i loathe all house music...except SOFI TUKKER

tantric

Bluelighter
is there anything different about it? seriously, i have no idea why i love this.

House is pretty bland, I do like disco house and jackin' house, progressive is pretty good too.

Didnt you post a Dimiti from Paris track? I realize it is disco-house or French-house but its not like we are talking about reggae vs opera or something else vastly different.

Ehhhh that's not really house. It's like watered down pop house electronica. It's closest to house but I hesitate to even label it as such.

Somebody define future house for me. Ive heard a few tracks listed as it and like it but why future?

It's basically a bullshit term invented by American kids based around the type of sound used predominantly as leads in the sub-genre, coined future simply because it was new at the time. The penultimate sound is what Tchami was making 2013-2015 if you want to hear some "future house" tracks. He's arguably the king of future house. ie here:

https://soundcloud.com/iamtchami/a-tribe-called-quest-stressed
https://soundcloud.com/iamtchami/mercer-turn-it-up-tchami-remix
https://soundcloud.com/iamtchami/move-your-body-tchami

I actually dig that track you posted. It's got a mellow funky vibe to it. Reminds me of "Tropical house", which is pretty much soulful house with a lower bpm. Maybe regular house is just too fast for you?

Didnt you post a Dimiti from Paris track? I realize it is disco-house or French-house but its not like we are talking about reggae vs opera or something else vastly different.

nudisco amused me because i used to a regular for the weekly late night disco (at the 40watt) where they would actually play disco. it was a nostalgia thing, basically. i associate house music with gay clubs where the 'dance' was a means of showing off your pecs. i dance like a baboon on crack and am thus reviled by such folk.

this is house in the loosest use of the term possible .

some of the more underground varieties of house are my favourite type of music, i think people think its bland but for me it is hypnotic and perfect.

e.g. i would call this tune closer to the essence of house

i like that it is minimal. i came to think recently that those who are more introverted might like more minimal music since it is less stimulating in a sense. extroverts might like more stimulating music.

also as with all purist electronic genres you will get like 15% of the information using earphones or shitty speakers. if u listen to it through good headphones or monitors, its a different experience, a greater frequency range is needed for a real opinion.

nudisco amused me because i used to a regular for the weekly late night disco (at the 40watt) where they would actually play disco. it was a nostalgia thing, basically. i associate house music with gay clubs where the 'dance' was a means of showing off your pecs. i dance like a baboon on crack and am thus reviled by such folk.

Ahh dude, even non gay clubs were like that and I still danced like a monkey on stims.