• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Max dose Pregabline

Annie1983

Greenlighter
Hey I'm currently on 600mg of Pregabline a day, I was wondering if it's possible anyone has higher does for anxiety or depression prescribed?

as far as i am aware 600mg is the highest prescribed dose, at least it is here in the UK - think the max prescribed dose is actually lower in some other countries.

also if you were thinking of taking a higher dose anyway i wouldn't bother - from experience i've found that the effectiveness of pregabalin does have a 'ceiling' and 600mg is more than adequate enough in my opinion.

Thank you, to be fair i take it for nerve pain but helps with anxiety was just a thought.

yea i was on 2x 300mg per day for years however i have taken up to 1200mg in a day before now and again, hope all is ok.

And great for nerve pain! I take it (but at this stage not daily) for sciatic nerve pain which manifests as burning or numbness or crushing pain in my lower back, through my hip and groin, down my leg, knee, ankle, feet, etc. blah. It fucking sucks. Pregabalin really does help to quieten it all down. Not perfectly, but is way more effective than anti-inflammatories or opiates. I've been taking 300mg every 2 days and have also found it helpful for anxiety, plus its helped to alleviate aspects of my depression. Or it could just be the calming of anxiety that's done that. Either way, this is a useful tool.

I'm pleased Swillow it's helping you with your siactic nerve pain and agreeded it great.

i was hoping Pregablin in higher doses would reduce the affects of my anxiety but listening to advise of others and professionals I'll be starting up another drug to deal with my many issues!

Last edited:
Over 600mg all i get is wierd side effects no positive effects i can feel..id stay with 600 And be aware that it has withdrawal symptoms if u take it long enough

Yeah i ended up on 600mg's and didn't really notice any benefit. To be honest i would have to rank Pregabalin and Gabapentin withdrawal as worse then Opiate or Benzo withdrawal. It took me a whole fuckin summer to get off high dose Gabapentin and holy fuck that was painful.

Also i never found Pregabalin or Gabapentin to work that good at all for neuropathic pain. I found tricyclics like Amitriptyline and Trimipramine to work alot better but of course doctors push Lyrica or Gabapentin these days first.

Thanks guys, think the fact pregablin reduces anxiety is a bonus, it mainly helps my nerve damage which I suppose it's intended for?!

Thanks guys, think the fact pregablin reduces anxiety is a bonus, it mainly helps my nerve damage which I suppose it's intended for?!

Yeah neuropathic pain is it's only approved indication in Canada anyway. It might be different in other countries though.

I'm on 300/day (100 3x / day) ... pretty sure you can go up to at least 1000 per day.