• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed doesn't get me high any more, not "gets me slightly high", absolutely no effect

NewOlllie

Greenlighter
Weed doesn't get me high any more, not "gets me slightly high", absolutely no effect

Hey all

For the last year or so I've been unable to get high. It's not that I need to take a tolerance break or get better stuff I outright can't get high. I have the same issue with stims but don't care much about that.

Anyone else had this issue, is it permanent?

Thanks,
NewOllie

I have no idea what those other guys are on about either, but are you having this issue with ALL DRUGS or just weed and stimulants? And what kind of stimulants just amphetamines? Or all of the ones you've tried so far? If it's all drugs and you're a heavier fellow, you might just not be having enough. Heavier people need more to get high.

If it's just weed, I don't think you can fix that, but my advice would be try hash/oil

I used to smoke hash (we call it pollen where I live because it's a lot like Moroccan slate hash, which the Moroccans call pollen) every day and a small chunk would get me and two friends I used to smoke with pretty high. I mean it, the chunk was no bigger than a tenth of a gram. Usually the pollen here is low quality but I got about 6 grams of really good stuff for __ (no price discussion). You can make it yourself. I think you need leaves though:

First, dry the plant. Then, with clean hands, take the plant material and slowly roll it between the palms.As rubbing continues, a black film forms on the hand. Continuing to rub will produce small balls of resin. This material can them be pressed into whatever form is desired.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think he's saying you should take a tolerance break.

would you say you smoked pretty much non-stop in the last year?

I have no idea what those other guys are on about either, but are you having this issue with ALL DRUGS or just weed and stimulants? And what kind of stimulants just amphetamines? Or all of the ones you've tried so far? If it's all drugs and you're a heavier fellow, you might just not be having enough. Heavier people need more to get high.
If it's just weed, I don't think you can fix that, but my advice would be try hash/oil

I used to smoke hash (we call it pollen where I live because it's a lot like Moroccan slate hash, which the Moroccans call pollen) every day and a small chunk would get me and two friends I used to smoke with pretty high. I mean it, the chunk was no bigger than a tenth of a gram. Usually the pollen here is low quality but I got about 6 grams of really good stuff for __ (no price discussion). You can make it yourself. I think you need leaves though:

First, dry the plant. Then, with clean hands, take the plant material and slowly roll it between the palms.As rubbing continues, a black film forms on the hand. Continuing to rub will produce small balls of resin. This material can them be pressed into whatever form is desired.

It's every stimulant I've tried as well as weed. I've tried cocaine, speed, ecstasy, mdma, ethylphenidate and methylaminopropane none of which have had any impact. I'm not very heavy (12 stone). Other users have said it might be a tolerance thing but I've taken enough cocaine in short succession to blow my heart up, nearly been to hospital.

I'll definitely give pollen a try, it's been a year since I last smoked solid so it's definitely worth a shot. I've heard dabs is ignorant of tolerance so maybe trying that as well.

Fingers crossed.

i think he's saying you should take a tolerance break.

would you say you smoked pretty much non-stop in the last year?

Admittedly I've smoke about a 1/8 daily since before it started.

That said, it's not just weed that doesn't work any more, it's stimulants as well. I smoked a fair amount daily for the last decade, it's only been he last year that I haven't experienced any effects.

This is all great advice but I hope you do realize it's just your tolerance, mate ^^

You are abusing cannabis by using 3.5g every day, and you wonder why your tolerance has caught up with you?

Start using more reasonable dosages, try dropping down to a gram a day then drop down to 0.5-0.7g a day, using no more than 0.15g in each session. You'll find that soon enough, you'll be getting higher than you were using 3.5g a day. Cannabis tolerance is strange and self-limiting like that; I get higher smoking a couple of hits now than I did when I was taking massive dabs for months on end.

3.5g a day is a lot. Usually 1g lasts me an entire week, maybe more if I'm more conservative with it. Your receptors are probably completely burnt out at this point - take a break.

I concur with the ladies/gentlemen above...definitely time to take a break. Even just a couple weeks can make a HUGE difference in how you feel. I watched my wife smoke 2 bowls in rapid succession through a bong when her tolerance was way high and not feel much, but then take 2 hits a week after not smoking at all and she was baked to High Hell. It all depends on your body and how things work in there.

Tolerance break would probaly help. I'm the same way but I can still get kinda high with some good bud(not even close to how high I got when I first started smokin, but a good buzz). I switched to wax and that shit is way better..a .1 or .2 will have me feeling like I just started for the first time again.

FWIW, I always feel like if I've gotten myself to a point where I am smoking to feel normal, not to get high, I need some detox time. I've never gotten to the point where I feel absolutely no effect. I would describe it has I just get this kind of lazy body load (not quite the right word) and I just feel dumb/groggy instead of the general good times euphoria.