• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Random Which serial killers or true crimes intrigue you?

It's always gonna be Jack the Ripper for me. I get so drawn in.

Jack the Ripper and the zodiac have occupied a lot of my reading time lately. The zodiac movie that came out in 2007 is really good too.

David Ray Parker aka The Toy Box Killer

He sound proofed a truck trailer on his property and turned it into a sexual torture chamber. He's accused of killing 40-60 women but no bodies have been found so he hasnt been charged with murder, he has only been charged with kidnapping and torture (A victim got away) The fact that he has killed anywhere from 40-60 women and not a single one has been found is why I find him so intriguing.

On another note has anyone checked out the crimescene reddit??? Morbidly disgusting pictures of crime scenes but I can't get enough of it.

Richard Trenton Chase, aka The Vampire of Sacramento.
from Wikipedia..
Chase developed hypochondria as he matured. He often complained that his heart would occasionally "stop beating", or that "someone had stolen his pulmonary artery".[2] He would hold oranges on his head, believing Vitamin C would be absorbed by his brain via diffusion. Chase also believed that his cranial bones had become separated and were moving around, so he shaved his head in order to watch this activity.
After leaving his mother's house (believing she was attempting to poison him), Chase rented an apartment with friends. Chase's roommates complained that he was constantly intoxicated on alcohol, marijuana, and LSD. Chase would also walk around the apartment nude, even in front of company. Chase's roommates demanded that he move out. When he refused, the roommates moved out instead.
Once alone in the apartment, Chase began to capture, kill, and disembowel various animals, which he would then devour raw, sometimes mixing the raw organs with Coca-Cola in a blender and drinking the concoction. Chase believed that by ingesting the creatures he was preventing his heart from shrinking.

^ a bit of a phenomenon; in terms of being both psychopathic and psychotic; delusional (poor kid). Read a thesis online with much detail about him and his history/behaviour/stats etc. , Ill post it on here anon.

This is special. =D

___________________--

The identity of one of the young kids killed by John Wayne Gacey, was revealed recently. At least his family has closure. Poor kid :|

http://wgntv.com/2017/07/19/sheriff-to-update-investigation-of-unnamed-gacy-victims/

Last edited:
What's the guys name who was found with like 30 some dead Vancouver area sex workers?

Year?

WTF is with all the Canadian Sadistic, killers, eh? I was under the assumption that Canadians were repressed in the right ways. :\

Lol, this would have been in the 90's I think. It was presenting in something I was listening to as a big deal because no one would have done anything were it not for community members who went or if their way to get police to investigate (or something, from a podcast called "On Drugs" episode called City on Drugs or something, about Vancouver - good episode btw, CBC show I believe).

Last edited:
Not a libertarian bleeding heart for Charles Manson but considering the facts; a very smart person with no support, NONE - he did ok. He'd have made a better president than Trump - I think, despite how resentful he was - he could have done better but societies fucked up. He knew, he hadn't a chance, the poor pet, he went out guns blazing - which is what happens when potential gets thwarted by a restricted and ignorant society.

I understand people think violence and crazy is the low statistic, that should be swept under the carpet but it's lumped under one conceptual judgement; personally, I would prefer to have warriors fighting for whats just; than a thwarted governmental army of trained unquestioning, conformists that obey elitists. Thats just me, eh.

...and he didnt kill anyone. It was unfortunate that he didnt get Polanski - but he was a thwarted soul ( a female hating, black hating despicable character), because he had no love, care or guidance, from a mother or father; and therfore none in himself; obviously - he played to survive as a being with no trust in anyone or anything ( I can understand vestiges of this, but luckily, I have wisdom from people who loved me who taught me pro-social skills; he didnt have this). Plenty of bi-polar's, narcissists, sociopaths and psychopaths ( not conflating conditions but elucidating how anything non-conformist is highlighted and herded, as 'mental health condition' (generalised, conceptual neon-lights; despite the difference in spectrum; despite the nuance - there is no respect for persons, over their condition - everything outside conformist bounds is equally, judged as deviant - which is bullshit!)- they dont make headlines/profits. He had no help - the only attention he got was a hungry media - the dying light of some reach for validation in the worst of places ( when mental-health care is absent- what else can be expected - granted it was aeons ago but every school shooting/mass shooting appeared to have some egocentric manifesto - stated, or implied was a lack of support for normalcy - people were neglected; the basic requirements/need for dignity and self respect, was not given to those people - and they acted out)

- the media; even psychopaths can be pro-social - society is the disease that molds humans into feeding financial networks. It's Frankenstein's monster - glad we came out of tv but now, into social media -rebelliousness to conformists - the psychopathology just becomes more camouflaged. Nothing changes, in essence.

Some people are full of shit with their victim-hood others have gone through nightmares that no one can comprehend/endure in their worst nightmares. ( Whether you imagine it, or been through it, the nervous system will engage - meaning those who sense pain and those in-pain are similar - they know pain and pain needs healing.)

God love him, he would nowadays be treated with developmental delay; emotionally; cognitively ( as in he exhibits emotional and physical displays like a wee kid of 2-4/5 looking for attention)and he would get support needed - it's heartbreaking to see someone, treated as a circus freak, who obviously had been neglected though out their lives, with no help. As bad a state the planet is in, am glad kids are getting better treatment. fuck. :(

We treat these/ourselves the same, because the ones who have gone through hell, need us and that/their all that matters - compassion should be given to all.

I can only imagine a world where a kid is smart as hell, has no support to guide them through school; let alone daily activities that involve self-care - they are lost; no guidance - this smart, kid goes out in the world to compete with kids who had a head-start with parents who te=rained and cosseted them to be the best and the most loved - how the fuck would you feel, if you had a brain in your head, dealing with this.

I'd feel pretty resentful. Im not extrovert or have CM's personality traits( maybe some ;) ) but given the fact he was so primed from biology to be a leader, its only lucky, that he did what he did ( not disrespecting the damage he caused; or murders he was responsible for) but hell the media made a scapegoat out of an easy target and made a fortune out of the general public's ignorance - thing is the general public still lust a scapegoat, rather than look at the cause of poverty and pain; which is those fuckers who make a fortune from their ignorance; their focus on the media( the shiny). /damn :/. Nothing but humour can lift this toxic malaise.

<3

Last edited:
I'm more interested in cults than serial killers, but one where there's some overlap that I have a lot of interest in is Jim Jones and the Johnstown massacre.

It bugs me a lot that the public consciousness often imagines it as a mass suicide, which is total crap. Jones might not have been a serial killer in that apart from not conforming to the established conventions of what defines a serial killer, his murders were all at once rather than in series, but virtually all of them ARE murders and not suicides.

Almost none of them killed themselves per se, but they did contribute in creating an environment where the murders could take place. It's understandable in a human nature kind of way when you consider cult susceptible personalities, but still, Jones and his most immediate few followers bare the responsibility for the deaths of the near thousand other people who died.

It fascinates me how susceptible the human mind is to coercion. And Jones himself is certainly fascinating putting aside the horrible crimes he's responsible for.

Manson of course is another one that straddles the serial killer cult line.

I'm also fascinated by cults. People often don't realize cults come in all sizes and flavors.

I'm more interested in cults than serial killers, but one where there's some overlap that I have a lot of interest in is Jim Jones and the Johnstown massacre.

It bugs me a lot that the public consciousness often imagines it as a mass suicide, which is total crap. Jones might not have been a serial killer in that apart from not conforming to the established conventions of what defines a serial killer, his murders were all at once rather than in series, but virtually all of them ARE murders and not suicides.

Almost none of them killed themselves per se, but they did contribute in creating an environment where the murders could take place. It's understandable in a human nature kind of way when you consider cult susceptible personalities, but still, Jones and his most immediate few followers bare the responsibility for the deaths of the near thousand other people who died.

It fascinates me how susceptible the human mind is to coercion. And Jones himself is certainly fascinating putting aside the horrible crimes he's responsible for.

Manson of course is another one that straddles the serial killer cult line.

absolutely, i hate it when people call that a mass suicide, because you're right - it was a massacre. several massacres. bloody horrible.

i don't like serial killer stuff at all, but i do find manson really interesting, with his links to so many incredible musicians and stuff.
his music really is quite fascinating, and i have to admit i kinda like the demo he cut before he went back to jail.

read some interesting stories since his death, and theories about what was really going on with the manson family.
besides charlie being a pimp, it seems like they maybe were hired killers. some speculation the cops let them get away with a fair bit, because they thought charlie was going to attack the black panthers or something. at least, that's one article.
very fucked up, but fascinating. also scientology and possible mk ultra links.

the beach boys recorded manson's songs, neil young raved about him in interviews (before the murders), dennis hopper, all kinds of people were apparently charmed and impressed by charles manson.

Manson was a sociopath but it is obvious to see where society failed him ( no doubt he would have made a successful politician- given the upbringing) Again, I don't want to champion him but I do think the truth of the situation, wasn't treated fairly and the media did a disservice to the public and he was made in to a 1960's 'Pokemon'.

I think this takes mental health backwards ( if he is a sociopath - prove it - do tests - I mean there are space programmes and the government won't spend money, on preventing dysfunction, within their society - what is the reason for that, apart from political motives to herd the masses into delusion?); They are wielding the worst cases as a Skinnerian warning -to demonize the misunderstood -there is no spectrum; just Crazed Manson - as a warning, to conform, or you could be as crazy as 'this guy' - a cunning tool to keep people in line with conformity. No-one in the psychiatric field has reached a concensus on Manson ( similar to the neglect of A.Wurnos) - that to me, is disturbing; as there is no justifiable scientific, test to determine where the boundaries lie - if the powers that be, i.e. the medical establishment cant give just cause, publicly for incarcerating or, executing a person ; without clearly idenifying the reasons ( with fMRI scans etc) I think it's bullshit and just making seeming perpetrators disposable and profitable - a scare tactic to make an example out of the extreme cases, to scare the beejeezuz out of people enough to stop them questioning the whole situation -this is a nauseating concept as no case is determined by its own merit and anything goes - trial by media ( no insight; no problem solving; no future strategies to secure society) - sickening.

Last edited:
absolutely, i hate it when people call that a mass suicide, because you're right - it was a massacre. several massacres. bloody horrible.

i don't like serial killer stuff at all, but i do find manson really interesting, with his links to so many incredible musicians and stuff.
his music really is quite fascinating, and i have to admit i kinda like the demo he cut before he went back to jail.

read some interesting stories since his death, and theories about what was really going on with the manson family.
besides charlie being a pimp, it seems like they maybe were hired killers. some speculation the cops let them get away with a fair bit, because they thought charlie was going to attack the black panthers or something. at least, that's one article.
very fucked up, but fascinating. also scientology and possible mk ultra links.

the beach boys recorded manson's songs, neil young raved about him in interviews (before the murders), dennis hopper, all kinds of people were apparently charmed and impressed by charles manson.

I keep hoping to one day see a huge raid on Scientology and the government seizing their assets.

Unfortunately it's much more likely they will eventually drop to a small number of true believers and stay that way for god knows how long.

They really are horrible. Problem is they're also really smart. They know where the line is and how to get away with their crimes.

You mention MK ultra. One of the most disturbing things about mind control isn't just that it exists. It doesn't exist in the cia MK ultra kinda way that's all bullshit if you ask me.

No what's so disturbing is that it exists and it's you don't need ANY of that fancy imagined secret drugs or technology to do it.

Most people are highly susceptible to manipulation and mind control and the only tools you need are understanding of the flaws of the human mind.

One industry that has mastered this is advertising.

Worse still is the same principles that make evolution and natural selection work also mean it's both entirely possible and common for such control and manipulation to develop organically, in service to nothing more than its own continued existence.

The government doesn't need MK ultra science fiction style mind control. You can control people just find simply by exploiting the flaws in most people's reasoning skills.

^Absoloutley. Governments have programmed citizens since time immemorial - We don't have to tune-in to Leah Remini, on TV, to fill us in on the dominance hierarchies, in their various guises. ;)

The government doesn't need MK ultra science fiction style mind control. You can control people just find simply by exploiting the flaws in most people's reasoning skills.

This is too, too true. :\