• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall abuse

myusernamewastaken

Greenlighter
Soooo I'm freaking out about the negative consequences of adderall. I'm a 24 year old female and I started using adderall towards the tail end of college about two years ago. Sometimes to get through exams, other times to party. It wasn't until I was prescribed that I started using it regularly (I do not believe I have ADHD I just wanted a prescription - I know I'm a shithead). Currently, my prescription is 60 15mg. For the past year and a half, I have been taking between 30-60mg fairly regularly. A few times a month I will take upwards of 75-100mgs in a 24 hour period usually accompanied by alcohol. Fairly frequently, I take 1/2, so about 7-10mgs before I workout - I feel like it allows me to run for longer. I also do coke probably once a month on average.

Recently, I started getting super concerned about my health. I've noticed some fluttering in my heart and occasional quick sharp pain. Whereas adderall used to make me feel talkative and personable, I've felt so weird and nervous recently in social situations and I kind of just want to be me again without any stimulants. I just flushed the remainder of my prescription down the toilet (Something I've been wanting to do for a while) and I'm not planning on going back to get another script. However, I'm nervous about the damage I've done to my body. I've read tons of threads about various consequences, some of which are so minor but one detailed how amphetamines and meth use led to stage 1 heart failure in a 24 year old :( I would REALLY prefer not to go to a doctor but would if I had to. Just hoping for some feedback about the damage to my body/suggestions for restoring my health/personal experiences. Open to answering any questions myself.

Last edited:
You would really need to get checked out to be certain. However, from experience I can say its not too uncommon to feel what you are feeling. It could just be overstimulation taxing but not damaging the heart, panic, hell even GERD, but to know, you would need to consult a physician.

The post above is correct. Get checked out.

As an ex heavy cocaine user I can tell you after going hard for a long period of time and pushing the limits of use anxiety became an issue for me. A couple very near overdoses (in front of the mirror breathing all fucked up screaming at god to let me live) had me going in to full blown panic attacks every night when I laid down. Took several years for me to get my anxiety under control to the point it has zero effect on me now. I could not begin to heal until I got checked out and could begin to trust my heart and body to do its job.

Hope this helps. Uppers are fun but should not be abused. They take a toll on the body but even more so they are a huge mind fuck in the end.

Last edited:
Relax just because my friend needs like a epi pen in everyroom in the house Incase he becomes exposed to Peanutbutter because he could go into shock and die and there are tons of legitimate story online of peanuts causing sudden death. What is more probable some taking amphetamine maybe a little coke once a month might start to get a racing heartbeat as the drugs push your fight or flight response over and over and under amphetamine realively common things cause racing thoughts lead to rumination and that leads to google and that leads to holy*** I am dying.

Happens to me all the time I take 55 mg and I'm a pretty big guy 120 kilos or 250pounds. And right around the peak I start to get dangerous lifethreatening emergines.

For example has no bowel obstruction ima die.
I drink alot of coffee instead of my throat burns from gerd I have toxic encephalitis and metabolic acidosis.

It's zero degree so my hands turn red omg there bust be dangerous germs on themm.

Stop using and taking the Adderall and see a doctor and get checked out, and tell him or her how much Adderall or any other drugs you take. You will not get into legal trouble for doing this.

Thanks for your advice everyone. I spoke to my doctor who gave me an EKG. Looks like I'm in the clear. I definitely plan on avoiding any uppers in the future..

This post in particular was super helpful - thank you. I don't think I realized how much anxiety/withdrawal affected the body until I read this and spoke to my doctor. I already feel better knowing I'm not going to spontaneously have a heart attack at 24. Thanks again