• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Christians break the Golden Rule when accepting Jesus as savior.

Gnostic Bishop

Bluelighter
Christians break the Golden Rule when accepting Jesus assavior.

Jesus indicated that doing unto others as we would want doneto us was a commandment.

Having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs youhave done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them,goes against the Golden Rule and Jesus’ commandment.

None of us would want to be punished for someone else’s sin,yet Christians ignore Jesus’ commandment and eagerly consent to let Jesussuffer for the sins they have done so that they might escape their justpunishment.

From what Jesus said, Christians are showing that they arenot fit for heaven as they do not follow Jesus’ commandment and thus do evil.

Should Christians step up and make themselves fit for heavenby rejecting substitutionary atonement?

Regards
DL

—> click edit and go through your posts and insert a space character where the end of line from your copy and paste began. This is an ongoing issue with your posts and there is a simple solution. May your discussions bear more fruit that way.

Your syllogisms make my brain schism, so I'm tapping out personally.

I can summarise your post DL. You don't agree with someone else's religious views, can you offer me yours? It's easy to poke religions with sticks, some of us realize they are made up and the points don't matter, do you?

Christians break the Golden Rule when accepting Jesus assavior.

Jesus indicated that doing unto others as we would want doneto us was a commandment.

Having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs youhave done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them,goes against the Golden Rule and Jesus’ commandment.

None of us would want to be punished for someone else’s sin,yet Christians ignore Jesus’ commandment and eagerly consent to let Jesussuffer for the sins they have done so that they might escape their justpunishment.

From what Jesus said, Christians are showing that they arenot fit for heaven as they do not follow Jesus’ commandment and thus do evil.

Should Christians step up and make themselves fit for heavenby rejecting substitutionary atonement?

Regards
DL

Couldn't you offer a counterarguement saying that part of the Golden Rule includes not refusing freely offered gifts, in this case self-sacrifice? The sacrifice has already been made, so refusing it causes it to go to waste.

Gnostic Bishop either you are a poor sophist or you are fooling yourself with illogical mental gymastics. You are making an argument that has no context at all.

Adam and Eve sinned. We are born into sin. Man can not fulfill God's law. Only God is perfect. Jesus is God in the flesh. He fulfilled the Law perfectly and took all our sin and died on the cross for us. Only belief faith and love for Jesus can free us from sin.

Gnostic Bishop are you perfect?

No of course not. Get on your knees and pray for forgiveness.