• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

?? ? THE SOCIAL CLUB v. Come Say Hi! ? ??

hi all,

long time lurker which has now decided to become an active user.

I have been addicted to oxycodone for 1.5 years, luckily I live in an extremely supportive country for addiction treatment. I get prescribed 400mg ER (24hr) PO morphine and then 300mg Oxycodone IR PO on weekends (both per day, one as a replacement for the other - not in combination).... boy do I love weekends (i know the doses aren't equivalent). I had to gain a lot of trust with my addiction doctor to get there but I am glad I did. Being honest goes a long way when the system actually works.

anyways, hope to get involved more frequently, always loved this place for the quality of information.

Last edited:
Damn those are some high doses... Good luck

i should have been clear. those are per day, not per dose. I have edited my original post now.

And we have done well so far, I started on 580mg ER Morphine (once we worked our way up to find my "baseline" starting dose) and will be down to 380mg next week. This is in the space of around 8 months - they do it slow and steady here but it works. Oxy only came back into my regimen around 3 months ago which we started at 360mg.

[
hi all,

long time lurker which has now decided to become an active user.

I have been addicted to oxycodone for 1.5 years, luckily I live in an extremely supportive country for addiction treatment. I get prescribed 400mg ER (24hr) PO morphine and then 300mg Oxycodone IR PO on weekends (both per day, one as a replacement for the other - not in combination).... boy do I love weekends (i know the doses aren't equivalent). I had to gain a lot of trust with my addiction doctor to get there but I am glad I did. Being honest goes a long way when the system actually works.

anyways, hope to get involved more frequently, always loved this place for the quality of information.

Sorry, why on earth had your doctor changed to oxy only "on weekends"?

From a clinical perspective it makes zero sense to use an entirely different drug for 2 days out if 7.... I mean, it's not even at the correct conversion rate between morphine and oxy...

That's really strange

Still divide dude by two and by four or six... Still high. 60 mg om IV and 120 mg oc via ER oral was my highest and that was too high

[

Sorry, why on earth had your doctor changed to oxy only "on weekends"?

From a clinical perspective it makes zero sense to use an entirely different drug for 2 days out if 7.... I mean, it's not even at the correct conversion rate between morphine and oxy...

That's really strange

as I mentioned, In my country we have a lax and supportive approach to opiate maintenance.

I was put on the ER morphine as per 90% of other patients however I relapsed with oxycodone maybe 3-4 months into the program* as I no longer got a rush or any desirable feeling from the morphine.

I specifically asked that on non work days, where my mind is more idle, that I could be switched to oxycodone. I work long weeks at what most would consider a stressful job and my mind rarely switches to needing any sort of rush during the week, rarely anything else but work actually... I was pretty sure I was going to relapse again and if I was going to be taking anything I wanted it to be under the supervision of the program. Otherwise I could end up rebuilding my tolerance by taking both morphine from the program and oxycodone from illicit channels in tandem on the same days. It also would put me at higher risk of overdosing etc.

He was very supportive, and given the fact that we still have a long road ahead with the taper he wasn't against the idea as we still have plenty of time to address the issue that is me essentially needing some sort of rush when my mind is idle. He had to seek approval from the head doctor and I am essentially a case study, they have some patients entirely on oxycodone (although I think all on Oxycontin formulas) and a ton of patients on ER Morphine - but I believe I am the only one with a combination of both.

It is clear once we get lower with the Morphine doses, which we try to reduce by 20 - 30mg every 2-3 weeks depending on how I feel, that I will have to switch back to solely morphine. We always reduce the oxycodone by 10-20mg in tandem with the morphine decreases. Usually they avoid giving patients opiates/oids with short half life's with the maintenance treatment however due to my great track record with him he was willing to try. We monitored if having the two days of the Oxy (at higher equivalent doses) would cause me to experience mild withdrawals when switching back to the lower dose of morphine during the week - but thankfully it didn't. The oxy dose is higher simply as we ran a trial the first few weekends basis what I would need to get the rush I was seeking without going overboard - when it worked switching back to the morphine, he allowed me to keep it there.

If you wonder how I built his trust. I think I am quite different to most of his patients.... I am nearly 26 and have a job in the finance sector, I come after work and therefore am wearing a full suit and tie each day. I am usually his last appointment of the day and he is often tired, back when he used to prepare my medication for the week in advance he made a mistake 3 times by miscalculating and giving me too much, each time I corrected him on the spot and gave him the extra medication back. I don't think I have ever seen someone so surprised. I am also often the one pushing for the decreases in dose, not him - as I do genuinely want to get off this dependency ASAP, sadly I am just too weak in the mind and still need those weekend rushes. I get the feeling that quite a lot of the patients in the program, and this is a pure assumption - he has never told me this, try and abuse it's laxness and probably try to up their doses by claiming WD symptoms or avoid decreasing.

Hope that cleared it up? I know it is difficult to believe a country can have such supportive systems in place but if you look up Switzerland - they were really one of the leading countries to get heroin addicts off the streets and into the clinics, they even provide synthetic heroin to patients for which methadone/morphine wont work. I am also happy to PM you any of my prescriptions with my name blurred out, I know it is easy to question people on the internet and I want to post here more often - i don't want to be assumed as a liar.

EDIT: what you may believe even less, is that as of approx. one month I just get handed the boxes of morphine and get to refill them as I please, he keeps track of when he has given me the boxes in the system but definitely doesn't do the maths, I assume he would only do it if he thought something didn't add up. The other day I told him I needed a refill of the 120mg and 30mg pills and he assumed I would need the 200mg pills too but I corrected him, I still had enough for the next week. I still meet him every week and get given the box of 30x20mg oxy IR and have a 20-30min chat on how things are going.

*could have been earlier actually, my timeline could be off. I am pretty sure I started the program in March-May last year, I need to find the original documents to give a definite answer on that.

Last edited:
Obie said:
I am nearly 26 and have a job in the finance sector, I come after work and therefore am wearing a full suit and tie each day

Why are you talking opioids then? Isn't your milieu more "hookers 'n blow"?

That's just teasing, btw. Welcome, haven't said hi yet.

HI SCROFULA

Hows it hanging?

Long n loose?

Csn I have a cup of tea and a biscuit please.

*puts feet up on table*

Why are you talking opioids then? Isn't your milieu more "hookers 'n blow"?

That's just teasing, btw. Welcome, haven't said hi yet.

Not surprisingly been there done that. Can't even think of coke anymore without getting anxiety... stayed away completely for over 2 years.

I hate stimulants, the only drugs I can enjoy anymore are opiates. Weed gives me crippling anxiety too these days.

I'm 26... Two years ago I was getting the 5 mg om IR 6x and 30 mg ER oxy dose 2x. Definitely was high as I was iving the opana, but if I wasn't the dose really wasn't that high... I mean 100 mg ER morphine is closer to ≈18 mg methadone (15 mg er morph=2.5 mg done)

When I first took oxycodone, half of a 5mg percocet would get me soaring high... I was already addicted to benzos and not for long, that was so many years ago, but I wouldn't nod back then. I would become too euphoric to even bother trying to describe and more functional in the 'real world' than I've probably ever been.

Hot yoga is awesome, I used to do it a lot before I hurt my back. I am starting to do it daily again, which is shocking to me, that my back can handle it at all. My back pain is nowhere near as bad as I thought it was. I could probably be on my snowboard next season which is an unbelievable thought. I haven't snowboarded since my early 20's because of this injury. I need to get my spine moving again and yeah... stoner yoga is the best. It is yin tonight, the chillest classes and my favourite ones. I am leaving in an hour, and I haven't smoked all day so I am going to get lit as fuck off this phantom og.

It's the only time I really get lit anymore these days. Before I go to the mall to browse around, and before I walk into the yoga studio. Nice .5 joints weighed out and pre rolled. I'm enjoying weed much more this way, than smoking it compulsively. Doing yoga stoned is amazing. Two of the chillest things I know, along with DMT too. DMT reminds me a lot of shavasana in some respects... 5-meo-dmt probably would even more but I have the HCl and I just unfortunately lost my dab rig to an oxycodone nod where I was found slouched over fucked out of my mind for 8 hours. Apparently. I don't remember anything except someone very close to me asking me what the fuck I was THIS high on. Before I slipped back into the abyss.

Funny contrast. Now I'll go through a half gram of oxycodone in a couple of days, without even knowing my tolerance I'll blow through them compulsively. For a while I just wanted to not be sick. Now, I realize that I am very much capable of getting high again, at least once or twice before it ruins me for a few weeks again. Staying away from it long term (months, years) is just as hard as getting off it.

Last edited:
When I started on opies it took 15mg of oxy to get me a decent buzz, I've got a bit of a natural tolerance, and 30 would get me nodding. Glad I quit, it wasn't going to end well.

Glad I'm still trying to stop. Good on you, that you quit. Shits been wearing me out.

Smokin weed is way better when I don't smoke it compulsively but around 3 joints a day instead. Was smokin so much pot I couldn't feel a thing unless I didn't smoke it. I liked to get baked and trip out a bit, reward myself with a cannon not just feel mellowed out all the time. Stoned yoga was great last night, I'm going back tomorrow, and the next day as well so that will make 4 days in a row.

Need to get healthy it has been getting bad.

Weeds never been my thing, don't really like the feeling, dabs are ok, but nowhere near the top of my list. Don't care for all the coughing.

I think he's holed up in the tin foil tweaker fortress so they don't read his thoughts.