• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Drunk last night, 30mg codeine hangover cure

Psychedalienation

Bluelighter
Did 5 tylonol 3's (30mg codeine, 300mg apap) yesterday at 8:48am. Got drunk as hell on vodka at 9:30-11:59pm.

Im hungover and ive found 1 single 30mg/300mg codeine/apap pill. I will probably barely feel it but can i safely take that much apap considering what ive taken recently? I drink roughly every day and am working on quitting it.

Last edited:
You shouldn't be taking any APAP while drinking in this manner. It's extremely harmful to the liver. Both substances are hepatoxic in their own right, but together, they produce a harmful syngergy. I wouldn't take any more APAP until your hangover is gone and you've recovered. If you intend to continue using combination Codeine/NSAID products, you should familiarize yourself with a Cold Water Extraction.

A Cold Water Extraction is a very simple process which takes advantage of Codeine's (and most other Opioids) high solubility in cold water and in turn, APAP's lack of solubility. The process should take 15 minutes. If you extract all of your pills, you don't have to worry about toxicity from the combination. This is all going under the assumption that you're not going to exceed ~150mg Codeine in a sitting. Combining Opioids with Alcohol can kill pretty easily if you're not careful.

We're in agreement. Nobody's trying to imply that a dose of Acetaminophen will cause OP to drop dead, but a stern disclaimer was warranted regarding the practice, as it is, if not acutely toxic, very unhealthy to the liver. In my opinion, it's information that's worth stating repeatedly, as there's still an apparently large segment of recreational users who are unaware of just how bad this practice can be for you.

There are people who don't even consume Alcohol who come down with liver disease just from consuming too many Opioid/NSAID products. Given that this is totally and easily preventable, it's just a good idea to reiterate whenever possible.

Do you have a death wish? Drinking a lot of alcohol while on opiates is an extremely easy way to overdose and die. Heck, even taking a lot of APAP daily and drinking is not good for you. Stay safe. Look into a rehab/detox before it's too late. Good luck.

Codeine and more alcohol are not going to help cure your hangover. Drink water, take a hot shower, and eat some food and rest.

Well for anyone who replied to this thread, I ended up having INTENSE pains in my organs and considered calling 9-1-1. Resulted in buying N-acetyl-cysteine, and fucking off from the idea of ever consuming 1800mg APAP and a half bottle of vodka within 24 hours of each other.

^bump for HR, don't be me.

oooft, sounds horrible man
although i wouldn't have guessed that apap and drink in that amount would cause you pain. thanks for sharing i'll avoid in the future

fuck u burritojimmy

well it usually wouldn't, but I had been an alcoholic at the time and since the year before, resulting in a weak liver that couldn't handle all that poison processing.

fuck u burritojimmy

ah now i see, well glad you're okay now man.

and yh fuck u bj

Im sorry to hurt your sensitive feelings. You all should have a group hug and circle jerk as therapy.

Im sorry to hurt your sensitive feelings. You all should have a group hug and circle jerk as therapy.

This is a harm reduction forum, not fucking Reddit. I did something dumb but I was letting the community know to try and help others who may be as naive as I was. You've come to the wrong place if you think nearly dying to a codeine/alcohol/apap dose is funny.