• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Tripping Thread: Viruses Can't Penetrate Hyperspace

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda like winter, but Autumn is my favorite time of the year :)
Springtime is nice too, but when I get to be in nature. Spending spring in this city usually just makes me depressed and allergic.

Summer in unbearably hot here and I hate it.

What's your guys' ideal ambient temperature? 14-24C for me probably. Although I do like the tropical blast of 30C with high humidity as well, as long as theres sufficient fan action for sleeping

Damn summer is the most depressing time for you? It's the opposite for me. Summer is the shit, winter is shitty(LIES, LIES,LIES!!!)
Obviously you know it's all individualistic but I love winter! It's so naturally beautiful. Nothing can beat the beauty of snow for me! Snow falling down watching it in a street lamp is so exsquisite! Fresh fallen snow. Everything is not dead it's simply hibernating! Yeah it's harder but so what it's beautiful. Yeah it's cold but who cares! Summer is often uncomfortably hot. All personal preference but winter is astoundingly beautiful which I know no one would deny but still. Just admire the beauty and forget about bullshit! That's what life is basically...!

Hey guys, bought a gram of 3-FPM yesterday and just finished it not too long ago. I got another gram of the stuff but trying not to touch that, its sleep I need now. Anyways, been up all night and starting to feel a bit of depletion. Rarely do stims, but man, this 3-FPM stuff is pretty compulsive stuff, I can see how the redosing could lead to some really ugly crashes.

My question is about whether 3-FPM interacts with ketamine in a bad way? I took a line of Ketamine just now and it seemed to help interrupt the redosing cycle. Still a bit spun but feeling more relaxed. Wondering if taking more ketamine would be a bad idea? Anyways, I feel fine but remembered that ketamine may be unsafe to take with stims since ketamine increased the concentration of DA in rat brain tissue by increasing DA release or interrupting DA degradation (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4565304/. Anyone have experience using ketamine on tail end of a stim binge to come down? Does it help?

I thought he meant shards... I just never seen someone call it that
its just a diff way of spelling shards.
like lolspeak way of spelling shards.
like ermahgerd i got some sherdz
yeah summer is by far the worst time of the year for me depression wise by far. it starts getting nasty in may about 2 weeks before my birthday and then keeps on going the whole summer basically. it gets worse the older i get because at this point its all i know anymore, things have been like this so long that more than likely this is how it'll always be
i officially have off for calyx+teebee and i should be able to have off for DJ hype the week after that and if i'm super lucky i'll get off for ed rush and optical the week after that so at least the beginning of the summer hopefully will be better than i've ever had

My roommate and I made some tea yesterday from Psilocybe cyanescens I picked this fall. We each took an herbal teabags, opened them up, and added .5g of grown cyans. Honestly a great way to make tea, masks whatever taste they exude and don't have to bother with straining.

Man those suckers are potent though, granted we were smoking a ton of herb the whole time, but I was getting legit OEVs off .5g of these mushrooms. It was very short lasting and mild, but definitely a tripped more than I had expected.

First time I've taken mushrooms in over 2 years I believe, forgot how completely sedating they are. All I wanted to do was melt into the beach and watch rocks breath and morph. Didn't feel like talking at all either, on LSD i'm a damn chatterbox.

Definitely going to try like 1.5g (1.5g cyans ~ 2.25g cubes) into tea next time, was really intrigued with the ornate visuals. Sometimes I wonder if mushroom visuals look and feel so "organic" just because of confirmation bias that I know they are a natural medium compared to say LSD or 2C-B. They just really give me this ancient civilization sort of feeling; Aztec, Egyptian or even old Native American looking patterns and textures.

This kind of patterning seems very characteristic of the mescaline and 2C series to me:
NSFW:
2v36j3m.jpg

Speaking of mescaline...so I got around to trying that mescaline I acquired. Due to some schedule changes, I ended up tripping on the 14th rather than last weekend as planned, and chose a 300mg dose.

Wow. I have read a lot about it being an exceptionally kind and gentle psychedelic, and it absolutely lived up to that reputation for me. Entering the mescaline headspace and body high was like gradually wading into a warm sea. I honestly couldn't pinpoint where I started coming up;maybe two hours in I realized that I was actually pretty high. While I wouldn't call it sedating, it felt warm and dreamy compared to the boundless energy I'm used to from metocin. Fairly subdued visually, but the colors were beautiful and I did get some fractal patterning. I can't comment much on CEVs since they were pretty faint, but they did seem more angular than the more curvy, sunflower-like CEVs I get from metocin.

The headspace is by far my favorite aspect. Metocin has a very fun and whimsical headspace and some stunning visuals that have ensured positive trips for me every time, but I've never taken much away from it. Mescaline was much more of a peaceful, "guiding" psychedelic for me; there were certainly confusing, "stoning" moments, but for the most part, I felt as though I was able to think through my problems and concerns with life, with utmost clarity. (I'll spare you the details;in short, I"ve always been a very introverted person, and fearful of taking risks.) And the payoff for articulating those problems was transcendent. It felt as though a burden had been lifted after simply writing out my thoughts on my phone. And with resolution, there was an indescribable sense of pure joy and liberation that brought me to tears.

I would like to come back to mescaline some time at a slightly higher dose, but it feels like it would be doing myself a disservice not to make an honest effort to work on the solutions the trip guided me toward. That, and 2 grams isn't a whole lot so I'd like to save it for really special occasions.

Amazing stuff.

^ Sweet. :) I still haven't tried mescaline. I hope I'm lucky enough to find some synthetic material for the occasion, because I'd much prefer that to a plant preparation.

Metocin has a very fun and whimsical headspace and some stunning visuals that have ensured positive trips for me every time, but I've never taken much away from it.

A lot of people say this about the METs, but 4-AcO-MET (pretty similar to metocin) gave me one my most memorable and insightful trips. YMMV...

Mescaline from cactus (with the whole alkaloid spectrum rather than isolated, of course) is a different and fuller experience than synthetic mescaline. Pure/synthetic mescaline still has some nausea but certainly less.

Mescaline, either pure or in cactus, is a wonderful thing. :) I want to maybe do it this summer, it's been years.

One reason I'd like synthetic mescaline is so that someday I can directly compare it to synthetics like escaline and proscaline. Although it would be nice to try the plant as well. On the other hand, while I've had authentic ayahuasca, I've not had "pharmahuasca" with moclobemide and isolated DMT. I wonder how they compare.

I stumbled upon the old "4-HO-DMT vs. 4-AcO-DMT" comparison thread the other day, and it contained some interesting side-discussion about the differences between mushrooms and synthetic 4-HO-DMT. I agree with the point you made in that thread, Xorkoth; that the highly complex soup of organic compounds in a plant or fungus could subjectively impact the nature of a trip in myriad ways. For example, as I often like to tout, I find substantial differences in the subjective effects of various natural caffeine sources, like coffee, tea, and cacao.

Last edited:
Yeah, for me anyway, it effects it no doubt. Both pure 4-AcO-DMT and 4-HO-DMT sort of go straight to the point whereas mushrooms, though they can do that, are often a more physical, internal/external thing. I haven't had the opportunity to try pure 4-PO-DMT (psilocybin), though apparently there is no reason to think it should be subjectively any different than psilocin. But who knows, if no one has tried it? There is also DMT, NMT and 4-HO-NMT in mushrooms if I am not mistaken. Seemingly mostly inactive on their own, but in combination? Who knows.

For example, as I often like to tout, I find substantial differences in the subjective effects of various natural caffeine sources, like coffee, tea, and cacao.

Yeah, they really seem different. Even black vs green tea feel different, although I do wonder if it's all in my head.

4-AcO-DMT for sure feels different from mushrooms, more sedentary is the biggest obvious difference.

^Certainly a difference from coffee to tea. Part of that is definitely the difference in caffeine content, with most coffee averaging 3 or 4 times the amount seen in green teas. Plus, green tea has that l-thianine or whatever, supposedly it counteracts the anxiogenic effects produced by caffeine.

Oh man, I bet LSD and MDA is an awesome combo. I've only had MDA a couple of times. How did the trip go? And happy birthday! :)

Well enough that I forgot to come back and update the thread. :) I underdosed the LSD, should have did two or three hits but I gave one away and hadn't tried the batch yet. MDA is wonderful though, this makes 3 times that I've tried it. It gives me all the things I like about MDMA without that massive push to be social. I would have enjoyed some company for that night on MDA but begin alone didn't bother me at all. I have another capsule of MDA left with a higher dose in it (maybe 30-50mg more). Going to save it for a special night.

with most coffee averaging 3 or 4 times the amount seen in green teas. Plus, green tea has that l-thianine or whatever, supposedly it counteracts the anxiogenic effects produced by caffeine.

Haha, I guess that's the only difference I'm able to notice. I usually drink coffee in the morning and green tea in the evening most days. Drinking green tea right now, in fact, heh. The only difference I can really tell is that coffee feels much more stimulating and gets jittery if I drink too much.

Theanine does attenuate some of the side-effects of caffeine (really well if you take pure theanine) but in tea there isn't really much theanine present so you would have to drink many pots of it for it to be generally very effective and you would also be drinking that much more caffeine. I think there is mostly just much more caffeine in coffee. Other xanthines present could competitively inhibit metabolic enzymes a bit..

I do find yerba mat? to feel a bit more preferable as a source of caffeine. Isn't there also something attached to part of the caffeine present in it?

I wonder if some of the differences (if they're real) are down to cruder parts of the infusion - for example I find a good quality espresso drink feels different than the bulk filter brew coffee you get at a gas station or cafeteria. Perhaps these filter brews are extracting a broader spectrum of alkyloids and organics and cause more subtle stomach discomfort, which could cause a psycho-somatic effect of feeling more nervous? There's a real cocktail of compounds that end up in these drinks. Likewise, with green tea vs. black tea, there are a lot more tannins in the black, which might affect the whole experience a bit.

Oh yeah - then there's the energy drinks like red bull, which really are just caffeine drinks, but they seem to feel a lot different from a similar amount of caffeine ingested via coffee. Maybe those "magic" ingredients they put in them like different sugars and amino acids or whatever it is, really do make a difference.

I don't really like those energy drinks, but I recently tried the original - krating daeng - and I can see why people drink the stuff. It tastes pretty gross, better than red bull imo, but still so syrupy, but it really did give me some extra physical endurance that was different from a cup of coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.