• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Trump might be coming for your weed

He's not coming for mine but the sour faced miserable frumpy leathery old thing running the UK really isn't any better than him. And he better not start influencing our drug laws in any direct way (not that are drug laws aren't the way they are because the US's are the way they are any way, but we still have a bit more leniancy for things like sentencing and punishment for drug related crime these days and the police have a lot of discretionary powers related to certain drugs offences. Officially, 10 grammes of coke still counts as personal in the UK, as does 20 pills, etc etc)

This is nothing more than fear mongering.

Trump isn't going to do shit whether positive or negative when it comes to marijuana. It's the least of his concern.

I suspect Trump's already record low approval rating would drop further.

Then again - maybe not. His supporters don't seem to be swayed by....reality.

Trumps "approval" rating is about as accurate as the medias' polls and predictions of the election..

So far I've heard people who are for "less government" back ideas like the agents of the federation (prefer calling it this now as it adds a sinister big government feel to it) demanding paperwork stating you can be here and now this concept. It really makes you wonder what this whole "less government" platform is about. Did they seriously just mean gun laws when everyone says they want less government? I can tolerate a lot of different types of government and implications but the one thing i do not like is government agents going to individuals demanding information or leads. That is big government, not "you might have to wait longer for your guns"

"Less government" has always really meant less environmental and civil rights driven regulations on businesses. When it comes to "law and order" more, bigger, militarized government is what they advocate.

16996244_1838883786386858_5463334896026562487_n.png

^ That's the guy who hosts WEEDIQUETTE.

"Less government" has always really meant less environmental and civil rights driven regulations on businesses. When it comes to "law and order" more, bigger, militarized government is what they advocate.

Ah see then we differ fundamentally then I always assumed less government meant you know less people getting a black bag thrown over then head and them tossed off a cliff. I suppose my whole stance of "This is society and as such we all buy into it, go live in the woods if you want to feel so entitled to 100% of your a earnings" is oppose to their "i dont want to pay for services that would better society but want to pay for services that will remove a select group of people"

Somehow my parents teaching me that we are all responsible for keeping things nice here was some how a "liberal agenda" we always called it sharing with and caring for your fellow humans. I actually dont affiliate with a party but understand more gets done when we cooperate, scapegoating is what they do at my job and i always mock them for it. "oh theres a mistake on the order rather then help the customer lets find who made the mistake and act like they dont know how to count, that is always the proper fix!"

This is nothing more than fear mongering.

Trump isn't going to do shit whether positive or negative when it comes to marijuana. It's the least of his concern.

Yeah keep thinking that, he'll do whatever that dickhead Sessions wants.

I wonder if he'll push to ban Kratom as well?
It's pretty much a guarantee.
Nice name. :)

16996244_1838883786386858_5463334896026562487_n.png

^ That's the guy who hosts WEEDIQUETTE.

I was thinking the exact same thing about his "states rights" what a fucking joke. :X

libs have themselves to blame for all of this. picking shitllary and not showing up to vote just because a black guy isnt running. You reap what you sow

Ban on Recreational Marijuana to Be Enforced, White House Says

White House spokesman Sean Spicer said he expects the Justice Department to increase enforcement of laws prohibiting the recreational use of marijuana, a departure from the Obama administration’s less aggressive stance as states began legalizing recreational as well as medical use of the drug.

“There are two distinct issues here: medical marijuana and recreational marijuana,” Spicer told reporters Thursday. “There’s still a federal law that we need to abide by when it comes to recreational marijuana and other drugs of that nature.”

The Justice Department could decide to enforce federal law and shut down businesses in the medical and recreational cannabis industries even in states where they have been made legal. That would be an about-face from the Obama administration’s policy of deferring to the states, saying it would concentrate on matters such as preventing distribution to minors, drugged driving and blocking revenue from going to gangs and criminals.

While President Donald Trump has called legalizing marijuana for anything other than medicinal use a “bad” experiment, he also has said it’s a matter for the states. Attorney General Jeff Sessions was similarly ambiguous on the matter during his confirmation hearings, though he has previously come out strongly against the drug.

‘Not a Priority’

Republican Senator Cory Gardner of Colorado, where marijuana production and distribution has become an established industry, spoke with Sessions before his confirmation about the business in his state and was assured there will be no sudden changes in policy.

“That was the take-away from my conversation with Jeff,” Gardner said. “It’s not a priority of the Trump administration.”

Cannabis is legal for recreational adult use in eight states and Washington, D.C. They include California, Maine, Massachusetts and Nevada, which all voted to legalize the drug this November. That means one in five American adults can smoke, eat or drink marijuana as they please. Medical use is allowed in 28 states. Legalized cannabis was a $6 billion industry in 2016 and is estimated to reach $50 billion by 2026, according to Cowen & Co.

“I do believe that you’ll see greater enforcement of it,” Spicer said of the federal ban on marijuana.

Justice Department spokesman Peter Carr declined to comment.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/...organic&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

It's so dumb because "medical marijuana" is equally illegal under federal law (unless there was legislation passed that I'm unaware of?)

Also ideologically impossible to justify using federalism, as previously alluded to 8)

elect a gop candidate you get gop policies. don't care if trump is an "outsider" nobody in washington is an outsider

as i always allude to, 90% of americans favored increased background checks and laws for gun purchasing, didn't happen. citizens wants have nothing to do with anything
Man/woman knows what he's/she's talking about.

Luckily (Or unluckily;whichever way you look at it..) I live in the UK (England) where we already have extremely regressive drug laws.. Yet we don't have a complete nutter in control of our country. Although, we do have a reactionary Conservative government :(

Probably already been a poll conducted on this board somewhere.. But how many of you actually voted for The Donald?

It might...it appears he has lied to congress about having meetings with the Russian ambassador. Trumps connections with Russia seem to be coming to the surface

Lol jeff sessions is like the boogeyman around. Good ol boy dinosaur representing 'bama, you could accurately guess his opinion of weed even if he never talked about it publicly...

Lol jeff sessions is like the boogeyman around. Good ol boy dinosaur representing 'bama, you could accurately guess his opinion of weed even if he never talked about it publicly...

dinosaur? like the ones that existed at the same time as humans 7K yrs ago.