• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

chewing tabacco rotting my gums

mrsnowygrainius

Bluelighter
hi I apologize as I had no idea where to put this thread, move it if you want. Anyway about 7 months ago I quit smoking and switched over to the skoal pouches and long cut chewing tobacco. Dipping has given me no problems up until now and I really have enjoyed not smoking and repairing my lungs so I can dedicate myself to being a better surfer.

Lately however I noticed sensitivity when I put the dip in. I ignored it for a few days and then finally looked in the mirror and and have these 2 sores under my two front teeth. The sores are brown and they look as if theres these 2 little splitting holes on my gums. How bad is this? Are there any other dippers out there with gum sores? What can I do to repair my gums and these sores?

Please help I'm really scared about getting mouth cancer I don't pan on dipping forever id like to quit that soon BUT not yet. In the mean time I started putting the dip under my front lip...

Get your butt to a dentist and stop with the dip, even under your front lip.

For the time being maybe switch to nicorette gum? I stopped smoking cigarettes years ago.

Good luck

I second the advice to go to a dentist (or a doctor) immediately. Infections in your gums can have very serious consequences.
The gum may be a good solution for weaning off the dip because it will give you something to chew while you taper down the nicotene.

And good for you for dedicating yourself to being a better surfer!:)