• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderal rX + Xanax

denimbrick

Greenlighter
So when I used to be an active adderall user (recreational use) I probably took way more than I should have. I would take one in the morning, and one at noon. One day, I knew i wasn't going to sleep because the adderall was still in my system, so i took 2 mg of xanax. Not a huge dose for me, but also not too small. In about 20 mins, my body started feeling very very heavy so i climbed in and got ready to go to sleep. About 5 mins later (i think, i lost count of time) i was so loopy i couldn't even move my legs and i thought chief keef had broken into my house. I am 100% serious. My phone kept getting smaller and smaller in my hand, I thought my phone was a dirt path, I was hallucinating pretty hard. I did end up falling asleep and waking up the next morning a little disoriented, but it wore off. I'm making this thread because I was wondering what could have caused this? (and yes, i checked the dosage of the xanax i took, it was two 1 mg's) I've read other threads about this and it seems no one has had any crazy interactions like the one I had. Any ideas?

That's not an interaction between those two drugs. Do you know for definate that they both came from a legit pharmacy? If not you could of taken literally anything. If they were legit pills then maybe you've been awake too long, it's not uncommon to have psychosis aftet binging on stims.

Not 100%, but I had taken them before and felt exactly like xanax. I think you're correct about the physcosis part because adderal xR twice a day will sure keep you up lol

Adderal's not so common round my way (UK) but I've certainly had some kind of psychosis smoking crack for days on end. Definitely not good for your head.

With stronger benzos like halcion/triazolam you can definitely get hallucinations, not sure about xanax but since it's kinda strong I'd say it could happen. Then again, what the previous two posters said about psychosis could be true

It really depends upon the individual. My best friend and I got into drugs together and used everything under the sun. We would take Benzodiazepines from time to time and for some reason, Lorazepam (Ativan) specifically caused my buddy to hallucinate and go totally loopy. I've never experienced this particular effect, but I've met a few people who have. I don't think it's anything to worry about.