• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

High blood pressure and MDMA

spicoli27

Greenlighter
The past few times i've taken my blood pressure it's been high for what i'm used to. The most recent time i tested it, i was at 156/88. Not sure what's causing it i live a healthy life and exercise daily. Im going to a music festival this weekend and was panning on rolling but am uncertain now. Do you think it is a bad idea with my high blood pressure?

For a start that is a single reading and there could be a lot of factors involved; lots of things can effect it including worry about it - if high bp is suspected usually a 24hr monitor is initiated. Multiple readings over time are more useful - in fact I sit and take several; usually the first is higher than minutes later. MDMA or even a psychedelics will raise bp slightly so in theory it could be dangerous but how real the danger is in real life can't really be guessed by anyone here; we can't guess at what's going on from one reading; I've had similar concerns at times and gone ahead but there's only one way to be totally safe

Honestly man I have higher BP idk about my cholesterol but my BP is higher whenever I've had it taken, and I've rolled several times just make sure you dont overwork yourself dancing or something and you'll be fine..

Asssuming you are younger and don't have atherosclerosis those aren't huge numbers, just high blood pressure numbers.. IF you were active (even just walking) or agitated or really cranked up on caffeine when those numbers were taken then they aren't typical. Taking MDMA will increase all your numbers. But I don't see it as a huge problem. A beta blocker would be nice insurance but just dancing will raise your blood pressure. So be sure to take breaks, rest, seated breaks and keep the fluids coming in moderation. You'lll be fine. Talk to your doctopr about getting your bloood pressure down.

Always good to have some Valium with you if ever need to dial it down. Valium by itself willl reduce all your numbers. And help you get to sleep.

Last edited:
CAUTION!

Mixing beta blockers with stimulants CAN result in paradoxical reactions and raise HR and BP even higher.

Valium or any other benzo is much better option if things get out of hand