• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tapering Would love to chat with like minded night owl

Redkitty7

Greenlighter
I'll post in the introduction tomorrow I'm 16 days off smoking tar and on low sub taper....would love a chat buddy....I for once don't wanna use i just need some one of like mind to chat with...if that's you... hit me up. promise I'll make you laugh...maybe you can do the same :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to BL Redkitty7! Congratulation for your 16 days free from heroin! How has the buprenoprhine taper been treating you?

Thanks for asking!
Ok actually just lots of anxiety insomnia no real energy just enough to function. I don't want a sub addiction...I started on 8mg within 3 days down to 6mg then few more days now I'm on 4mg will move down to 2mg next week. Benzos help but I don't take them daily.

Congrats on 16 days! I didnt want to use benzos everyday either but i did what i had to do to get some sleep and sanity for a couple weeks Then i weened down on the benzos now i do maybe one a week on a bad night. Lyrica also helped me alot with sleep and mood now i'll only take a lyrica if my feet nerve pain is real bad, lyrica or nuerontin and benzos will really be your best freind in wds. best of luck sleep will get better in time.

Thank you for the reply! I'll Google Lyrica and see where I can find it.

It's Rx only bummer

Lyrica (pregabapentin) and similiar but weaker Nuerontin (gabapentin) are schedule V which is not hard to get usually from reg doc, gabapentin is easier to get from most docs than pregabapentin both work.

Pretty much any doctor worth their salt will be more than willing to prescribe a short course of gabapentin and clonidine to anyone detoxing from opioids. It is the effective basic medicine that is entirely "abuse proof" that should be given to someone going through withdrawal. They are a big help in managing withdrawal effective, and an effectively managed withdrawal is a powerful positive influence in recovery, an important foundation to sustainable, healthy habits.

How are you doing today Redkitty7?

gabapentin is really useful for withdrawal.

Lyrica (pregabapentin) and similiar but weaker Nuerontin (gabapentin) are schedule V which is not hard to get usually from reg doc, gabapentin is easier to get from most docs than pregabapentin both work.

Lyrica is actually 'Pregabalin'

I'm down to 4mg subutex! Still using xanax but not daily and smoking alot of weed...helps SO much!! Oh and sitting in the hot tub at night !!

Nice work Redkitty7! Have you tried using Tiger Balm? Helps a lot with RLS, especially right after a hot bath. You cannot beat a nice steamy bath in withdrawal though :)

Glad to hear you are making progress - keep up the good work!

Redkitty - good job, and good use of your time and mental energy, putting yourself out there that way.
I never even considered hitting people up online to chat with, while in withdrawal..

Like everyone has been saying, Gabapentin works wonders for opiate withdrawal. It is, in my opinion, the wonder drug of this arena.
Lyrica is waaaay stronger.

Over the years, I developed a method to repair myself physically and biologically, using meditation, supplements, and exercise.

If you ever want some info about that, PM me - I'd be happy to share what I know. I've actually been meaning
to start a thread with everything I know, in it...it's just going to take a while.

So you know, I once shared these ideas with a friend-girl of mine whom I was certain actually wanted to stay sober:
and now she attributes a lot of "help" from the ideas I showed her, for whatever that's worth.
I know it has worked for me specifically, yet I have no idea if it applies to others, as
everyone's neurobiology is unique and delicate.

Anyway, let me know.

Last edited:
Hey kids!! Today is 72 days clean!!! My subutex taper is working but jumping down to 2mg was a little rough...about 5-7 days left planning on getting down to 1mg...not sure how I'm gonna break up the pill to get to .5

I'm still using xanax but only 3-4 times a week max and never more than 2 bars. Still drinking vodka red bulls couple times a week As they do help with energy I'm just not a big drinker anyway so I don't feel bad about the times I do drink.

Depression anxiety worrying over money and my future has been the biggest challenge. Trying to remain positive and also trying to start exercising daily.

How's everyone doing?? ?

Hi there kitty cat! It is good to hear from you (and even better to hear that you are doing well!).

It's a beautiful day in LA today. Can't say this for every day in LA, but today the sun is out and there isn't any smog really and a breeze, oh so lovely :)

What have you been doing for fun too keep you sane?

Hey thx for the reply!! I'm in Santa Cruz it's lovely today. I'm trying to keep busy looking for a part time job. The anxiety is what's killing me.

My best friend lived in San Clemente for ten years spent many many weeks there. Other fam is in San Juan Capistrano

Only thing fun to keep me from going insane is watching sunset and walking with my iPod blasting house music LOL