• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy ALD-52 Thread - Part 2 "Aciityl Aciiiid"

I took 75 µg at a Red Bull-sponsored night, and while the dose felt perfect to enjoy the music I'd come to check out without being too impaired cognitively, before long the overtly corporate nature of it all triggered some pretty nasty existential dread. Since that night I've become much more picky about which public events I take psychs at. But that's a whole other topic :D

Theme parks and concerts can be a bit of a bring down; it's like industrial food processing and packaging - metered consumption.
Nature is lovely and some movies are great - my fave is just walking around (city is fine too) or listening to music in a gentle zone.
Set and setting rule with the larger doses, but you can easily party on a half tab.

Does anyone have experience with these 125ug blotters?

tAMTRSU.jpg

They have a distinct bitter taste to them as well as some yellow staining on the paper. There are blue ink splatters near the red ALD-52 (hard to see in this photo) and a black molecule is printed on the backside. It did not noticeably numb my mouth.

I have tried out ALD-52 before from a trustworthy vendor and I couldn't discern any taste other then the paper itself. Those blotters were smaller, dosed at 100ug, and had no color printing or stains. The high was noticeably different as well, but that could be a problem with my perception.

My theory is the bitter taste and different high is probably a result of shoddy paper, color ink, uneven laying, and my warped expectations of what RC vendor blotters should look and taste like. I believe the resulting paranoia altered my trip.

Was I right to worry? I have a test kit coming in the mail either way for peace of mind.
if these came from where they appear to have come from you have nothing to worry about

Does anyone have experience with these 125ug blotters?

tAMTRSU.jpg

They have a distinct bitter taste to them as well as some yellow staining on the paper. There are blue ink splatters near the red ALD-52 (hard to see in this photo) and a black molecule is printed on the backside. It did not noticeably numb my mouth.

I have tried out ALD-52 before from a trustworthy vendor and I couldn't discern any taste other then the paper itself. Those blotters were smaller, dosed at 100ug, and had no color printing or stains. The high was noticeably different as well, but that could be a problem with my perception.

My theory is the bitter taste and different high is probably a result of shoddy paper, color ink, uneven laying, and my warped expectations of what RC vendor blotters should look and taste like. I believe the resulting paranoia altered my trip.

Was I right to worry? I have a test kit coming in the mail either way for peace of mind.

Mine 125mcg are identical to what you describe. No flavor on the 100's.

For someone that hasn't done any psychedelics in years, one 125 mic ald-52 blotter should be a pretty good dose, Yea?

Yeah I find one 125ug blotter to be a solid dose.

Back when this someone did trip, what did he-she take / how much and what was the reaction like? Preferably in reliable dosages like actually weighed mg of a powder > 'number of blotter hits'.
Not that I can really respond yet: I have a sample of ALD-52 and 1P-LSD but will be trying it in a while. I have a lot of experience with LSD, but just to be sure maybe I shouldn't assume all are equipotent.

Can this substance be used as a concentration aid in microdoses (~10 micrograms) ? Creatively vs. Formally ?

IMO it's virtually indistinguishable from LSD, so yes, at least if LSD works that way for you. For me a microdose of LSD or ALD is perfect for creative focus.

Thanks a lot ! How about AL-LAD ? Does it also work for you in that way ? I guess it is not enough dopaminergic for that kind of use case.

Thanks a lot ! How about AL-LAD ? Does it also work for you in that way ? I guess it is not enough dopaminergic for that kind of use case.

This is probably true to some extent: while AL-LAD has a slightly lesser affinity for D2 than LSD - in a manner that is consistent with AL-LAD's overall lower potency... it is much less affine for D1 which is relevant in attention and focus.

Question is: are there other more obscure nootropic mechanisms? Do drugs like 2C-D and 2C-T-21 only act beneficially in a nootropic way by means of D1 agonism? I don't think a lot is known there.

So AL-LAD may be less effective for this purpose - you probably ought to use any of the other lysergamides instead.

zourze

Back when this someone did trip, what did he-she take / how much and what was the reaction like? Preferably in reliable dosages like actually weighed mg of a powder > 'number of blotter hits'.
Not that I can really respond yet: I have a sample of ALD-52 and 1P-LSD but will be trying it in a while. I have a lot of experience with LSD, but just to be sure maybe I shouldn't assume all are equipotent.

I have no idea when it comes to LSD. I've snorted ~100 mg DPT. 7g shrooms. 20mg 2ce/I.

Not necessarily looking for intensity on par with that 7g shroom trip. I just want to feel it, and maybe feel *almost* overwhelmed. If that makes sense.

I'll prob start off with 1 tab regardless. Maybe reside if it's really the weak.

This is probably true to some extent: while AL-LAD has a slightly lesser affinity for D2 than LSD - in a manner that is consistent with AL-LAD's overall lower potency... it is much less affine for D1 which is relevant in attention and focus.

Question is: are there other more obscure nootropic mechanisms? Do drugs like 2C-D and 2C-T-21 only act beneficially in a nootropic way by means of D1 agonism? I don't think a lot is known there.

So AL-LAD may be less effective for this purpose - you probably ought to use any of the other lysergamides instead.

zourze

Thanks for some factual data! I had the book "Psychedelic Information Technology" once, which was pretty good (I lost it). It basically showed, that LSD could be considered the stimulant amongst the psychedelics (with high D1-D3 agonism?) compared to other classics, that do not really populate those receptor sites. It also showed (maybe bullshit, because out of memory), that 5ht2c-agonism is responsible for the feeling of a spiritual awareness, where DMT rated highest. I'm completely writing this off my memory so it could be possible that I state bullshit. Anyway LSD (and subsequently ALD-52) have the most affinity to D-receptors amongst psychs in general one could say. So they are somewhat awesome for stim affine people. The only downside is the ultra long duration, which should be lower in ALD-52, isn't it ?

I remember that book, but I have to look out not to confuse it with a poster on psychedelic signal theory or something like that, which attempts to explain visuals etc.

Recently it has been shown that LSD lodges itself into 5-HT2A and 5-HT2B receptors which may explain why it is so potent while being a partial agonist. This is not true for those dopamine receptors so I doubt that effects on those could even be taken quite as seriously. Other psychedelics that have lower affinity for the dopaminergic receptors may after all be at least as dopaminergic just by requiring much higher doses by comparison.

IIRC 5-HT2C accounts for other effects and 5HT1A more like spiritual awareness but I could be wrong too.

Why would ALD-52 have shorter duration? Also I really don't think the duration of LSD can be called ultra long. I never find it all that long, especially since I consider duration as a function of time x very importantly: immersive intensity. The prospect of taking again something like DMT which is very immersive and intense but lasts a very short while makes me shit in my pants a bit while LSD doesn't really, though I take it seriously. Time to ride it out does matter, but it's not such a big deal if it's doable and a very big deal if it's basically impossible to 'manage'.
FYI, longer homologues of ALD-52 seem to have a very long duration so the addition of the 1-acyl does not seem to shorten the duration in principle.

@Drone: i bet 125 µg is okay, just take good care of that set & setting: in my experience trips can have quite an impact when you haven't done it in a long time which makes set & setting more critical, plus it is much more likely you forget your 'feel' for tripping and thus also for how to prepare for it well.

Do you guys think this might be good to take at a concert? Has anyone done this with success? I was thinking about microdosing it at a dubstep show. I'm not sure if that's the right place though, interested to hear your opinions... It was good for a festival but I like being outside if I'm going to be tripping out in public. Where I'm free to roam and theres lots of fresh air. I'm not sure if a crowded concert indoors is the best setting for this :(

I will be taking 250ug at a behemoth/slayer show and I suspect it will be incredible :)

I let my friend try one tab of this two nights ago. When I saw him again last night, he said he had double vision and slurred speech the day after taking the tab. Has anyone had this happen to them, or seen people say it happened to them? I am not sure it was the tab.

For one thing, I saw him earlier that day (so after he took the tab and came down but before he began to slur), and his speech was fine. I sort of suspect he might have taken some sort of downer. Don't know why he'd lie to me about it, though.

Yes, I'd agree... much more typical of a downer or dissociative, or involvement of certain medication.

For those of you who tried Ald52 and Al-lad. What would you say are the differences between these two substances? I tried Al-lad a few times and there was no headspace, I can say that.

Anything else?

ald 52 seems finer grained than al lad:
moments on al-lad seem longer and more cohesively dream like while on ald 52,equally elongated moments are interwoven with more live sensory feed perhaps - to me it is a bit less dreamy, but still very twisted, enhanced.

[this could just be my creative mind giving al lad some extra magic because it sounds like Aladin - so I make my experience more dream like]

ald 52 seems finer grained than al lad:
moments on al-lad seem longer and more cohesively dream like while on ald 52,equally elongated moments are interwoven with more live sensory feed perhaps - to me it is a bit less dreamy, but still very twisted, enhanced.

[this could just be my creative mind giving al lad some extra magic because it sounds like Aladin - so I make my experience more dream like]

I understand. Yes, al-lad is definitely dream like and yes again, sometimes when I watch a music video on Al-lad it feels like I've been watching it for 15 minutes.