• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Welcome How Are You in One Word vs wait! Just one?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey D's, I was just responding to something along these lines over in CD. Here is the thread. I think that what you are feeling probably has more to do with this guy than with the issue. Addiction can be to anything that owns you but certainly there are aspects of particular addictions that are different and should not be overlooked. Is there any kind of help for mediating problems like this where you are? Resentments can really become debilitating when allowed to fester unresolved. Having a counselor or someone help mediate a conversation between you two might be helpful. If that isn't possible just look for ways to let it go. One of the ways I use is to ask myself, "Is this hurting me or helping me to hang onto?" The answer is never the latter. Still, I usually can't let it go.=D So step #2 is this question," What could I do to diffuse the resentment?" Then I weigh the risks of whatever I answered with. (For instance if it is talking to the person, might this make things worse? Are there ways to help create a better outcome?)

I've heard about other addicts being frustrated over guys who make it so hard to come off weed. I know it's not good to be resentful, but I'd probably feel the same. When you've been through benzo and opiate withdrawal hell, then to hear some doucehbag talk about missing some weed, I'd probably yell "Shut the fuck up!"

Feeling refreshed.

Looking back at my own life, I paused. And thought about the time when I started smoking 'reggie' weed, then moved up to 'mids' then dank/dro, when it wasnt getting me high,started smoking hash, then went from hash to wax and shatter. Went from spending a few bucks to spending damn near a quarter of my paycheck at the time on weed!
So, after looking at it like that I went to my coworker and told him that i understand now, and thanked him. He had the look of an upsidedown question mark on his face lol.

Ive been busy today, working with 2 guys coming from prison, and working with a guy coming from his moms basement, ofcourse they bumped heads. Explained the 'hippa' law to them, and told them how serious it is to talk about others personal program with others.

Gave some consequences to some guys, they have to write the big book& 12x12 of AA, and several other things.

Looking back at my own life, I paused. And thought about the time when I started smoking 'reggie' weed, then moved up to 'mids' then dank/dro, when it wasnt getting me high,started smoking hash, then went from hash to wax and shatter. Went from spending a few bucks to spending damn near a quarter of my paycheck at the time on weed!
So, after looking at it like that I went to my coworker and told him that i understand now, and thanked him. He had the look of an upsidedown question mark on his face lol.

Ive been busy today, working with 2 guys coming from prison, and working with a guy coming from his moms basement, ofcourse they bumped heads. Explained the 'hippa' law to them, and told them how serious it is to talk about others personal program with others.

Gave some consequences to some guys, they have to write the big book& 12x12 of AA, and several other things.

It's nice you put yourself in his shoes and got a different perspective. I respect everything you do to help others.

Feeling confused and let down.

^ That sucks :\ it's like a wasted week. Hope you feel better!

Ready.

Tell me about it! And what makes it worse is I have endometriosis and have been suffering the last 6 months and now flu!
OMG anyway such is life will be a DVD weekend and bed for me

Tell me about it! And what makes it worse is I have endometriosis and have been suffering the last 6 months and now flu!
OMG anyway such is life will be a DVD weekend and bed for me

I've read about it and it seems to be painful specially in the pelvic area. Plenty of rest indeed. Wish you well. :)

Excited. A total eclipse tomorrow and Cirque du Soleil on Thursday. Oh, and Bannon is out of the White House.

Excited. A total eclipse tomorrow and Cirque du Soleil on Thursday. Oh, and Bannon is out of the White House.

Oooo sounds fun! Yea I cannot wait until the solar eclipse happens. I am really excited that I get to see it, and dont have to really travel anywhere special to get a better look at it.

Was told this morning that some I know, and have spoke with on several attempts has passed away from a drug overdose. Really sad news,always when I hear of friends of mine passing away. Keeping him and his family in my prayers tonight, and so grateful that it wasn't me.

Status
Not open for further replies.