Today's Dance/ POP and music in Gereral just sucks!

Markomarkh

Bluelighter
What you think of today's dance music in general main stream radios? All of it just bloody sucks, no wonder this country is not a happy one! They seriously got to correct the way music is going these days! Why are people rejecting MP3 and modern portable music play and going back to vinyl is because MP3 sucks, nothing like raw vinyl! I was listening to a bit of Btraits on radio 1 last night which is supposed to be underground dance music but it was so alien and just bland has hell! A lot of DJs these days play this bland nonsense! Am I ment to be high on the latest research chemical to appreciate it? Think the music heads of the UK should start a movement to Make MUSIC GREAt again!

I think the exact same thing that I did when you posted pretty much an exact paraphrase of this thread which I replied to about two months ago. To re-summarise:

• Taste in music is subjective
  • The radio is shit and always has been, so I don't listen to it
  • Pop music is shit so I don't listen to that
  • There can be no movement to reclaim dance music, because we each have our own individual tastes which do not necessarily tally with yours
  • There is no point in complaining about music being shit. If you want to change it, then create the music you love

Oh and I personally prefer a flac/wav over vinyl any day, as do many people. I prefer my music to sound exactly as the producer intended, and I personally value the cleanliness and lack of crackles and pops over any supposed warmth offered by the vinyl. Again though, that's subjective.

Oh the days of the 90s when everything was United! Everything too individualistic now! But how do you explain the come back of vinyl?

Everything too individualistic now!

What makes you think this?

But how do you explain the come back of vinyl?

Vinyl will never come back en-mass because we are heading deep into a digital era (with everything; tis the future). Vinyl only really holds value for the odd enthusiast, which are quite rare, and it's generally a nostalgic value.

There may have been a rise in vinyl sales last year, but realistically it's still a long gone medium. I know a few people with old vinyl collections, but fewer still who actually actively collect new vinyl releases; and they are generally underground house/techno heads. The majority of electronic music sub-genres don't even do vinyl releases any more. It's a niche because it's cumbersome and less convenient than digital. I'm not slating vinyl; these are just the raw facts.

Do you listen to vinyl at home?

My dad still has his old vinyl player and play my old prodigy records and Jean Michel jarre but I do make my own tunes on a digital device like my Apple Mac. I do feel a lot of stuff in dance music has all been done, but what else new can be done, seems like there hasn't been a new propa genre for the last 15 years. What defines the 2010s?

My dad still has his old vinyl player and play my old prodigy records and Jean Michel jarre but I do make my own tunes on a digital device like my Apple Mac. I do feel a lot of stuff in dance music has all been done, but what else new can be done, seems like there hasn't been a new propa genre for the last 15 years. What defines the 2010s?

Electronic music, in general, sounds completely different to what it did in the 90's/early 2000's, and there have been a load of new genres. It's doing new stuff all the time. If it wasn't, then wouldn't you be happy given that you seem to want stuff to sound like it did "in the olden days"?

Loads of new genres like what? The latest pigeon hole sub genre? I must be getting old or something because everything I've heard recently has no appeal. My mate was at a disco one time, when they had some boring modern house tune on the dance floor was empty as soon as the started playing 70s queen the dance floor filled! As everyone remembers these tunes but I doubt there will be anything modern house wise really remembered! Think it's true but he is an old bugger too. Lol.

Loads of new genres like what? The latest pigeon hole sub genre? I must be getting old or something because everything I've heard recently has no appeal.

Well aren't you effectively asking me to provide a list of pigeon holed genres/sub genres?

Genres and sub genres change and become recycled. Step too far out of the boundaries of electronic dance music and it probably isn't really going to be dance music it, or it will just be labelled as some kind of weird electronica. Things stay within the remit of the basic genres but they completely evolve, and can often be identified by the sound and the feelings that they evoke, rather than the label that is applied.

It sounds to me like you've heard new electronic music (i.e radio 1 last night which you said sounded 'alien'), you just don't like it. Listen to modern glitch hop, psy breaks, dubstep, etc etc etc and I will guarantee that it sounds completely different to what was produced in the 90's and actually sounds, or recently sounded, really quite fresh.

My mate was at a disco one time, when they had some boring modern house tune on the dance floor was empty as soon as the started playing 70s queen the dance floor filled! As everyone remembers these tunes but I doubt there will be anything modern house wise really remembered! Think it's true but he is an old bugger too. Lol.

A disco playing queen classics? Makes it sound more like it was a grannies golden wedding anniversary complete with buntings and Timmy Mallet on the decks?

Seriously though, that point is moot on the simple grounds that there are modern house tunes which absolutely destroy clubs, which I've seen with my own eyes.

When was the last time you went to a club? :)

Lol that is funny Timmy mallet on the decks! It probably was a wedding of some sort but all ages were there. The last time I went to club was in early 2000s, pretty much sheltered life after that due to mental health problems but still listened to music on the net but none of it really appealed to me that was mainstream I just stuck to my oldskool rave classics. Also what are these modern house tunes that destroy clubs? Name me some artist examples?

Lol that is funny Timmy mallet on the decks!

I must admit I did chuckle at my own joke.

I just happened to be watching this before, it's Dixon rinsing Fabric with house, looks to me like the place is in bits. Can just imagine everybody losing it at 1.15.

I'm going to see Sasha there in March, so I'd imagine that the place will get destroyed just like last time I saw him there and every other time I've ever seen him.

Seen this do the damage in a house club.

And this:

Kameleon - Confetti (Matt Tolfrey & Sam Russo Remix)

I'm not even really that into house, but it obviously definitely still has the capability to rinse a club. And it means just as much to the people experiencing it now as it did to you.

Last edited:
I dunno man some of the custom modular rack stuff that people have is just drool worthy. The sounds man! Holeee sheeee...%)

i feel like i am taking crazy pills...

madonna - rebel heart
britney spears - glory
ariana grande - dangerous woman

there is some amazing pop music being released today. am i crazy to say grimes is putting out real dope pop tunes as well ? and yes justin bieber got some good songs as well.

i really look up to this dude and his work https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BloodPop

i know it's kinda dumb to argue about music... i just wanna share my love of pop music tbh LOL.

/me bumps side to side.

on the production tip, i find it the most interesting to listen to. just being real.

notice the edm vibes on this shit. like where else you gonna get something so lit with edm/pop/trap/hippity hop with a dope verse from chance. this is amazing music.

It's getting worse, like uk charts is retarded, tracks all sound the same, dominated by ed Sheeran , he's the most boring ginger twat I've come across! Tv sucks, internet sucks, music sucks, video games suck, what is there to enjoy anymore? You wonder why I'm depressed!

You wonder why I'm depressed!

Because you're getting all hung up on this shit. I don't remotely listen to the UK charts or follow them whatsoever so I know absolutely fuck all about Ed sheeran or any of his cronies.

I understand your point... but I've already opted out; I don't listen to the radio, I don't follow the charts, I don't watch television, I very rarely read the newspapers other than to keep a vague eye on what's going on (through independent sources).

I'm a fucking human being with the world at my feet so I do things like indulging in the forefront of the human experience. I take psychedelics and dance to psychedelic trance, I smoke changa and DMT. I eat heatlhy food and try to better my self so that I can try to help to make a better world, for myself, and then others.

Yes, it's fucking hard work and a real struggle. But if you give in, you're fucked. That's life.

Your own apathy is eating you away. Most of us have been/are there.

Your choice.