• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Welcome How Are You in One Word vs wait! Just one?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, i got 4 different colored dry-erase markers in my hand, i am about to be on an entire new level of busy.

^ :)

Not really tired.. I need to get to sleep tho. Maybe if I read a little.

I am seeing myself get mad here lately. A co-worker of mine has only smoked pot, and he claims being addicted to pot is his only problem.
My issue with the guy is he never experienced what i went through to get more meth, heroin and alcohol! Im sure that i am not the only one that thinks 'who the fuck does this guy think he is'?
Thinks that he's so cool, discussing with a class of heroin addicts on what he went through when he didn't have weed.

Maybe i am seeing it different because this is the same dude that about cost me my job.

In 1 word, i am feeling resentful.

Hey D's, I was just responding to something along these lines over in CD. Here is the thread. I think that what you are feeling probably has more to do with this guy than with the issue. Addiction can be to anything that owns you but certainly there are aspects of particular addictions that are different and should not be overlooked. Is there any kind of help for mediating problems like this where you are? Resentments can really become debilitating when allowed to fester unresolved. Having a counselor or someone help mediate a conversation between you two might be helpful. If that isn't possible just look for ways to let it go. One of the ways I use is to ask myself, "Is this hurting me or helping me to hang onto?" The answer is never the latter. Still, I usually can't let it go.=D So step #2 is this question," What could I do to diffuse the resentment?" Then I weigh the risks of whatever I answered with. (For instance if it is talking to the person, might this make things worse? Are there ways to help create a better outcome?)

I've heard about other addicts being frustrated over guys who make it so hard to come off weed. I know it's not good to be resentful, but I'd probably feel the same. When you've been through benzo and opiate withdrawal hell, then to hear some doucehbag talk about missing some weed, I'd probably yell "Shut the fuck up!"

Feeling refreshed.

Status
Not open for further replies.