Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️

• Total voters

tantric

Bluelighter
love it - question, is the pink floyd thing ongoing? the girl, syd barrett, then in tonight's episode the doc said 'just a little pinprick'. the imagery of the devil and the bighead boy remind me of 'the wall'.

The pilot blew me away. I love this style of vague overlay of dream, reality and memory.

Just finished watching the four episodes out at the moment. The time period seems very ambiguous but there seems to be a consistent 60's and 70's style with some modern stuff too. I did a bit of research and found this from Noah Hawley himself:

“When I wrote the script I assumed it was set in present day and in our world, and I think the network assumed that too. Then when it came time to make it I thought about it more as a fable on some level and I realized I wanted to make something subjective. Which is to say this whole show is not the world, it’s David’s experience of the world.

He’s piecing his world together from nostalgia and memory and the world becomes that. I found myself watching A Clockwork Orange and Quadrophenia and a lot of ’60s British films. Costume wise Clockwork had a specific look to it that I wanted to play with.

I wanted to create a world that had its own rules, and that was about putting you into David’s head and seeing things that are there or aren’t there. You wonder: Who is this guy if everything he’s thought about himself is wrong?”

david really is schizophrenic with multiple personalities, its part of his power, so dont expect everything to be perfectly coherent; plot holes and inconsistencies are by design.

season 2 set to start airing in april. why's it gotta be so far away still?

Man, I can't get enough of this show.. it's eccentric style and artistic form reminds me of the last seasons of Hannibal.

Which is also why I'm worried that it's exceptional cinematography and style will be confused for being pretentious and too abstract which is what happened with Hannibal resulting in the series ending. It's not often you come across a show that experiments to the degree this has, I fucking love it.

Man, I can't get enough of this show.. it's eccentric style and artistic form reminds me of the last seasons of Hannibal.

Which is also why I'm worried that it's exceptional cinematography and style will be confused for being pretentious and too abstract which is what happened with Hannibal resulting in the series ending. It's not often you come across a show that experiments to the degree this has, I fucking love it.

Agreed.

Last week's episode was a prime example of this. Hard to believe that this universe was somehow birthed from a superhero franchise.

Just binged S1, having watched 2-3 episodes when it launched and then I drifted off television in general for awhile. Though S1, I've enjoyed the imagery, but having no real background on the character, I"m often left with wtf questions. s1e5 pivots things a bit in an interesting way. I do like how there are a bunch of different layers for the viewer to make their own assumptions or inferences. But all in all, s1 has been quite enjoyable. The last episode sets up s2, which given the randomness of S1 who knows which way things will go, but it also left me with the sense of looming disappointment compared to s1. Have to say, David is portrayed very well by the actor, and I love watching Lenny throughout her different roles and personas.