• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids/Gabapentin Combo

elstongunn39

Bluelighter
Is it safe to combine opioids and gabapentin? On drug interactions sites I found a "moderate" interaction, but I don't really know how to apply that to dosing. Honestly I'm less interested in mixing them and more interested in knowing if it's safe to take my normal nighttime dose of gabapentin after the opioid mostly wears off. If it's not safe, how long/how many half-lives need to be left between these two drugs?

Yes it is safe. They will synergize/potentiate each other, so although it's not likely it is possible to overdue it and panic yourself or even die; although this combo is much safer than many others so the risk is pretty low. General rule is take a little less than your regular dose of the opioids and a little less than a dose of gabapentin/1 dose. From there guage yourself and be safe

I should add there are a few opioids that have lead to death mixed with gabapentin and these are methadone and tramadol and loperamide has the possibility also...Although very rare it has happened