• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

March 2017 Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. something new is happening!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After three and a half years off of heroin, I relapsed in november. I'm January I moved to Florida to get back together with my ex and start a new life. Everything backfired horribly and I ended up strung out down here. Now I haven't used since Sunday but my life is a disaster, worse than ever. I lost my job, my girl and my house. My family is pissed I came here in the first place so they are no help.

I'm sober but life sucks. Stuck in the streets with nowhere to go sleeping in the park.

Anyone nhave some advice or moral support? I haven't been on here in a long time.

Did you really like your life prior to the relapse? What would you change now so you could really like living again?

I have 2 years, 5 months.

^ Right behind you. I have 2 years, 2 months. Life doesn't really turn to a rainbow but it's definitely worth it.

@BrokedownPalace, I've experienced relapses many times in life and I know how difficult it's to believe the damage we caused can be reversed. Even though it's hard to see things getting better in a short term, you can only do this by starting all over again. I know it's quite challenging to find the energy to get up, especially few day after quitting but it's worse if you don't keep trying.

As bad as things appear to be right now - there's one way out. The sooner you realize this better are your chances so that you slowly get back to where you want to be.

I have been on methadone for 2 years trying to get off dope with no success. Saturday i increased my dose by 10mg and right now I have exactly 48hrs without shooting up. I'm feeling pretty good about things but I need to stay busy constantly. I hope i can do it this time.

Having a tough time this morning but I'm determined to not call the dope man. Doesn't help that he's already called me 3 times and texted 6. I purposely made sure I had no access to cash today so I can't say fuck it and just get some. I'm going to try to stay busy and hopefully the craving will pass.

Is there any way you can block his number? Most smartphones have a feature you can use to block calls and texts from certain numbers, and you can always call your phone's service provider to have them manually block incoming calls and messages from certain numbers.

Keep your head up. If you keep yourself occupied and not let yourself get too stressed out the cravings will pass. It is only a matter of time. Keep up the good work!

Hey, Msk00... I second TPD's suggestion about blocking your dealer's number from your phone. This is a brutally tough thing to do, I know. But it's such an important step for many people. Otherwise the temptation is gonna be huge, and who needs that?

Also, I think that's a good idea about not carrying cash. I stopped carrying cash when I started cleaning up this time around and it's made a big difference for me.

Good luck, man.

Thanks guys. It's been eight days off dope for me now. Have nowhere to live still but actively looking for work since I just got laid off. I'm all alone basically in Florida except the girl who ruined my life. We still talk and it's not all her fault but she really screwed me up. I caved in though and got a script for sixty klonopins since my anxiety is out of control. I dont abuse them so it'll help.

Is there any way you can block his number? Most smartphones have a feature you can use to block calls and texts from certain numbers, and you can always call your phone's service provider to have them manually block incoming calls and messages from certain numbers.

Keep your head up. If you keep yourself occupied and not let yourself get too stressed out the cravings will pass. It is only a matter of time. Keep up the good work!

Your right, I'm going to have to block him. I owe him some money and didn't want to block him until I can take care of it but he's going to have to wait.
Anyways, today's day 4 and I'm feeling pretty good today. I wish the weather was a bit nicer so I could go for a walk with my dogs. Just trying to keep moving.

Hey, Msk00... I second TPD's suggestion about blocking your dealer's number from your phone. This is a brutally tough thing to do, I know. But it's such an important step for many people. Otherwise the temptation is gonna be huge, and who needs that?

Also, I think that's a good idea about not carrying cash. I stopped carrying cash when I started cleaning up this time around and it's made a big difference for me.

Good luck, man.

Blocking his number is for the best so that's what I did. Having cash on me is a huge trigger so I made sure I can't access my accounts without a huge hassle. Luckily I have someone I can trust to handle finances for a while.

Sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulders, Msk00. You can do this. Take it slow. Be good to yourself. You got this.

just celebrated my first sober birthday! which i got to spend the day doing laundry for the rehab that i'm @, was able to call my mother and speak with her, it was a very nice birthday because I didn't get high or drunk.

so i'm working on my 8 months clean and sober ^_^!!! :3

I am feeling really good about myself, that I was able to survive this far into the steps. I would have never thought of me getting sober by working the 12 steps, and I have worked all 12 steps of Alcoholics Anonymous. I am very active in my homegroup which meets tuesdays nights @ 8 oclock. I do shit now that I never saw myself ever really doing, like helping people coming off of drugs and alcohol. I have a chance to help people today, and the feeling I get by sitting with someone and giving them a hopeshot from someone like me is amazing!
I should be working @ a rehab for women here in the next month (the mens is full @ the moment) and I am super stoked!! xD

anyways, glad to be part of the solution today, and not part of the problem.

i would post more and stuff except i dont get a chance to get out much, i will here soon.

<3 u all! and if no one said that they love you today, then I love you guys & gals ! xxOXOXo!

So happy for you D's! I'm always so glad to hear from a long time member of BL who meets with success in their journey in recovery! Keep up the great work comrade!!!

Happy birthday D's! And congratulations on all your success. That's awesome my dude

I trashed some stuff and I'm hoping to take the right steps. I'm just worried about inadvertently swapping out one addiction for another

Last edited:
Five months sober yesterday. I was able to shed some tears and feel sadness this morning for the first time in a while. The journey continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.