• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Tripping Thread: Viruses Can't Penetrate Hyperspace

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do ypu think of 4-ho-MET? Its my fave tryptamine after the sacred DMT..

I find 4-HO-MET to be colourful and stimulating, but it lacks in depth compared to tryptamines like mushrooms, 4-AcO-DMT, or 4-HO-DPT. It doesn't go very deep for me, it's more eye candy and lots of fun. I'm a quite introspective person and 4-HO-MET is maybe a little bit too extrospective for me. I still like it. It's quite similar to 4-HO-MiPT.

I still consider 4-AcO-DMT to be my favourite psychedelic. But this last mushroom trip I had felt so similar to 4-AcO-DMT that that it would have been hard to even distinguish which one I was tripping on. I have considered 4-AcO-DMT to be warmer and more gentle, but that was exactly how the shrooms felt after many years of not using them. The same warm and sedating feeling, almost on the verge of being lethargic physically, but mentally completely indulged in the trip.

Generally I'm a big friend of all 4-substituted tryptamines (they are all quite shroom-like, except for 4-Aco/HO-DPT which is very unique), 5-MeO's are a more hard nut to crack. Especially the bodyload on 5-MeO's can be completely unbearable.

Last edited:
Aha, well its eye candy and colour I'm after tbh. I'm not really interested in deep psychedelics anymore, they are all as transient as each other IME.

That's the worst thing about drugs, they all wear off ;)

I started thinking about the differences between mushrooms and 4-AcO-DMT. My shroom trip was almost indistinguishable from 4-AcO-DMT.

How do you perceive the differences between the two?

For me, 4-AcO-DMT comes on, every time, feeling like oral smoked DMT, weaker of course, less fast, but the same feeling, the same high-frequency buzzing, the same sort of "whoa, I can't do anything right now". The only thing I like doing in the first stage is listening to music. Then the second stage, after the peak, feels basically just like the second stage of mushrooms. Contrast that to mushrooms/4-HO-DMT, where the first stage involves a deep connection to something higher and to nature, I feel curious and everything is crisp. There is no smoked DMT feeling at all, it's a more rounded, warm buzzing with a lot more mental content.

Just went out of a 3 days binge on AMB-FUBINACA. I hate so much synthetic cannabinoids...they grab me by the balls and don't let go until they are gone.
In fact, I have forbidden myself to buy them. But somebody sent me a sample which was supposed to be Descloroketamine. It was really lucky to analyse it and wait for results. It crossed my mind to go for it during the wait, it would have been a disaster. I had some problem in the past when somebody sent me 5-meo-dalt instead of a cannabinoid, so I learnt to be careful.
This cannabinoid is extra potent. Really active in dosages under 1mg. I eye balled dosages, as my scale is not good for such small dosages. Problem with eye balling is you kind of overdose sometimes and that makes your tolerance rise to the roof. But took me 3 days to finish about 80mg...and I was doing my best, or better said my worst. I think you can easily get 300 hits without tolerance from that.

It is very scary to see how addictive that shit is. Suppose some people can control it. But I consider myself a cannabicolic, even weed makes me look like an addict. For some reason I cannot stop when I get to a good point, and I have to go overboard. With cannabinoids I discovered the perfect addict weed, as they are masters in knocking you out. They make my life a miserable hole, where nothing have any value. A loop where nothing matters, and all is smoking, eating and sleeping.

Ugh, I hate synth cannabinoids. I was buying them for a while back in the JWH-018/073 days. They feel like really strange substitutes to cannabis, lacking subtlety and facets, and tend to be really, really intense and forceful. I don't like how they feel, and some of them seem really sketchy. Plus, some of them are full agonists apparently and can cause withdrawals with habitual use. I was using them for a while because they're a lot cheaper than cannabis, and then I was like, nah, not worth it. They kinda creep me out.

Ya, I am not gonna be the one defending them. But for people thirsty for evasion they have some appeal. They actually do really well the job of taking all your problems away...with a huge cost. They take life away.
The thing is they are like that very hot girl you know you shouldn't be hanging out with, it is easy not to call her, but once is at yours, well it is difficult to stop yourself. Once you get into it there is no way you can stop it. You are hypnotized! I promise I would have never ordered them, but once the wrong sample is at home...

As well the newer ones have nothing to do with the JWH series. JWH series feel quite similar to weed, at least for the occasional user. The new ones have ultra short duration. The one I had last not even 30min I would say and are really powerful. They knock you out time after time. They could have a promising field in the treatment for insomnia.

I think for people who have been into them for a long time the cravings can be legendary. The cold turkey is not very bad, it is more the psychological part of the game the problem. The thing is I don't think you can be in that state for a long time. When I was an opium addict I went to work in a factory and nobody realized of anything, with synthetic cannabinoids I couldn't take the hard job...not to mention not lifting some red flags.

Now then I think about it, there are some slight differences between the two. 4-AcO-DMT is brighter visually, and shrooms more dark (no, not dark but not as bright as on 4-AcO-DMT). Some say that 4-AcO-DMT is visually close to Ayahuasca. I can't comment on that, since I've never tried Ayahuasca nor Pharmahuasca, but at some point I definitely will try it. Any comments about that?

I also found out that when I really indulged in the world of tryptamines 5-6 years ago, I thought I had tried almost all 4-subbed tryptamines. But 4-HO-DET is still untried. However, I have used 4-AcO-DET a few times. I wasn't impressed. Are there any significant differences between the acelytated and hydroxylated tryptamines? E.g. 4-AcO-DPT and 4-HO-DPT were pretty much identical, the only difference was that I needed a higher those on the AcO, but that may also have been due to impurities in the compound.

Edit: Also a question to the mods; why are there now two separate social threads on the psychedelic side? Is this topic meant for discussion about psychedelics and the other social thread just for ordinary everyday things?

Last edited:
Yeah basically, but there are no rules, anything goes in either one. We split it into 2 because, for one thing, there was a lot of traffic, having two means we have to shut down, archive, and create a new one less often. The main reason was because we wanted to attract more people to partpcipate and thought having a thread that people could come to while high or whatever and talk to people. PD Social is a pretty tight-knit group and we felt like it might have made some people shy to participate, so splitting into 2 threads sort of made one of them a new thing. We did get some new posters in here too. :)

Nasty shit. I'm so glad for this harm reduction community here. The beacon shining it's blue light of knowledge across the internet.

psy, that read like a bit of bullshit.

Some noids definitely cause a lot of problems, but the superficial SAR spotting reads as very amateuristic... don't avoid the fluorinated ones, but just do avoid those that put people in hospitals and to be sure their close analogues. A fluoro on it's own or a t-butyl says nothing.
Fortunately the bold part does give you an idea of which ones to avoid, apparently because they have indeed made causalties but I haven't fact-checked that... IIRC that mdmb mentioned is indeed toxic
I wouldn't pay too close attention to detail in that first linked thread since those are shoddy, as well as the whole TFM scare.

Edit: Forgot about the smoking part though regarding fluorinated ones :) Would be different story to ingest orally (which I have done in the past until I quit synthetic noids entirely)

But maybe it should be taken with a grain of salt when comparing to cigarettes which contain a lot more compounds by weight, are also smoked and also form such toxic compounds... I don't think you really wanna know how many sulfur and nitrogen compounds can be found in cigarettes. One might say that is a bad example since cigarettes kill, but still it could make it unreasonable to recoil in disgust thinking about the heteroatoms in noids one moment and just lighting a smoke the next... =D

Smoking a herb based tobacco substitute then, what kind of heavy pyrotoxic biomolecules are you smoking then and how much N > S > Cl (>F ) is involved there?

Various noids are fucked up, but there are countless mechanisms for why they are toxic on for example kidneys? So I kiiinda doubt I dodged a bullet when I took noids orally some years ago. Before it started escalating quicker and quicker regarding how different the structures were, combined to form novel noids... each novel addition of chemical groups introducing more and more questionmarks toxicologically when they were still doing tox analysis on the first generation... lol..

Again, the message is: resist the temptation of having cheap and legal alternatives to illicit drugs, because they are really not all harmless like it all seems initially (and doesn't it always?).

Last edited:
Yes thanks for your insight Solipsis, I always gain a lot from reading your posts.

Where I am weed is cheap and basically legal, so I can't imagine ever reaching for the synthetic cannabinoids. But the legality and cost sure varies a lot across the globe. I remember checking out a wikipedia page on legality of marijuana globally and there was mention that it's thought that MJ is legal in North Korea of all places.

edit: it's gone from the main cannabis legality page now, but there's this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_in_North_Korea so it's definitely up in the air so to speak

I've heard it grows by the roadside in N. Korea. Wouldn't surprise me, honestly the government has such absolute power there that I don't see what they would have to gain by banning cannabis. If anything it might make the peasants more malleable and sedated if they're all stoned.

I imagine if you're a good, law abiding, Great Leader loving citizen, there wouldn't be much to be paranoid about 8)

Last edited:
If anything it might make the peasants more malleable and sedated if they're all stoned.

Sometimes I worship Kim Jong Un when I'm stoned and sedated. The other day I printed his picture and lit some candless to it. Then suddenly I realized I could speak Korean, but when the high wore off I couldn't remember a word.

I think that's why my government has banned cannabis and theirs haven't. I can trust they are just trying to protect me.

I've also noticed that when I'm REALLY stoned, my eyes look sort of asian. Very suspicious.

North Korea=Best Korea

NSFW:
2epoz8g.jpg

I imagine most people who coin-out of IOP (intensive outpatient substance abuse therapy) are, quite rightly, proud of themselves. I'm just happy to have my schedule back to normal. I let myself get talked into it after a 3-meo-pcp fueled incident that resulted in a misdemeanor OVI and felony fleeing charge (a story for another time) so that I can show the court that I'm working to get my life back on track and try to keep out of prison for the felony. I never planned on getting sober, not forever, and never from everything. Once I flushed the 3-meo-pcp that was it as far I'm concerned, but I still have to convince the court. I can't even tell my counselor the truth about why I don't want to get a 12-step program sponsor out of fear of her telling the court I'm not serious about my intentions. So all while I'm supposed to be opening up and being honest and working on "recovery" I still have to maintain a set of lies, and I feel dirty because it's a betrayal of the trust of not only my counselor but also the people truly trying to better themselves in this program. Any advice for getting over this feeling, or do I just hope that this deception has the intended effect and move on?

You'd be lying to survive... If there is truly no sort of denial in those intentions to keep drug use at least as an option in the future or rather a great likelihood then I would not see it as a scam or deception any more than what lawyers do to try and minimize sentences: manipulating to survive by proxy... not out of some sort of malice.
Well not directly anyway, indirectly with OVI you are a threat to the safety of not only yourself but others so choosing to use drugs like 3-MeO-PCP (depending on how responsibly and restrained erring on the side of caution always with dosage) indirectly is taking a chance that you or someone else might get hurt.
The war on drugs is mostly bullshit of course, but with things like OVI there is really no other way than to admit it is not a harmless trespass or at least regarding it's considerable potential for harming others.

If you wanna live your life using drugs and probably harming yourself some way or another over time, you should have that right... don't feel guilty about that and the lies you tell now... but it seems no more than fair to feel some appropriate amount of guilt for any indirect drug-related incidents that indeed may harm others.

I'm not judging, good deal that you flushed your 3-MeO-PCP after that stuff (interested to hear your story :) ), sorry that it happened. Just thinking this through a bit. People make mistakes, it's not of use to anyone if people get stuck in feeling guilty about it forever, but as the cliche says: it's about how much you try to change yourself to avoid making the mistake again.

So yeah always hopeful that people apply HR to minimize harm to themselves but minimizing harm to others isn't so optional, not so free, not such a purely personal choice. Everyone should reconsider their drug use in that regard. I do understand that people get fucked everyday from something involving drugs when persons with very limited options and a bad deal in life just try to survive: it's rarely so simple.

I have this strange preference for Lyrica. In high doses (~1500 mg, I've sometimes gone up to 2500 mg but that's unwise for your kidneys and can provoke seizures) it feels like a combination of GHB, MDMA, alcohol, benzos, weed and ketamine. It's just very unique. On high doses it feels dissociative and even slightly psychedelic, with minor OEV's.

Nowadays instead of alcohol, if I want to chill out after a stressful week, I love to take pregabalin. Well, sometimes together with a few beers but pregabalin potentiates alcohol humongously. Weed while high on pregablin can be tricky, since pregabalin is such a weird bastard. Theoretically a sedative, but it has potentiated cannabis for me to uncomfortable levels. It has a synergy with caffeine and nicotine too. It's mechanism of action and effects just make it very unique, hard to put into any category (well, gabapentinoids would probably be it). Right now, I feel trippy, euphoric and dissociated on around 1200 mg. I actually can get quite energetic on this stuff, like to clean, search for various stuff, play records, and it makes me reeeeally social. Completely unlike e.g. alcohol and benzos which does dull my mind boringly.

Okay, now to the psychedelics...

Thanks to pregabalin, I got an urge to search around for all kinds of hidden and forgotten things, and found a bag of 50 mg 25C-NBOMe HCl. The bag has been in a dark, cool place for 6 years. Do you think there has been any degradation, or should it work just fine? Phens shouldn't degrade easily, unlike trypts? I quite liked 25C-NBOMe, altough it was more fun and eye candy than anything deep or spiritual.

Also, no one answered my question in an earlier post, reagarding the differences between hydroxylated and acetylated tryptamines. Anyone, Solipis? You seem to have quite extensive knowledge about these. Lets' take an example. 4-AcO-DPT and 4-HO-DPT. Qualitatively, they felt exactly the same. The only difference was that 4-AcO-DPT was slightly less potent. However, 4-HO-DMT (psilocin, as you know) and 4-AcO-DMT are not exactly identical. I've e.g. never tried 4-HO-DiPT, but I've tried 4-AcO-DiPT. I wasn't impressed by 4-AcO-DiPT, am quite sceptical that 4-HO-DiPT would differ so much as to warrant an experience with it. The same goes for 4-HO-MET, which I've tried, and 4-AcO-MET, which I think I haven't tried. I'm a bit unsure about that.

I'm more talking about the subjective and qualitative differences in experiences than advanced chemistry, as I'm not too familiar with chemistry. Only the basics. Can something general be said about the differences between AcO and HO 4-substituted tryptamines?

Sorry, lots of questions, hopefully someones bored and have extra time to answer ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.