• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

What is this feeling on weed?

greenuser8

Greenlighter
I recently made a thread about trip "flashbacks" I may be experiencing. I'm wondering if any of you have felt this.

I've been a daily smoker for over a year now. I had a bad trip 6 months ago, and have felt fine up until the beginning of this month.

Long story short, I smoked and took a THC capsule. The capsule kicked in 5 hours later when I was not expecting it whatsoever, the first thing I felt was out of body and telling my friend I was flashing back. It could've been the near panic which explained why I thought I was flashing back, however I was convinced it was a flashback when it was going on, cause I had no idea what hit me.

Only later did I realize the capsule could've kicked in very late.

Fast forward to not even a week ago, I was smoking, and got this same "out of body" feeling. However, I've been obsessing about it since almost (I'm OCD). My OCD has been telling me it's PTSD which did worry me.

You know how when you look at something, "you" are the thing looking out your eyes? The feeling is basically imagine staring at something. I feel like my conscience is pulled back into my mind, and the front of my eyesight is almost just a screen. That's the only feeling - no real visuals, or trippy mindsets, just that weird feeling that trips me out.

The way of looking things itself doesn't come with panic, it's just if I stay there for a few minutes I'll get pretty uncomfortable. Not so much the feeling itself, but the mindset of "why am I feeling this? it must be a scar from the bad trip" etc etc.

Regardless, because of this, I now have the feeling as a memory in my mind, and when I get really high, I think I can skew my eyes to see what I'm seeing. I can even remember it right now (when sober), and it worries me that I even can. I can't fully "feel" it sober, but I can remember very well what my eyes would be registering with the feeling.

Is this even normal? I think I have felt the feeling before, it's just now I think I have control over the feeling, or the way I'm looking at things when really high. It's almost, I now "remember" the way I saw things, and now my mind just sees things like that when very high. I need to be pretty high for it to stay for more than a few seconds.

The fear of a flashback, hence my mind placeboing me into "seeing" things the way I am when really high at brief moments.

I just want to confirm, is this probably just OCD? I've had no other bad trip problems, in fact I brushed it off as experience, yet this came back to bite me all because of that THC pill and me getting hit by a very strong high unexpectedly.

Is any of this normal? Much appreciated.

I had a period of feeling "out of body" when smoking cannabis. This was associated with paranoia, which eventually got so bad I stopped using cannabis.
The same unpleasant experiences persisted even 30 years later, until I once tried smoking cannabis on the comedown from mdma.
I was so mellow from the mdma that I could just laugh at the paranoia, I remember seeing what looked like a transparent sheet covered with small green spiders hanging in front of me and thinking get out of here that can't be right and then I was ok.
I often smoke weed now coming down from mdma and it's cool.

Sounds like mild depersonalisation.
Try a decent break and some focus on healthy food and some outdoor activities.

It can be managed and go away but a break will be needed to help this, fully

I believe this depersonalization/OBE is happening for a reason. You are beginning to open up to your own consciousness and your true power. Your psychic abilities. Your 3rd eye may be opening. If you begin to feel separate from yourself, do you feel like you are becoming one with everything around you? Try playing around with this new state of consciousness and seeing what you can find. It is there to learn from, as all things are

Just to update: I've been smoking daily since, to the point where my tolerance is pretty high and I don't experience any anxiety/derealization.

However, I assume if I'd tolerance break, it would be back when I get really high. It's interesting - my friend who tripped with me smoked the other day, and he felt the same thing I did.

He actually enjoyed the feeling. I can enjoy it too, it gives a sense of being very high which I like when smoking.

Never gotten down to what it was, but I think your advice on it being derealization is the best way to put it after researching that.

No idea why I am getting derealization when really high, especially since it isn't really an anxious feeling. I thought DP/DR was caused by anxiety. Just a feeling in my head.

Back in my old rave days I often found after indulging other party favors besides herb or booze, that for a few days after a crazy weekend I would get "flashbacks" of the subtances I had taken. Even plenty of years later I will occasionally feel like I've indulged in something other than herb when I smoke. Sometimes even when I've just had a few extra beers on a night out.

I recently made a thread about trip "flashbacks" I may be experiencing. I'm wondering if any of you have felt this.

I've been a daily smoker for over a year now. I had a bad trip 6 months ago, and have felt fine up until the beginning of this month.

Long story short, I smoked and took a THC capsule. The capsule kicked in 5 hours later when I was not expecting it whatsoever, the first thing I felt was out of body and telling my friend I was flashing back. It could've been the near panic which explained why I thought I was flashing back, however I was convinced it was a flashback when it was going on, cause I had no idea what hit me.

Only later did I realize the capsule could've kicked in very late.

Fast forward to not even a week ago, I was smoking, and got this same "out of body" feeling. However, I've been obsessing about it since almost (I'm OCD). My OCD has been telling me it's PTSD which did worry me.

You know how when you look at something, "you" are the thing looking out your eyes? The feeling is basically imagine staring at something. I feel like my conscience is pulled back into my mind, and the front of my eyesight is almost just a screen. That's the only feeling - no real visuals, or trippy mindsets, just that weird feeling that trips me out.

The way of looking things itself doesn't come with panic, it's just if I stay there for a few minutes I'll get pretty uncomfortable. Not so much the feeling itself, but the mindset of "why am I feeling this? it must be a scar from the bad trip" etc etc.

Regardless, because of this, I now have the feeling as a memory in my mind, and when I get really high, I think I can skew my eyes to see what I'm seeing. I can even remember it right now (when sober), and it worries me that I even can. I can't fully "feel" it sober, but I can remember very well what my eyes would be registering with the feeling.

Is this even normal? I think I have felt the feeling before, it's just now I think I have control over the feeling, or the way I'm looking at things when really high. It's almost, I now "remember" the way I saw things, and now my mind just sees things like that when very high. I need to be pretty high for it to stay for more than a few seconds.

The fear of a flashback, hence my mind placeboing me into "seeing" things the way I am when really high at brief moments.

I just want to confirm, is this probably just OCD? I've had no other bad trip problems, in fact I brushed it off as experience, yet this came back to bite me all because of that THC pill and me getting hit by a very strong high unexpectedly.

Is any of this normal? Much appreciated.
Never had it with weed, but I like the way you explained how it felt, I get this feeling on psychedelics and could never really figure out how to put it into words?