• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is it safe to use baking soda to potentiate adderall?

nancy145

Bluelighter
I have a very limited supply of adderall and need to make the most out of what I have, so I did some research and found that baking soda potentiates amphetamines. Is it safe to ingest pure baking soda? How much should I use? How effective is it?

I have a very limited supply of adderall and need to make the most out of what I have, so I did some research and found that baking soda potentiates amphetamines. Is it safe to ingest pure baking soda? How much should I use? How effective is it?

I'm going to teach you to use Google one of these days Nancy, but you are a stubborn one indeed. Baking Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate) reacts in the stomach to neutralize acid. Among its myriad uses as a household chemical, it's safe to eat, but just like with basically everything else, if you ingest too much of it, it can cause problems.

0.5tsp Pure Baking Soda -> 4oz water -> stir vigorously, drink quickly.

For kicks I typed the simplest search terms possible, "eat - baking - soda" and google greeted me with an article on the topic and a recipe as my first search resuly. When will you enter the light nancy?

Be careful not to overdo the baking soda. It's a sodium salt.

My sentiments exactly. This is directed at Nancy: there's no benefit to ingesting larger doses of baking soda/antacids. The one dose that I've described should be plenty to neutralize your stomach environment significantly.

Does baking soda potentiate adderall for other ROAs than oral?

I couldn't find the answer on google, but would baking soda potentiate adderall if I take the adderall through another ROA than oral?

No I don't think so. The point of baking soda is to raise the PH of the solution in your stomach making it basic instead of acidic since some drugs are better absorbed in basic conditions. Therefore putting the drug anywhere but in your stomach shouldn't improve the bioavailability with baking soda.