• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

?? ? THE SOCIAL CLUB v. Come Say Hi! ? ??

^ that's a great question I haven't thought about and I think there's not much if any literature about it

I guess it depends on how much withdrawal contributes to the hangover, but imo normally withdrawal doesn't play a huge role. Imo dehydration, oxidative stress, vitamine and mineral loss, acetaldehyde etc play a bigger role. But increased glutamate could play an important role too and that could be connected to kindling.

Interestingly some of my friends around my age (21) don't get a hangover at all even though they too started drinking at around 15 (in germany you can buy beer and wine with 16 and hard liquor with 18)

Anyone tried dihydromyricetin?

Anyone else here maintain a regular exercise regimen, along with a drug habit / addiction?

Personally, I love training/practicing Muay Thai, but due to financial constraints I'm limited to a less-expensive gym membership where I do cardio and some resistance training.
I find myself smoking weed before I train, especially if the day is a cardio-centered day: I feel (or tell myself) that marijuana helps me get "into" the otherwise monotonous workout of running on a treadmill / riding a stationary bike. Plus I get really into my music, lol. I don't necessarily feel like it has a negative impact on my breathing/stamina, but maybe I am naive?

I use to use opiates before workouts - because I was addicted to opiates, not because I thought it did anything for my workout. However, it did seem to bring a degree of numbness that allowed me to push a little harder when it came to heavy lifting... But energy also wore-off much quicker, and by the end of the week I would just stop exercising because the addiction becomes all-time consuming... No time for exercise when I'm living in full blown junky-mode.

Currently, I've been taking 0.5mg of alprazolam (Xanax) about an hour before my workout. I don't really struggle with panic-attacks, just mild social anxiety that would be better treated with therapy / behavioral techniques (rather than benzos), but a few weeks after quitting heroin I uncovered a large amount of xanax for a tempting price, and made the plunge. It's now been a little overr 2.5 months of daily alprazolam use. I wanted to be careful, so the last week I have been weaning down, and I now take 1mg/day split between two 0.5mg doses. It'll be time to drop my dose to 0.5mg/day in the coming days. I'm not sure if I even would have serious withdrawals after 2 months of daily use average dose was anywhere from 1 - 3 mg / day); but benzo withdrawal can be so dangerous so I planned a two-week taper, that culminates with low doses of valium, and finally magnesium"

I've found that taking the benzo + smoking a small amount of marijuana before a workout does help me get "into the zone," but after an hour and a half energy levels are definitely depleted; where as working out sober, I could train hard for a solid 2..5 hours.

To be clear: I am NOT suggesting or recommending anyone do what I've described: it is essentially a "speed-ball," where the benzo or opiate act as the the downer/depressant, and the exercise is the stimulant (not to mention that pre-workout drink brimming with caffeine)!

Anyone else have experience / input surrounding the use of non-traditionl drugs (i.e. NOT steroids) while completing a workout?

Glad to see this place back.

Now maybe CD won't have to pick up your slack (i kid i kid, but no not really)

I wish I could take phenibut for the first time again

Interesting, I've been taking phenibut every third day to every other day and sometimes 2-3 days in a row here and there on and off for 10 years, and I still get the same effects. Been about 2 years of steady use this time. Makes me feel wonderful every single time. Shit's pretty amazing, you really have to nail your dose down though. It's easy to take too little and get basically nothing, and easy to take too much and feel shitty. I wrote a guide about it in trip reports: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...prehensive-Long-Term-Synopsis-and-Usage-Guide

What's up OD ouchebags I'm fresh back from the sub doctor and boy did I miss IV bupe!!!!

Just a friendly reminder that this is borderline glorifying IV drug use.

See previous example of what you should not post in OD Social: "SWIM can’t wait to slam this fire I picked up today"

Do y'all believe it's possible to go your whole life using opioids on/off and never become so addicted that it causes you problems in life? Is it inherently a trap or can you once in a while get noddy and blissful and be okay?

Do y'all believe it's possible to go your whole life using opioids on/off and never become so addicted that it causes you problems in life? Is it inherently a trap or can you once in a while get noddy and blissful and be okay?

IMO it's a trap for most people but some can get away with it. I know a couple people IRL that don't even like opioids. In general, I think the more you enjoy something, the more likely you are to be consumed by it

If you can maintain a regular supply, yeah, you can go on for very long periods using opioid drugs every day and not have many problems. My father is like that. He's been a long term chronic pain patient for a very long time (multiple intensive surgeries) and he takes oxycodone on a regular basis (daily basis for years). I don't think it's really impacted his life that much. And the thing about narcotic painkillers is, there's a level you take in order to treat pain, and then there's the NEXT level you can take, the level that leads to Nodsville Tennessee..."ah what the hell, I'll take a few more of these tablets than I normally do! I deserve it!" ;) I guess you risk a script gap when you do that though. That's what I love about opioids, though, is that they are a practical drug that have helped so many people worldwide at one point or another, but they can also be used recreationally, which can lead to problems...

I've often been of the opinion that supply is really the key issue of whether or not a pattern of drug use is sustainable, though. Not all problems...you could have a steady supply of crystal meth to do every day and still run into problems. LOL. But opioids...definitely. You can remain functional on them quite easily, until they become your new normalcy...that's the problem...

I wish I could have the "take it or leave it" attitude towards opiates, but im not wired that way.

Trying to kick heroin again, and it is going pretty well this time. Sniffed it every day for several years as I can't focus without it, gave me energy, and I have chronic back pain. I'm going on vacation soon and that is a huge motivation for me, since I like to travel and who wants to travel with dope. That is an out-of-control risk in my opinion. Wish I had more time before I leave but the universe tends to unfold as it should.

Trying to kick heroin again, and it is going pretty well this time. Sniffed it every day for several years as I can't focus without it, gave me energy, and I have chronic back pain. I'm going on vacation soon and that is a huge motivation for me, since I like to travel and who wants to travel with dope. That is an out-of-control risk in my opinion. Wish I had more time before I leave but the universe tends to unfold as it should.

Have fun! I've gone on a bunch of vacations since I got clean. %)

Thanks man. I'm sure I will! Ever since I got hooked, I haven't left the country.

I worry about being worn out from these withdrawals, but I worry chronically. I haven't slept tonight though and it is 430 and I didn't sleep last night either.

Got about a week to get my shit together as best I can. I should just embrace this insomnia, it will pass. Nowhere near my first attempt.

I hope I'm welcome here since I'm a noobish greenlighter.

I'm decent today, mainly because I got my pharmacist to partial fill my gabapentin early because I take way more than I'm supposed to at a time. I guess I could try to convince my doctor that 2400mg 4x/day is exactly what's needed to cure my nerve pain but I doubt it'd fly, not to mention how I'd have to explain that I discovered this.

I mean, it does help. It, along with 150mg of tramadol, keeps my pain levels at a very manageable 3-4 for almost five hours. Doctors hate to hear that you've been tinkering with your own drug dosages, though, so I just have to run short every month and be sure that I pee trams monthly (I'm drug screened every month for my tramadol).

As a pain patient who also enjoys the recreational aspects of certain pharms, I know I walk a fine line. Before I met my current NP I suffered heavily from pseudoaddiction due to untreated pain. I went to the ER twice a week, I saw several doctors who blew me off and so I got desperate to control my pain, doing stupid things to get relief. Now that I'm being mostly adequately treated I don't do it anymore.

So today I'm actually good, in a decent mood but a bit tired.

Of course you're welcome here!
Happy to have you, welcome to bluelight :)

Thanks! I'm a looooong time lurker (think...since like 2013) who only now made an account. There is a LOT of very useful information on-site and I've learned a lot here.

My sister is an IVDU and I was able to inform her of safer injection practices that I learned here, so BL may have helped her stay healthier despite her decision to inject methamphetamine. I dont judge her for this, I just don't want to see her sick or OD'd.

That's great to hear. I was the same actually - lurked for years before i ever registered an account.
It's always great to know that bluelight helps make a difference in people's lives (besides our own).
That's what harm minimisation is all about :)

So I shit my boxers last night, never had done that in withdrawal before. Pretty low moment. I barely had the energy to get up and clean and shower. Not quite there yet.

I didn't sleep either and I think I'm going crazy. Saw a shadow person in the corner of my eye, and felt like I was being watched. I feel like I am on the verge of having a heart attack... at least I am blessed enough to have benzos.

Puked this morning as well. But in a little while I'll be chilling on the beach vacationing. Quite the dichotomy. I need to meditate on that vivid beach imagery, gtfo ice and snow.