• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What Are You Munching On? v. Best. Tatties. Ever. <3

Gouda been worse....

Not sure how to respond so I better tread caerphillly.

I made a Thai chicken curry last night - was pretty tasty if I say so myself. Lemongrass, chili, garlic, galangal, lime leaves, fish sauce in coconut milk - fried chicken added turmeric, onions, peppers and then poured over the flavored milk, added tomatoes and cooked for about 5 minutes. Served with rice.

IMG_1433.jpg

Last edited:
Japanese rice (furikae seasoning) tuna, tomato, chili for lunch

Last edited:
Aubergine and chickpea curry - served that with a chili, cucumber, mint raita.

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

Have you tried 'sunflower seed butter' ? It is absolutely gorgeous.

He fancies a bbq for later but luckily I have Teriyaki marinated chicken wings and lemon and herb chicken already prepared and frozen so it's just a case of defrosting them and doing some salad later on.

It doesn't taste salty - it's like a very rich and creamy peanut butter texture but tastes like the roasted seeds. It is really nice though - I haven't used it in cooking yet but the next batch of flapjacks will be made with that instead of peanut butter.

Dins was but an uneventful smoked salmon 'n' Somerset Brie "melt in the middle" fishcake. Lunch tomorrow is the reason for posting though cos homemade roast tomato 'n' sweet pepper soup is currently smelling frikkin divine and hopefully will taste similar when paired wiv toasty cheese croutons tomorrow's lunchtime <3

Dins was but an uneventful smoked salmon 'n' Somerset Brie "melt in the middle" fishcake.

Haha - this really made me laugh out loud. I have a pack of smoked salmon in the fridge and I'm trying to conjure up a 'special' occasion to eat it :D

Out for lunch today -

IMG_1453.jpg

I know - should have served in a trough etc but that was my starter :D I went back for my main meal and then dessert.

Ha ha we too have a nice pack of salmon in the freezer. Three different types of smoked salmon. It was supposed to be a starter for Christmas dinner but we had so much food! Too much. I've been thinking about making a salmon Alfredo with it.

Skip the cream and go with capers, lemon and dill <3.

I hope your well treasure x

Always when in your presence. <3

Ooh that does sound delicious. Must make a mental note of that! Thank you.

Always when in your presence. <3

Ooh that does sound delicious. Must make a mental note of that! Thank you.

It's one of Mr Bears faves so I make it quite often. When your cooking pasta use your frying pan instead of a deep pan :D - Sounds stupid but will cut the cooking time by at least 50%.

Never thought of that. I'll have to give that a shot. Any reason why this would be?

Your using about 50% less water but increasing the surface area for the heat. When people are cooking pasta at home they seem to use the biggest pan available, fill it with water, bring to the boil etc.

For store bought pasta it really doesn't matter - Use a shallow pan (I use a 'frying' pan) half full of water - boils in minutes, and if your going with the salmon and caper thing - 20 mins from start to finish.

If your using salt - wait until the water has boiled before adding it . Salted water takes longer to boil

Cheers for the tip <3 I'll report back next time we have a pasta dish using your method.

In other foodie related news I just had a totally lush breakfast burrito. I could actually eat another one but thankfully that was me using up the last of the ingredients.