• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Tripping Thread: Viruses Can't Penetrate Hyperspace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I also find the 2C-Xs to have similarities to mescaline. However they're substantially more visual and trippy-style psychedelic than mescaline.

How is proscaline as an entactogen? Mesc is already hardly psychedelic for me so I get it if it doesn't go that deep, on the other hand I have gotten OOBE level zapping with mescaline before, but I pretty much never get OEVs.

I really wouldn't like proscaline to be all that 2C-D ish to me, which is a bit bland imo.

Lol don't you love it when you find notes from a trip a while back? Crazy diagrams, chaotic handwriting ["CONFUSION --> <--- -->> Must decision OK :) with worwords"] .. starts report neatly with times, dosage of ETH-LAD, 'coming up fast, feels friendly but heavy' and then pandemonium on the paper lol

I took a short break, from the semi- or semisemi-weekly tripping... and yesterday went for the 'safe choice' ETH-LAD again and it was great and helped me a lot. Wanna go for 4-AcO-DMT or aMT next weekend perhaps and after that I will have less time again...
Last time I tried about 20 mg 4-AcO-DMT i got hardly more than a serious body trypt buzz, I am wondering if it is the fumarate...

I've taken proscaline twice, at 50mg and 55mg. The first time was at 50mg, and I went to band practice. I found it to be really, really good for music. It was euphoric and similar to mescaline but less emotionally deep, less magical. Also more stimulating. I wrote a TR about it that you can find in the TR forum. The second time was at 55mg, and I also went to band practice, but that time there were some unforeseen stresses and I ended up feeling quite a bit of anxiety. The first trip on it was really nice. Mescaline is certainly better all around, but I really enjoyed proscaline as well. They were quite similar in many ways.

Pure mescaline always made me sick... I mean the waxy stuff might not help but it is not entirely the reason for nausea I'm sure :)

Yeah the good stuff is in the green layer, one of the layers that come right after the first waxy layer...

I wouldn't use the core but I also personally wouldn't mess around with trying to peel these layers. Focus your energy on cooking it up and reducing it without creating a slimy blob that keeps together.

Next time I'll do my same process but throw everything in the blender - probably won't even bother cutting of the spines (so skip setp 1 below). It's probably not worth separating that outer skin at all.

My process was:

1. Prepare cacti by removing spines and waxy outer layer.
2. Blend it completely in a powerful blender until it's a smoothie.
3. Boil the smoothie along with some added water.
4. Filter it, keep filtrate, put the residue back on to boil with some added water.
5. Repeat #4 for several rounds recycling the residue each time to hopefully extract all it's mescaline in the water.
6. Reduce filtrate by boiling. Scrape off gunk.
7. Allow filtrate to settle out, pour the liquid off the top, discard the stuff that's settled out.

What remains is a semi-transparent, very bitter, golden liquid. Haven't tried it yet, but I think this simple extraction should be good enough for my purpose.

Man I took 4-AcO-DMT today but it might have been degraded, it was brown but not wet or gooey or truly fucked up looking or anything like that...

The dosage was 33 mg, still not sure if it is the fumarate as the label didn't say properly... I haven't been in contact with my source who is also a buddy and has a good webshop with this kind of stuff for a little while. Actually before this I tried this 4-AcO-DMT before and also 4-HO-MET in recent years and the 4-HO-MET also produced a plethora of side-effects some of which resembling an allergic reaction. There wasn't any signs of allergy with the 4-AcO-DMT but just like last time it was unlike I remember 4 sub trypts or mushrooms being. The trypt buzz was powerful but felt a bit uncomfortable, I got cold but a comforter wasn't helpful either, a pain when peeing (and frequent urination, but i have similar issues with other psychedelics like ETH-LAD nowadays), it's a bit hard to accurately describe all the side-effects but it felt icky and wrong. A lot may tie into unusual vasoconstriction... overall I'd describe it as malaise.

The psychedelic effects were pretty mild, although late into the trip I did get some very welcome catharsis I know all too well from psilocin, mushrooms or DMT. In the past often it involved confrontation with mortality and such existential or philosophical anxieties but those haven't been themes for me for a while now. It started with a beautiful sadness that I somehow wish would last forever, it developed into a sorrow and release of painful emotions and pent up personal difficulties. It was curious: I felt vulnerable like a newborn, stripped, yet I could tell I wanted to embrace it very much because of what I guess is the healing power of catharsis? I am by now conditioned to recognize and seek this state where in the past I might have been frightened and felt like I had things to lose. Illusions :)

I guess I am willing to try some 4 sub trypt in the future that is definitely not degraded [too much], and try to rule out that it is just how I react to these compounds now for some reason. I would also like to try mushrooms again to see if the problems are the same. But if this shit persists I am gonna have to give them up.

Has anyone had issues like these before? Before I thought that part of it were perhaps problems with me having anxiety problems and depending too much on substances to manage them, and that I would just get so many anxiety manifestations with these types of psychedelics. But I have actually managed to stop drinking and settle down with most other stuff too... I am doing relatively very well these days but I guess that wasn't the problem...

I have also had similar trips on 4-aco-dmt, enough so that I don't want to use psilacetin anymore. Other 4-sub trips have been increasingly mild, so I'm not going to seek any more for a long time and just hope my receptors repair and eventually trips become like they used to be.

Sorry to hear that, that sucks... but am glad i am not alone in this

edit: by the way, thanks for the info on proscaline - sounds pretty good :)

Last edited:
Going to see Umphrey's tonight with some friends, Marcus King Band is opening (love those guys, we recorded them in our studio last year and hung out at a festival). I think I'm gonna take some AMT, and AL-LAD. And I hear someone is wanting to dose us with ALD-52 so if it's offered I'll add that. It's gonna be a swirly night! :) There's also an after-party that my friend's band is playing.

^I almost went to see Umphrey's once back in college. I declined as it was a week night. I'll regret that for life :\

God that was an awesome show, and an awesome night. :) I did AMT and 300ug of AL-LAD, had a pretty profound experience with the music, it exceeded my (and all of our) expectations, it was so good. Then I went back and hung out with a bunch of random people and did nitrous periodically... every single time I did it, I got there, it was crazy. Today I woke up and felt pretty drained but ended up spending the whole day with my girl and a friend and went on a nice hike and hung out with dogs and had an amazing afterglow, such a fun day. And I have tomorrow off, gonna paint my living room and then jam with friends. :)

Soo I've had some 4-aco-dmt IV, but never enough to break through. I have 4-aco-dpt too now and want to try that, not have never tried any non dmt tryptamine compounds. Think I should go for oral or IV? DMT or DPT? I'm leaning towards 4-aco-dpt IV just nervous... Maybe I should try 5 mg 4-aco-dmt to try to reduce the severity of transition of I IV?

I can't comment on IVing, but I have tried to IM 4-HO-DPT (not AcO, and it was a salt, not freebase). I was only able to get 5mg into a solution of maybe 2mL, or 3mL of water. And even that took heating it and stirring constantly for 25 minutes. It is virtually insoluble in water though I recall in the Big and Dandy thread years ago someone was describing a way they got it into solution.

Yeah I did read that it was damn near insoluble.... I wonder if it could dissolve in something like propyl glycol or whichever one is okay to inject. Too bad I have neither

There's psoodanyms technique that I used in the B&D. It was hard and long fought but 40 or so mgs IM was insane. Tripped so much harder than expected.

Woooow people taking more than 10 mg of the 4-aco-dpt are getting bunk shit or something.... I consider myself quite experienced and ≈10 mg iv is way more powerful than any attempts with 4-aco-dmt... Honestly I could see people easily losing their shit and like I said I'm not a stranger to the effects. The visual aspect is a lot heavier in a way that ads like rainbow depth to everything all the whole fucking with depth perception.... It's pretty wow. Imma go watch Captain underpants once I get myself a bowl packed.

I'll update maybe 15-20 minutes after the peak the overwhelming visual aspect died down.. besides a buzzing energy, which could be due to more environmental factors it really feels the same as I would expect from something like mushrooms or 4-aco-dmt.

Status
Not open for further replies.