• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy ALD-52 Thread - Part 2 "Aciityl Aciiiid"

One time I fell asleep waiting for DOC to start affecting me, I took it at night. Before I woke up, I had the craziest layered dream. In it, I woke up, and I was starting to trip. I fully thought I had woken up for real, everything was just as lucid as being awake. I immediately remembered taking the DOC, what day it was, etc. I was thirsty, so I got out of bed, walked down the hallway, down the stairs, into the kitchen, and got a glass and opened the fridge and started pouring water. Then suddenly, I woke up. I was like, wait, what? I already woke up. But okay, I'm thirsty, I'm gonna go do the same thing I just thought I did. I got to getting the glass, when I woke up in my bed again. Now I was a little alarmed, but I went to do the same thing. This time I woke up partway down the stairs. I laid in bed for a while, quite alarmed to be honest because it felt the same as every other time I had "woken up". Except this time when I went downstairs to get water I stayed awake and proceeded to enjoy my trip all night and into the next day. But for a while I was seriously wondering whether I was suddenly going to wake up in my bed again after an entire day or two passed. I started wondering if I was going to suddenly wake up years younger and years of my life were going to dissipate into dream smoke. I used to think about that a lot as a kid, like when I was 10, if I'd wake up suddenly and be 5 again. Or if I was dead and this was some extended dream.

It was really a pretty big mind fuck for a while. =D

I'm not sure how I'd mitigate the "oh shit I just ingested a psychedelic drug" giddiness and actually fall asleep. I'll give it a try sometime soon hopefully!

Yeah ALD-52 + 3-MeO-(PCP/PCE) is an incredibly synergistic combo. I absolutely love it. I've tripped very hard off one tab too.

That sounds like a mind blowing, i.e. god-mode combo.

I was already more than satisfied with the "insights" (later as valuable acknowledged delusions, so well integratable) I got from the softer, easier going version of your mentioned combo : AL-LAD + 2-Oxo-PCE at t+3h.

I've been reading about ALD-52, and an old study showed that its antiserotonin effect is twice as strong as with LSD. What does that mean exactly? From what I can find, an antiserotonin drug is a serotonin antagonist, but I know that ALD and LSD are serotonin agonists.

Last edited:
Finally got around to trying the ALD-52 that was given to me as "LSD". Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of knowing the dosage I took, but it was not incredibly strong. Overall it seemed that the comeup was smoother than that of LSD which correlates well to the descriptions I've read of this substance. I felt some GI distress that was not nausea, some shakiness of my legs, but after about 3 hours these side effects smoothed out and the experience proceeded similarly to LSD except that it was noticeably less stimulating than an equipotent dosage of LSD. Compared to 1P, it was smoother on the body, but compared to LSD it was a little more rough on the body during the comeup. The duration was a little lower than LSD as well, as I was back to baseline well within 8 hours of ingestion, whereas with LSD it usually takes me closer to 10 hours to get back to baseline. There was no residual stimulation afterward, while with LSD there always is a period of several hours with residual stimulation. I liked this drug, in contrast to 1P.

I've been reading about ALD-52, and an old study showed that its antiserotonin effect is twice as strong as with LSD. What does that mean exactly? From what I can find, an antiserotonin drug is a serotonin antagonist, but I know that ALD and LSD are serotonin agonists.
I believe that under "antiserotonin effect" they meant binding competitiveness with serotonin receptors, e.g. ALD-52 would be more competitive to bind to serotonin receptors than LSD (according to that old study) and serotonin itself, LSD would be more competitive than serotonin. So in my understanding, if I take acid, it will compete with my serotonin for receptors to bind.

I agree with achuma that ALD-52 has less stimulation than LSD, it is less stimulating than 1P-LSD for me too.

I believe that under "antiserotonin effect" they meant binding competitiveness with serotonin receptors, e.g. ALD-52 would be more competitive to bind to serotonin receptors than LSD (according to that old study) and serotonin itself, LSD would be more competitive than serotonin. So in my understanding, if I take acid, it will compete with my serotonin for receptors to bind.
What does it mean to be "more competitive" in this context? Like it could bind to a broader array of serotonin receptor subtypes?

What does it mean to be "more competitive" in this context? Like it could bind to a broader array of serotonin receptor subtypes?

In my understanding, LSD and ALD-52 (and most other serotonergic psychedelics) will literally push serotonin away and "present" themselves as serotonin, binding to the same receptors as serotonin would do. Please correct me if I'm wrong. :)

In my understanding, LSD and ALD-52 (and most other serotonergic psychedelics) will literally push serotonin away and "present" themselves as serotonin, binding to the same receptors as serotonin would do. Please correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Ah, I'm certainly no authority, just trying to make sure I understand myself. Is this just another way of talking about receptor affinity (higher affinity = more competitive = more serotonoin "pushed away")?

Silly me. Yesterday I was given an arse kicking by this substance. Probably well overdue.
I had taken two tabs of decent quality cid in Monday, and yesterday (Friday) I was presented with a great opportunity to trip: a free diary and beautiful weather.
Anyway, I dropped the two tabs (250ug) about 8 in the morning and took the dog for a long walk about 30 mins later. It was going to be a hot day so I figured I'd take him before it got too hot and also to ease the come up.
As I was walking I could feel the effects starting. The visuals were kicking in and I could feel some tension in my legs. When I got home about an hour later I realised that my cleaner was there; I'd totally forgotten he was coming. I was able to pass myself off with him and then went into my study until he was finished. I swear he was hoovering the same spot for ten minutes!
Anyway, he finished about half an hour later and I was able to retire to my room and relax. By now the visuals were really strong: classical melting and mixing of colours, patterns moving etc. The tension in my legs has worsened, but nothing I couldn't handle. I took some l-arginine and lay back for a while.
In an attempt to ease the bodyload a little I took 25mg of racemic ketamine via IM. This had the effect of intensifying the trip, but was still manageable.
After another hour I felt that the ride was stabilising and I was ready for some s-ketamine (I figure it is s-ketamine as it is much stronger than my other k and it seems to fit the descriptions I've seen on BL. I've nicknamed it rocket fuel). I prepped a 25mg shot and into my left thigh it went.
At first this was fine. Thunder, Lightning, Strike by The Go! Team came on Spotify (an awesome album, check it out). However, by the time Ladyflash came on something was going wrong. I appeared to be losing moments in time. Almost like a static flash and then I was somewhere else in the house. Shortly I found myself scrabbling for my xanax in my washbag. A moment later I was in the kitchen still searching. This happened a couple of times and it seemed that my person was splitting in two.
Now, I've been deep many times over the years, drifting on thoughts and getting lost, but this was different; more like a psychotic breakdown than ego death. I felt like I was in two places at once like the most extreme possible dissociation and almost caught myself calling out to my other self scrabbling around for the xanax upstairs.
After a few minutes I was able to sit myself on the sofa and start to calm down. I practiced my breathing and talked to myself for a while (not the other self upstairs!) and slowly returned to a calmer state. Going back upstairs I found the xanax: it was in the washbag the whole time!

I really had to call on all my experience to ride out this one. I've been guilty of thinking of ALD52 as puppy food compared to ETH-LAD. In reality, for all ETH's cornucopia of visuals, ALD is much deeper. I will henceforth be treating this substance with the full respect it deserves. I was very surprised that 250ug had this effect, but it goes to show that you can never be sure of the outcome! I guess that's what makes the pyschedelics so fascinating....

How much cross tolerance is there between ALD-52 and 4-Aco-DMT, or between lysergamides and tryptamines in general?

What's the l-arginine for?

It helps with vasoconstriction. I always take some when tripping along with magnesium.

I'm 99% certain that my tabs are really ALD-52. But they're slightly bitter. Is it just the ink on the blotter? The solvent they used when they laid the blotter? The tabs work like a charm orally, so I can rule out an Nbome, and I think they're too small to be a Dox. Is the old adage of "if it's bitter, it's a spitter." no longer applicable?

Blotter ink can cause a slight bitterness, it depends on the ink. It's like, just a little bit though. DOXs are not extremely bitter but definitely bitter. And NBOMes are super bitter and numb the mouth. I notice some sort of faint taste from LSD/1p/ALD, but it's really faint. I've had blotters of LSD which were ever so slightly bitter but it was definitely the ink. I've had DOX blotters too (on purpose), and they're in the realm of what I'd call solidly but not terribly bitter (coming from a person who generally eats tryptamines and phenethylamines by dumping the raw powder in the mouth, swish and swallow - so a high tolerance to bitterness).

Now, I've been deep many times over the years, drifting on thoughts and getting lost, but this was different; more like a psychotic breakdown than ego death. I felt like I was in two places at once like the most extreme possible dissociation and almost caught myself calling out to my other self scrabbling around for the xanax upstairs.
You describe it perfectly. It's as if your body goes on autopilot, while your thoughts are somewhere completely else, if that is what you mean.
I could be inside my house sitting in my sofa, in my mind still sitting there, but all of a sudden I feel like someone is walking. It's not me, I mean I'm still sitting in the sofa. But all of a sudden my vision goes dark, and it fades back into where I'm outside, having no idea how I got there. But as long as you keep calm, which I was, it can be an amazing experience. It's exactly like having a nice dream. Because in your dreams, you never question where you are or how you got there.
My thoughts goes really deep when I take ALD-52, it's like my entire brain is focusing on thinking about everything that has ever happened to anyone.

Looks like there is a significant cross tolerance between 4-aco-dmt and ald-52. Maybe this is already obvious everyone but me. I took 3 tabs (275 mics) last night, with ~30mg of 3-meo-pce on top of it and had a decent trip, but it was almost nothing but visuals with little if any mindfuck. I'm sure it didn't help that I took some benzos about 8 hours prior to dosing.

Last edited:
Yeah all serotonergic psychedelics are cross-tolerant.

Dronelore said:
How much cross tolerance is there between ALD-52 and 4-Aco-DMT, or between lysergamides and tryptamines in general?
Xorkoth said:
Yeah all serotonergic psychedelics are cross-tolerant.
What's the general consensus on how how long takes to get back to baseline? I know it's going to vary from person to person, and I'm fine with that.

I thought it was interesting that I still got visuals from the ald-52, even though the previous day I had taken probably about 20mg of 4-AcO-DMT, but insignificant altered cognition or what I call "mindfuck". I had never really tried to trip 2 days in a row before, and the difference between the intensity of this 3 tab trip, and the experience i had on ONE tab about a week earlier, is staggering. I took some more 4acodmt the next day and noticed virtually nothing, but i also had amnesia from taking ~30mg of o-pce and ~20mg 3-meo-pce (split into two halves. dont remember taking the second half).

So it seems like there are multiple tolerances... If all I want is visuals, I can trip fairly frequently. But if I want the Headspace, the mind fuck, (the most interesting aspect of tripping if you ask me), I need to wait....how long? I've tripped hard with as little as 3 days in between trips. But I could see how using psychs frequently over a long period of time could eventually lead to a situtations where tolerance breaks will have to be longer.

Of course this is going to differ as all of our brains are slightly different, but I'm curious to hear what others have to say about this. specificially the distinction ive made between a tolerance for the headspace/mindfuck and a tolerance for the visuals.

Last edited: