• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What Are You Munching On? v. Best. Tatties. Ever. <3

Salted water boils at >100°C. Adding salt to boiling water cools it and raises the boiling point. You still have to put the same amount of energy in to heat the salt to 100°C and then bring it all back to the boil at now (let's say, for argument's sake) 105°C, as you would have had to put in heating the salt with the water all along to 105°C.

There is no escaping the laws of thermodynamics!

Salted water boils at >100°C. Adding salt to boiling water cools it and raises the boiling point. You still have to put the same amount of energy in to heat the salt to 100°C and then bring it all back to the boil at now (let's say, for argument's sake) 105°C, as you would have had to put in heating the salt with the water all along to 105°C.

There is no escaping the laws of thermodynamics!

Wow - I've always added salt after boiling, probably heard the same myth I was talking about and repeated it until it became a truth. I'm a creature of habit though so I'll probably forget and still tell everyone its the truth.

If I hadn't ate eggs for breakfast I would make some for tonight and time it :D

Baguette toasted, egg, tomato and sharp cheddar with Jalapeno ketchup - Lunch will be the other half of the baguette, curry tuna mayo and salad.

Nice chicken salad for dinner -bbq chicken pieces chopped up, mixed with a lot of parsley, mint, green chili, yogurt, lemon and lime juice, cumin and chickpeas.

Served with some pickled turnip and tomatoes

Last edited:
This probably sounds disgusting & is proper lazy munching, but I did make the Prawn Mayo myself a couple of days ago (packet of prawns, juice & pulp of 1 lemon squeezed & mixed in, pepper ground over & low-fat mayo stirred in) and then haven't had time to eat it until now when I can't be bothered to cook, so....

Munching on Prawn Mayo with Sour Cream&Chive Pretzels chucked in & eating with a spoon...surprisingly moreish

This probably sounds disgusting & is proper lazy munching, but I did make the Prawn Mayo myself a couple of days ago (packet of prawns, juice & pulp of 1 lemon squeezed & mixed in, pepper ground over & low-fat mayo stirred in) and then haven't had time to eat it until now when I can't be bothered to cook, so....

Munching on Prawn Mayo with Sour Cream&Chive Pretzels chucked in & eating with a spoon...surprisingly moreish

Seafood poisoning is also a great slimming technique! :)

About to eat some sort of pasta/spinach/chicken combo, dependent on fridge contents

Eggs, spinach, toast, grilled veggies. Kinda breakfast at dinner.

Chicken and spinach curry :) - served that on rice. We had been craving curry for a few days and this hit the spot! Thankfully there was enough left over for lunch today so that saved me messing about.

When I was making that I marinated another load of chicken in yogurt, garlic, lemon and chili so that's another meal that will take minutes on either the grill or in a frying pan.

I'm still being careful with what I'm eating/diet - lost over 14kgs now.

Eggs, spinach, toast, grilled veggies. Kinda breakfast at dinner.

I love that combination - it only takes a few tweaks to make Shakshuka that you can bulk with chickpeas etc.

Well done mate!! Over how long was that??

Cheers - We started properly in November and I was aiming for a slow and steady loss instead of just starving myself dropping a few kg's then getting bored and going back to normal. I've dropped to around 94 kilos and still got another 1 kilo to go for my target weight (target date is next month so I'm bang on track) - but really pleased as dropped from 42"waist to a 36 and from XL shirts to M.

(Thank you for all the welcomes over in NMI :), I noticed a lot of your posts when I got back online)

Cheers - We started properly in November and I was aiming for a slow and steady loss instead of just starving myself dropping a few kg's then getting bored and going back to normal. I've dropped to around 94 kilos and still got another 1 kilo to go for my target weight (target date is next month so I'm bang on track) - but really pleased as dropped from 42"waist to a 36 and from XL shirts to M.

(Thank you for all the welcomes over in NMI :), I noticed a lot of your posts when I got back online)

Helping out when I can :)

That's excellent work on the weightloss! You must be feeling great?

It's appreciated :) - It's a great section to mod.

I feel so much better (not today but that's due to the duty free) but yeah 14kgs of fat gone - great feeling both physically and mentally. I have included some exercise into my day to day routine - nothing special, but just made myself aware of my down time and to get moving.

Who knew that fresh (reduced) button mushrooms & a cheese straw would be such a delicious, circumstancial combination? Eaten in the car in the pissing rain makes it even tastier

Medium steak :\ with ranch dressed salad with garlic croutons and spiced chips drizzled with peppercorn sauce.

For the first time in weeks I've been able to eat a full meal and I want more!!!! I could eat that again easily!

It's appreciated :) - It's a great section to mod.
I feel so much better (not today but that's due to the duty free) but yeah 14kgs of fat gone - great feeling both physically and mentally. I have included some exercise into my day to day routine - nothing special, but just made myself aware of my down time and to get moving.
Congratulations for the weight loss and for taking up exercise, Bearlove, really pleased to hear that you are feeling great :)
Had green lentils stewed with red chilli flakes, garlic powder, white quinoa with two teaspoons of olive oil and a salad of iceberg lettuce and radish dressed with lemon and olive oil. Yummy! ;)

Woh, coincidental moment -reading the word 'Bear' in the post above, the word 'Bear' was said on the TV at the same time (watching recording of 'The Island with Bear Grylls' in the background)
It used to happen all the time - reading a random word at the same time it was said on the radio or TV - rarely happens these days - Well done on the weight loss Bear - I know all too well how hard it is trying not to eat shite.....however......

that is what I came round this thread for .....
Am eating ALL the Pretzels (Sour Cream & Chive) that I bought as kid snacks, though kid is unaware of their existence, so I'm in the clear(ish)