Your favourite Nirvana Song

Bella Figura

Bluelight Crew
In honour of what would've been his 50th birthday, please post your favourite Nirvana or KC songs:

Honorable mentions: Love Buzz (cover), Aneurysm, Serve The Servants, Negative Creep, Oh The Guilt, All Apologies, Frances Farmer, Moist Vagina, I Hate Myself & Want to Die Gosh...too many to pick from.

^That's a cover of a Meat Puppets song.

I'd probably have to vote for In Bloom...

excellent choice!

one of my favourites, always hoped there'd be a studio recording, but alas, seems unlikely.

he debuted Lithium that session too, with the old Calvin Johnson from Beat Happening hosting.

really? is that true? i'd love to hear more of that interview if you can share any links..?
that's calvin johnston? i didn't know that.
<3

i love it, love the rawness. i think you can capture music better sometimes with just one or two mics, like on radio

He also did a duet of The Wipers - D7 with Calvin, but that's yet to be surfaced.

Some newly surfaced unseen video:

Last edited:
Anytime spacejunk - I'm a bastion of alternative / counter culture music :)

*waits for tribal girl's input*

...the human condition that is still taboo - the natural and spontaneous art of living and parasitizing off of everyone, despite all effort of will, to refrain. hehe%)

'I feel stupid and contagious...'

when you know too much about a persons feelings ( that they don't know themselves ( its not arrogance just hyper-sensitivity) in one second and they don't know you and you aren't acquainted with them = there aren't any violins to play that tune all you can do, is act with responsibility or sedate yourself. Thanks to KC; I'd rather die knowing i've done the former.

Last edited:
I like most of Nirvana's stuff, but 'all apologies' from unplugged is probably my favourite recording. Their cover of 'lake of fire' awesome too.

I've seen a few Nirvana documentaries, mostly crap, but 'Live Tonight, Sold Out' was actually pieced together by the band. The footage and editing are raw, non-linear and it definitely does the band and the era justice. Worth a watch.

[video]https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2hmpj4[/video]

I like most of Nirvana's stuff, but 'all apologies' from unplugged is probably my favourite recording. Their cover of 'lake of fire' awesome too.

I've seen a few Nirvana documentaries, mostly crap, but 'Live Tonight, Sold Out' was actually pieced together by the band. The footage and editing are raw, non-linear and it definitely does the band and the era justice. Worth a watch.

[video]https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2hmpj4[/video]

Nice one ;)

Yeah, i love that film.
Kurt and Krist were really funny together.
It's another one of the tragedies of kurt's suicide - he was a senstive guy with a great sense of humour.

I would also mention how much i love the tracks "drain you" and "lounge act" from nevermind.
Also, "floyd the barber", "negative creep". Too many to mention, really.

One of the things i love the most about Cobain's legacy are the little obscure groups he helped champion.
The Vaselines, Shonen Knife, Daniel Johnston - among dozens of other bands got a big boost when he wore their shirts in famous press and promo photos, and talked them up in interviews.
His musical taste was varied and exquisite. It's a real shame that the industry chewed him up and spat him out like it did.