• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Please Help w Detoxing

Stargazer

Bluelight Crew
Hoping you guys can give me some help. I last used H last night at around 7pm - its 2:30pm the next day 19 1/2 htrs ago Im feeling bad.

I looked at sub megathread and can't concentrate enough to page through.

I have an a few sub.s Is it safe to take about 2mgs of sub yet. Im at about 15 on COWS scale. Or should I wait full 24hrs ? Ive been using H again after being clean a year and a half for about a month now -7 bags a day.

Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
it's really a good idea to wait a full 24 hours until you try the suboxone taper. you don't want to go full blowin into WDs, yet if shit gets reallyy really bad then go on and take the 2mgs, and just go from there.
are you planning on quitting heroin for good again? whats your plan of action?

I feel pretty bad. I can't deal w it. I was thinking waiting to the full 24 would be wise just to be safe. I woke up at 4am feeling this way-4hrs to go

I def want to stop. Im looking to go inpatient.

With buprenorphine I tend to go by how I feel. Once the withdrawal has set in bad it is generally safe to take it. I often only needed to wait around 12hrs at one point. The longer you wait, the more effective it is at eliminating cravings though.

Start the bupe at 1mg wait an hour if your not puking your brains out take 2mg every 30 minutes until you get relief. Only like expect 80 percent relied on the first day though.

Hey thanks so much for replies.

I waited 22 1/2 hours- because I was so nauseous I was afraid if I waited any longer I wouldn't be able to tolerate it without vomiting.

I took 4mgs -still felt like crap 40mins later , took 4 more mgs. Like cj said I feel 80% but still sick to my stomach and clammy, icky feeling. Does that improve? Long day. Ugh.

To be honest its 4am, I couldn't sleep, Im hot/cold nauseous and restless. Is that normal for your 1st day of sub? Its about 10 hours since I took any. Maybe if I take 4mg now I'll feel a little better

How ya doing 10years, hopefully your getting some relief by now you definitely waited long enough after H. good luck!

To be honest its 4am, I couldn't sleep, Im hot/cold nauseous and restless. Is that normal for your 1st day of sub? Its about 10 hours since I took any. Maybe if I take 4mg now I'll feel a little better

Unfortunately it's pretty normal. Hang tight and you'll gradually feel better

Hey guys- as always I so appreciate your kindness and support.

Update: I believe part of the issue w feeling so shitty on subs is that I was in Neurontin w/d. I was sweating buckets, severe anxiety and all orher usual symptoms - and I had taken 8mg sub strip and STILL was feeling all that.

I found about 2700mg of gabapentin/.About an hour after taking it I felt fine. As in stable. Maybe even better due to feeling so sick entire day and night prior.

Im running low on Neurontin and taking (Im out of it now) lowers doses. Im waiting for Rx to come in mail for Neurontin-it was due yesterday- but it was Presidents Day so no mail delivery. Praying it comes today.

Im not sure how I feel about subs. Its like they aren't helping like I thought they would. Seriously- and it comes as a surprise to me. Bupe is very strong I know-but I felt gaba w/d over it.

Sixx- I was unable to get the Kratom and was really upset about that. As some people swear it helps tremendously for w/d.

Im dehydrated, a little shaky but trying to stay positive.

Ps- I last did dope Sat night at 7-only used 3 bags instead of 7. Im not craving dope-just craving feeling better. You all know the drill.

I definitely have empathy. Life can be so beautiful on the other side brother of detox. Hang in there. Playing around with neurontin and being my own doctor almost killed me. I am not a medical professional so I will just say that stuff like that should be left to professionals. I saw you mention that you were considering inpatient treatment. <snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^yes Ideal situation would be inpatient- but cannot get in.

So Im trying at home. Its stressful cause Im not sure what to do. Starting dsy 5. But I used 3 subs and can't get more.

So- hoping I can make it 9 days-thats when I feel the difference. God I hope I dont screw it up.

Do you have anyone IRL who knows what you're going through that is supportive 10Years?

Keep up the good work, you might only be a couple days in but you are doing absolutely awesome :)

Yes one friend knows-but she s not mich help. She wants me to give her beauty advice and hile Im in bad w:d and be her therapist- which I dont mind under normal circumstances.

Im just trying to get through the best I can. Thanks for the encouragement TPD. DAY 5. If I can hang on 4 more days I'll be golden.

Starting day 7. Cravings started last night. I didnt give in to them.

I took 20mgs of valium this am. I don't even feel them. 2 more days until day 9-which is my turning point. Im holding on.

Thanks for the support last dose. I need it. <3

You may not feel the valium but there working. The thing about withdrawal is you want to feel 100 percent better with the comfort meds. Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. You would feel much worse had you not taken the valium.

Its also your mind state try to do something to take your mind off the withdrawal. Easier said then done I know. When I was kicking subs in rehab we went to this "fun center" raced go carts batting cages ext... I didn't feel any withdraws the whole time I was there because my brain was producing endorphins. My point is doing something fun can make it not as bad. laying in bed thinking about bad shit will only make it worse.

Anyway your doing awesome man your almost through the physical hell.

Last edited: