• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Day following Xans

Maxa2K

Greenlighter
Hey guys, I just have a few simple questions. So I got some Xanax, and last night decided to take a whole bar. Generally I only take half a bar (I have pretty rough DP/DR and it realllly takes the edge off), however, after taking any more than that I have a "hangover" of sort. I'm assuming that's due to me being used to only the power of half a bar. This hangover basically consists of me waking up very late (I just woke up at around 3:30 pm), irritated easily, generally depressed however not anxious at all whatever. The weird part is, on a day like I just described, I have NO desire to take anymore Xanax, like ever again aha. Anyways, part of the reason that I like taking half a bar is the day after I feel calm, but not shitty, in addition to the day flying by. Anyways, my question is why is it that a jump from half a bar to a whole bar makes such a difference the next day? And am I the only one that after a day of more than half a bar of Xanax I feel like I never want to take it again?
Thanks so much you guys, cheers.

By using more Xanax or any benzo than you usually take, you're going to feel it the next morning. It's happened to me a few times- waking up with a sort of a headache/hangover. Keeping your dose low should stop this from happening.

Should only make you groggy in the morning. And subside by the afternoon. Thats how my body works anyways, your body is different apparently. Im not a doctor just giving my opinion

Probably because you are self medicating, and the lack of anxiety makes you feel that you don't need it for that purpose anymore... Until itnclears your system.

The reinforcing effects of xanax are nonlinear. Generally speaking like alcohol it can indirectly sensitizw the pleasure while high doses areb going to just supress activity. Just like drink one beer feel relaxed a few beers pretty "nice" 8 shots angry ten shots cryimg about your girlfriend who left ypu five years ago 15 beers trying to box the police for tryimg to tell me i need pants in public 18 beers suicidal 24 beers stopoed breathng. Those are random doses all im trying to respresent is how a drug can caus both reinforcing effects at one dose depression even suicidal at another