• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

I want to tattoo the 5 dots (quincunx) is this a smart idea

benzoboss

Bluelighter
I want to tattoo the 5 dots.
It has some personal meaning(dont do all that stupid shit again you dont want to go back).
But how bad will the rest of the world react to this?
Btw i live in the netherlands

Well where are you planning on getting them done? The only reason I could see people being shocked or whatever is if it was on your face...

And anyway, the netherlands are quite liberal no?

Essentially it's your body, cover it how you like, just be aware of where you do it and what impact that could have on your prospective future employment opportunities.

quincunx
ˈkwɪnkʌŋks/Submit
noun
an arrangement of five objects with four at the corners of a square or rectangle and the fifth at its centre, used for the five on a dice or playing card, and in planting trees.
ASTROLOGY
an aspect of 150°, equivalent to five zodiacal signs.

interesting to learn..

i think its a neat idea. what does it have to do with drugs? why would anyone react negatively to it? am i missing some further meaning to the quincunx?

^ my thoughts precisely after a google search, couldn't see what the negativity would've been attributed to, besides general judgement.

Its a well know prison tattoo.
4 dots for the walls the center dot for the prisoner.
This is how i've experienced my hole life.
I've been in over 22 diffrent mental hospitals (prisons).
And im a prisonener of my own mind.
Its just a reminder of how horibble my life was.
So i will think 2 times before i do somthing.
Btw i want it between my thumb and indexfinger.

Well if it is truly a well known prison tattoo but you are being genuine about it being a personal reminder for you only, then why put it in such a visible place?

Well if it is truly a well known prison tattoo but you are being genuine about it being a personal reminder for you only, then why put it in such a visible place?
Becouse its a reminder.
What is the point of a reminder if i cant see it.

Because you'd be reminding everyone else at the same time? It ends up looking more like you want people to know you've been to mental hospitals, rather than a reminder to yourself not to go back, and people will assume it was prison (and I'm guessing the only people who would know are ex-convicts)...

Why not have it somewhere more discreet?

Last edited:
Because you'd be reminding everyone else at the same time? It ends up looking more like you want people to know you've been to mental hospitals, rather than a reminder to yourself not to go back, and people will assume it was prison (and I'm guessing the only people who would know are ex-convicts)...

Why not have it somewhere more discreet?
probably a good idea.
I need to think about this.

or have the dots incorporated into something more stylized? like a small tattoo of the dots on a dice or playing card?

ive got a tattoo on my upper thigh, most other people don't see it, but i still notice it. so it doesn't have to be on your fingers for you to still see it every day

Yeah or the chest, where you can see it whenever you're bathing or not wearing a shirt. Easily covered in most everyday situations simply by keeping "appropriately" attired :) I want to eventually get something tasteful done on my right forearm, possibly developing into a sleeve, but that is something for pursuing after I'm more established in my career. My current tattoos are on my abdomen and groin areas, so you rarely get a chance to see them outside the beach or sex.