing a server move with my boss. Actually physically collecting the machines out of the data centre they had previously occupied, loading them into the car, bringing them back and installing them in our own rack. Which is deeper than the old one, requirng adjustments to all the sliding brackets. But who cares? Our equipment rack now looks truly sexy with ten or so matching 1U slabs.

That's the backstory. Anyway, "dinner last night" waa actually Dominos Spicy M**t Feast pizza. And after a job like that, it tasted like Manna from Heaven.

I still have the garlic bread and some potato wedges for later .....

just made a banana smoothie. On the goey so eating is not on the agenda but i am a veteran and know you need to nourish as well as punish. Balance