• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

?? ? THE SOCIAL CLUB v. Come Say Hi! ? ??

^ goddamn i bloody love them Aussies sometimes (ツ

Yar :)

It the joke "what eats, roots and leaves?" (Wombat) a joke from Oz or New Zealand?

I also love the slang "rooting" :)

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry to come back to this, but i just saw it online (from a court ruling today i believe) and thought it was hilarious.

DIhJMXmUIAAM-RO.jpg

fwiw Tony Abbott is most definitely a cunt, but not in a charming way. he's a dickhead.

Hasn't he quit yet? It's high time he went for a little swim in the sea like a predecessor, if you know what I mean.

^ he should definitely take his revolting budgie smugglers and do a harold holt
;)

(does anyone not know what "budgie smugglers" are?)

It the joke "what eats, roots and leaves?" (Wombat) a joke from Oz or New Zealand?

Wombats are from Australia :)

i went on quite a few trips to Wombat State Forest a couple of months ago to forage for mushrooms and hike through the forest and around the creeks. it's really beautiful, and there are heaps of wombats there.
i didn't see any, but they live in these distinctive burrows that are sometimes fucking massive, so their presence is pretty conspicuous when you're out picking.

i once found a whole bunch of mushrooms sticking out of the entrance to a burrow (kinda like a rabbit hole, but big enough for a fat arsed wombat to fit down) and i had to kinda reach into the hole to grab them.
i freaked me out a little bit because there have been instances of them attacking people, and i've never seen a wombat in the wild - they don't have them around where i grew up.
no koalas where i grew up either, but i think they live in wombat forest as well. it's a pretty magic place. it's been snowing up there recently which is another thing that doesn't happen where i grew up. it's the first winter i've spent on the south east coast of australia, and it's nice.
i mean - i like the cold. my hometown gets a month or two of winter, then just starts getting hot again, and it's kinda like summer for about 5 months of the year, if not more. i used to have to go a pretty long way to pick mushies back there (like a 2.5 hour drive i think) but they grow all over the place here.
little potent wood-loving mushrooms, psilocybe subaeruginosa. psilocybe cubensis grow in the north of australia where it's subtropical
some people love the heat, but i'm enjoying the cold.

but yeah, we were picking until the sun went down each time we went picking, and not being familiar with wombats, i wasn't sure if it was safe to be scrounging around in the undergrowth looking for mushrooms around dusk.
they're nocturnal, so they wake up around then, and i didn't know if the stories about how fast they are were true - or if they really are aggressive.

i suspect, like most australlian animals, they're scared of people, and timid - but if you corner them or piss them off, they'll rip your eyes out.
or disembowel you, like kangaroos can with their hind feet (i'm not exaggerating - when male kangaroos fight, they lean back on their tails and kick. if they do it to a person, the claws on their hind feet can really fuck you up.

koalas look cuddly, but they're not. they're kinda bitey and spitty.

but, anyway - i think wombats eat magic mushrooms (as well as roots and leaves). many a time i found big wombat turds in the middle of patches of "blue meanies". they have really distinctive droppings - they're kinda square, or cube - shaped.
very weird but beautiful animals.

Last edited:
Koalas I know are mean little beasts. Thank you for the info, that sounds so incredibly beautiful (I too love the cold, it's like my body was built for it). I look forward to the day :)

It's freezing here today, not good for opiate withdrawal. I want to be free by autumn so that I can get outside and enjoy myself, and well have a life in general, which means I have no more chances. I fucked around with those fucking oxy's and I feel like it ruined everything I had going for me after quitting heroin, in a week. My doses were way higher than I thought, I was wrecked, since my tolerance was very low to something I used to not be able to feel several pills of. I was having a great time when I was clean and enjoying the summer. It's just the 3rd day so I know it is the opiates fucking with me and doing everything to get me to use them. I find if I come up with a plan to keep my stash away from me (like a safe or whatever, things will be valuable antiques one day) then my body will produce irritable withdrawal symptoms to try and distract me. I'm going fucking crazy, the normal threads I post in here seem to be dead these days. Wishing you all well.

^i used to hate kicking - or being a little bit dopesick - when it was cold. the chills would really cut through me, and i'd always be confused about where the withdrawals ended, and where being cold began.

stick with it though man, it's fucking rough, but i'm sure you can get through this. if you were enjoying clean life, try to do what you can to connect with and reinforce that idea <3

Koalas I know are mean little beasts. Thank you for the info, that sounds so incredibly beautiful (I too love the cold, it's like my body was built for it). I look forward to the day :)

yeah, my body's definitely built for the cold. my heritage is norwegian, so i don't handle the australian desert heat too well.

Last edited:
For me I think it's my Polish roots :)

It's freezing here today, not good for opiate withdrawal. I want to be free by autumn so that I can get outside and enjoy myself, and well have a life in general, which means I have no more chances. I fucked around with those fucking oxy's and I feel like it ruined everything I had going for me after quitting heroin, in a week. My doses were way higher than I thought, I was wrecked, since my tolerance was very low to something I used to not be able to feel several pills of. I was having a great time when I was clean and enjoying the summer. It's just the 3rd day so I know it is the opiates fucking with me and doing everything to get me to use them. I find if I come up with a plan to keep my stash away from me (like a safe or whatever, things will be valuable antiques one day) then my body will produce irritable withdrawal symptoms to try and distract me. I'm going fucking crazy, the normal threads I post in here seem to be dead these days. Wishing you all well.

That is so difficult. The good news is that you have far from ruined everything, although I doubt that is much of a conciliation of any kind.

Have you ever tried ORT or some kind of replacement/maintenance style substance for the opioid cravings Shroomy?

^ he should definitely take his revolting budgie smugglers and do a harold holt
;)

The imagery of this would be enough to repulse anyone from anything lol. They could use it for drug aversion therapy =D

This reminds me, guess which nauseating bell-end I bumped into recently guffawing with the nauseating overpaid ex-UCL provost/NHS privatiser Malcolm Grant? None other than Alexander Downer. They all move in the same little circles these illiberal cronies...

Have you ever tried ORT or some kind of replacement/maintenance style substance for the opioid cravings Shroomy?

such as a rapid sub taper perhaps? i think we spoke about this before and you were hesitant, but its a real lifesaver.

The lifesaver for me was in patient phenobarbital based regimen detox. Depending on the dependency it might not be bad at all. I have heard for others it sucked the third and fourth day. Really it was pretty much over by then for me. Can't say I'm not hitting bumps being in pain, but still.... Better than cold turkey.

not quite! the exam board messed up and gave me the wrong dates for hand-in.
initially they said it had to be in by the end of August, but when i went in for my usual mentor meeting they informed me that i actually had until the end of this year! so, naturally, being given all this extra time, i am now slacking off again. although tbf to myself i only have 3k words left to do and i have like 3 months to do so in
༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽ life is strange

how are you jekyl mate? keeping well?

Hurry, Hurry, Hurry...... Never mind, Take your Time.. Exam boards rule! At least you have plenty of time to polish it up.

I'm currently drying out from the usual suspects, oxy and friends, but no H. I don't have it quite as rough as Shroomy but I still find myself snapping at people on occasion.

I've been surprised by how the NMDAr antagonists have helped but also want to try Ultra Low Dose Naltrexone to fix the MOR G protein coupling problem, Adenylyl cyclase and all that jazz.

This helps too, immensely. I'm stealing this from the Aussies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUN-_oHH-aM

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
I found long term mxe, ketamine, and especially methadone affected my mood and emotional state in a way that made me emotionally unstable, gave me mood swings, and just made me snap at people. I think Nmda antagonism was the culprit as that was the only correlating commonality. Methadone I can't even use once, but intermittent ketamine use was fine.

Edit: I'm not going to argue against a rapid sub taper, which also can be done in patient. The environment you quit and doing it on your own vs having people there whose job it is to help makes a huge difference. I just keep bringing up the phenobarbital regimen detox as after 5 times on and off trying pretty much every method it was literally without withdrawal symptoms to extremes. It's not like it's a walk in the park any method, but it works damn well. By day 3-4 I felt better. I have used pst for a week at no more than 30 mg worth at nighttime the first week where I am on my third week. I don't feel dependent, but sleep and getting up in the morning is an issue still. Better than waking up and needing a shot prepped though...

Last edited:
Man I'm good to keep clean without ORT. I slipped because I had a pharmacy script for oxy's and the withdrawal from percs has paled in comparison to my heroin withdrawal wherein I was shitting myself, puking and dry heaving, tossing and turning like the exorcist, for a solid 2 weeks. It fucked me and the physical pain was extreme all over my body especially my upper arms and back/spine area. Was bedridden for a really long time.

Then I was clean and life was amazing. I've been with a lovely girl during this time which is really nice. I relapsed though and with percs it is a lot more psychological. I find myself fiending for heroin but that's probably since I haven't used it in two months now and I would fucking die for a line.

If relapses continue I'd definitely consider subs like I've been recommended. It's just a hassle to get them really or I'd be doing a rapid sub taper now. The problem is that heroin withdrawal took every ounce of my strength. I'm gaunt now, really lost a lot of weight. And now, it's like I'm doing it all over again. I still can't eat, I'm depressed to the point of suicidal ideation (good to be around someone, I'm being careful cause thinking about shooting myself up with a lethal dose just isn't cool), doing too many benzos, smoking ounces of chronic. I'm going insane man but I will never give up this time. My spirit is weak but I know that I will bounce back just like last time when I had a way heavier habit. I was just recently taking 20mg ir oxy to get high, I wouldn't have felt 4 times that when I was doing heroin. I definitely haven't hit my bottom, really trying to avoid that. Thanks for the responses, peace!

For me I think it's my Polish roots :)

That is so difficult. The good news is that you have far from ruined everything, although I doubt that is much of a conciliation of any kind.

Hurry, Hurry, Hurry...... Never mind, Take your Time.. Exam boards rule! At least you have plenty of time to polish it up.

I'm currently drying out from the usual suspects, oxy and friends, but no H. I don't have it quite as rough as Shroomy but I still find myself snapping at people on occasion.

I've been surprised by how the NMDAr antagonists have helped but also want to try Ultra Low Dose Naltrexone to fix the MOR G protein coupling problem, Adenylyl cyclase and all that jazz.

This helps too, immensely. I'm stealing this from the Aussies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUN-_oHH-aM

hqdefault.jpg

i find i tend to better work when i'm relaxed so rn i am chillin' like a villain (ツaha
༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽ and also on a big ol' comedown - currently hoping David Duchovny can guide me thru to greener pastures.
californication is pretty siqqq
ahh well good luck mate, i've done the reverse and gone back to the H harddd so gonna have to kick soon, but i've done it so many times i've basically got it down to a T
which is not something to be proud about
.. but, yeah.
ahh i have done my own research on ULDN, but more for potentiation rather than whatever a protein coupling problem is ahahhahha
which isss what by the way? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mad for BIg Lez ya fuckin droogaddict

Yeah having skill at withdrawing is something I never thought I'd acquire but c'est la vie. Californication is great, I just have season 7 to finish, been saving it till after the Mother of Dragons and the King in the North hooked up.

The problem with being exposed to opioids all the time is the shift from inhibitory to excitory in the role of the MOR and further downstream effects. Basically trying to shift bimodal effects from excitory Gs to inhibitory Gi/Go coupled proteins. The ULD-N seems to not only potentiate but bring back the nod and antinociception similar to when I began all this crap and ultimately improving overall efficacy. I suppose I'm fairly facile in intellect regarding the neuroscience but I'm still determined to try. :\

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8947924
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7479836

So how have I been unaware of Big Lez and Sasie for the last few years, that shit is great.

"Fahwk, that last joint got me Sasie. Yeah i put some dusties in it." "Try this mate, it's called yoweed, grown by the yowies" " Fawhkin Puuussie!"

Really, so that is it guys? Chronic relapsing right. Living the good life; living it up. Feeling like bedridden shit at least half your life and fighting a war to feel half as good as you used to feel just normally the other 48% of the time, and oh right: the 2% where everything in life is perfect and I am the ideal version of myself from any newfound perspective I choose to take. I took an excellent wager in making my way to that 2% which used to be 100%.

Of course I'm just bullshitting myself. If I get noticeably high off a percocet now, heroin would probably kill me because I'm used to racking up pretty decent lines of that Afghan #4, good shit good shit right there and yeah just death right there with all the fentanyl going around, parents burying their offspring, which I would consider a potential government conspiracy centred around population control if it were not for fellow fiends who I know and know love fiend the stuff. I'd better start reading the Tibetan Book of the Dead and train myself to endure the intermediate states of reality and wind up living another favourable existence such as a drug fiend with chronic pain and panic attacks like this productive spirit. I left off with something about peaceful and wrathful deities which I could relate to through being a drug fiend seeking peace of mind, enlivening of spirit. Gave up on Nirvana ages ago but another favourable existence would be sweet, maybe on some alien planet 3 billion lightyears away as seen through the Hubble space telescope. A waste of firey energy floating around in spacetime, too much theory and too little practice. I know something else is seeing the world through my eyes and that trips me out a lot sometimes.

I must admit sex is worth getting over heroin for, alone. Despite all the other problems it causes, such as painful bowel movements, I have to choose between one or the other because even if I take a few percs one day, I will lose my drive for her by the end of the day. It is honestly shit and it affects us both and when I relapsed that week it wasn't a good week for either of us. I hope to avoid further hurting others for the sake of my drug habits which are no longer constructive on any sort of level. 15 years of abuse, wow. Just wow. It's nice when my pupils are pinned but when they are dilated like now in withdrawal and things seem distant, blurry, hazy, I feel like I am stagnating from past choices that were made years ago. If that is a manifestation of denial then let it be so.

And that includes my lungs. I've fucked them up smoking a shit ton of bong, and my girl as well is having the same issues. We are just smoking way too much weed and yeah I feel my lungs burning a bit so I actually got angry at my bong and threw 30 grams of pretty decent nugs into rolling water and coconut butter, after spending about an hour with my space case to grind that dope up. I forgot that I get angry, irritable, and sleepless without weed and should have saved some to smoke but I was so pissed off about my lungs. Ended up sleeping for one hour last night daydreaming internally of dank nugs to rip in a freshly cleaned bong perhaps with an ice catcher, but I am highly stoned at the moment. Perhaps it is the 11-hydroxy-THC metabolized by my likely half functioning liver that is doing the trick and making me giggle to myself, zone out, and generally get highschool stoned. I think I didn't wait long enough before eating more than two grams worth of this nicely low temp decarboxylated herb. Already so happy I switched my stash to edible status. I don't bother making anything just drop the coconut butter in a cup of matcha! I think edibles are good for suicidal-ideation type opiate withdrawals.

I am very tempted by dilaudid at the moment. I could easily just totally relapse.

Last edited: