• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Eat, drink, drugs, sleep, Sex in heaven?

Markomarkh

Bluelighter
If you believe in heaven, will we have bodies that eat, drink, sleep and sex? They say we will get the best of best? Do we get the best beautiful women, best beer and exotic drugs or what? Or we just spiritual what you mean just spiritual? Will we able to telephathically communicate feelings that physical body will seem primative!?

I dunno, but I believe all earthly pleasures won't interest us any more while we are there. As far as having physical bodies, don't know that either (of course) but I have read many books by psychics, mediums, near death epxperiences etc. And the general consensus seems to be that all your loved ones and even pets are there to great you. I know the Bible says no to animals though so I guess depends what you believe ?

Yeah I believe Jesus was trying to say we can make the "kingdom of heaven" on earth, if we love and support each other. That's why war/hatred/oppression in the name of god/Jesus is one of the biggest travesties I can think of.

I think heaven and hell in the religious sense are devices used to control people. Hey, be like and do what we want, so you can have this eternity of pleasure, and if you don't, you'll instead have an eternity of torture. Better go to church!

Revelations indicates we will acquire a "new body". Im not sure what that means, but it sounds nice.

I don't think material things like sex and food will matter once we're dead.

Would your grandmother be 24 as she would like or would she be 76 as you remember her? But yeah not religious and thus dont believe in it but doesnt all that defeat the purpose of heaven? If you wanted material things you should get them on earth becasue they are here.

My dads view of heaven is pretty funny I think. He thinks that when you 'get there' there's just a big weatherspoons with a buffet laid out and everyone you know. He doesn't like most of the people he knows and weatherspoons is a budget British chain pub known for cheap drinks and food.

Given that the town I grew up and live in has a weatherspoons and most of the people he knows goes, his wildest dreams essentially amount to the local weatherspoons + buffet.