• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(2C-D / 30mg orally) - 7th Time - "An Idiosyncratic Intensity" or "Total Enzyme K

Pfafffed

Moderator: PD
Staff member
(2C-D / 30mg orally) - 7th Time - "An Idiosyncratic Intensity" or "Total Enzyme K

"An Idiosyncratic Intensity" or "Total Enzyme Knockout?"
2C-D - 30mg orally - Somewhat Experienced

Background: I'm a fairly experienced psychedelic user, having tried dozens of psychedelic drugs at least a couple times. At this time, I had no tolerance. However, I had taken a lot of substances in the past 24hrs, for me at least.

I took a day off of work to try to accomplish some research that had been hanging over my head undone for a few months. That, and to look into finding a new job. I wasn't able to focus, so sometime roughly between noon and one I had:
A couple cups of tea
5 drops of CBD, two times
15-20mg of ethylphenidate
250mg of a product sold as kratom extract
one tablet of b-vitamins

The previous day, I had taken 80mg of modafanil along with some piperine; earlier in the week, I also had some rhodiola, but these should have long since been out of play. I had also been drinking kava kava every night to help improve my sleep hygiene. I also drank alcohol earlier in the week, and used ibuprofen twice and acetominophen for headache on one occasion.
When the above materials still were not enough to get me motivated and productive, I followed up with a single 30mg pseudoephedrine tablet around 2pm, which did the trick. When my friend came home at 5 with the express intention of spending the evening with me, I was stimulated and experience a bit of drug-induced frustration at the fact that his presence would derail my productivity. Although he offered to let me do my own thing, I decided to try to take the edge off a little. I tried smoking a cigarette, but only managed a few puffs before I decided it wasn't helping. I then had a light dose of nambawan kava (roughly one tablespoon), which helped.

At this point, I had used 2C-D six times prior, always rectally with the exception of ineffectual insufflated bumps to boost the experience and one uneventful 5mg oral experience. None of these had managed to match the delights of my first experience, despite non-staggered doses up to 40% higher than that of my first time. Still, they were nice enough.

Between 6-7pm, productivity shot to hell for the day, I suggested taking some 2c-d orally. This an ROA I had never done over 5mg before. As I had tried staggered doses up to ~30mg rectally before, I suggested 20-30mg, thinking this would us me in light to common terrain. We had taken 5-meo-mipt / moxy five days prior (I mixing in a small amount of psilacetin and a tiny amount of metocetin,) so there was a possibility of some tolerance.

I had had a light lunch of veggie soup, an avocado caprese sandwich, and iced tea before noon, so my stomach was empty except for maybe kava from much earlier.

I took my blood pressure, wanting to make sure that it wasn't too high due to the drugs taken earlier. I was concerned about adding a stimulating psychedelic on top of other stimulants, and the concern over a hypertensive crisis or adrenergic storm kept surfacing in my mind throughout the experience, causing me to stay calm and withdrawn to make sure I didn't compound my stimulated state by stressing out. It was 130/90, which was high but expected. I debated between 20-30mg, then decided to take 30mg. When I measured my BP again during the peak, it was 133/91.

The comeup was smooth and steady for us both, but my friend never got to much more than a light ++ for a short period of time. I, on the other hand, was in strong to heavy terrain for a good three hours.

The experience had no hint of the sinister or of malice, but the intensity was unwarranted. I was VERY glad to not have to contemplate going to work the following day to compound my anxiety. The most difficult part was surrendering to the experience because I knew that my friend wanted to spend time with me. I knew that he would understand that these things happen and that he was happy to give me the space to ride it out, but the guilt over it kept returning abstractly to color my trip until I was past the anxiety of the peak and into the plateau when the stimulation subsided.

I knew I was hungry, but I couldn't fathom eating. I was a bit thirsty, too, but that was also too much trouble. I spent my time just surrendering, lying motionless under a cover on the bedroom floor with music playing, mostly disregarded, in the background. Despite its good natured vibe and easy visions and only mild stimulation, I was still playing tons of mind games to remind myself that I was happy, enjoying myself, and that it would be over soon, that I would be myself again, that it wasn't forever. I contemplated benzos throughout the experience, but I was hyperaware that this was an idiosyncratically strong experience and that I wasn't sure how my benzo naive body would respond. I knew that the kava I had had several hours before could interact, and I was unwilling to take that chance unless I had to. I knew that I was fine, but my anxiety kept coming back from the fact that I was unable to be on the same level as my friend, unable to interact. The experience was not difficult apart from that, just disconcertingly intense. I told myself that a self-respecting person in my position should be able to relax, surrender, and tough it out for the duration without benzos, that I was in no danger either physically or psychologically, and that I had love and support nearby. I considered more kava, but decided against it because it would be difficult to make and would interact with benzos if things did head south. The funny thing about benzos - their use causes me more anxiety than they are supposed to relieve, which is why I avoid them.

Suddenly, I recalled that I had CBD oil. I took 4 full dropperfulls and held them in my mouth. Within minutes, the relief from stimulation made itself apparent. Everything seemed eminently more bearable. I should have taken it much earlier. It was expensive relief, but it was worth it, making things dreamier and making it possible for me to finally enter my powered-down state.

Once I finally crested into the plateau and I surrendered the idea of spending time with my friend, the experience became more expansive, more magical, easier, and less strained and stimulated. This took two hours to reach (9pm), and the plateau lasted only for about an hour followed by a sudden drop off. I took some magnesium and a double ball of nene kava as the effects began to fade around 10, where they departed quickly, leaving residual stimulation that made it impossible to sleep until past 2am despite another dropper of CBD, a ball of nene kava, and two benadryl. Sleep was restful, and I woke refreshed at 8:45.

Despite the intensity, the experience was too strong and disorienting to be useful or insightful. I didn't learn anything--I was too stimulated and fragmented, desite my efforts to get something out of it. The body sensations were mild, but enjoyable. The side-effects were minimal: muscle tension, jaw clenching, insomnia, and some gas that was probably induced by the kava and never became painful.

It was similar to 2C-B in many ways, lacking 2C-B's characteristic feels and visuals, providing a cleaner and more neutral and less stimulating space--I would have struggled with an experience of this intensity on 2c-B due to its stimulation. It was light feeling in the mind and body, it did not feel in the slightest malevolent although it could have gone south easily if I were not seasoned or not in a totally comfortable setting. The intensity was much like the peak of a strong insufflated 2c-b experience over three long hours.

The most memorable part of the experience were the visuals. Closed eye, I kept seeing repeating geometric patterns that were sort of sine wave, sort of fractal. Usually colorlous, occasionally pastel neon paletted. Yellow and green OEV filters were common. Occasionally, I would see tight black lines forming bands. Occasionally CEVs and OEVs would overlap. There were few immersive or narrative visionscapes. Tracers and afterimages were strong. Waving, breating, undulating, patttern drifting, and pattern popping were constant. Super fast "strobing" light stutters appeared occasionally, which I found unsettling. Translucent hieroglyphs and geometric bands swarmed everywhere with my eyes open. Colors were intensely saturated. These would have been beautiful, but they were too disorganized during the intense peak. They were starting to develop into a more useful state during the short plateau, much like 2C-B. The useful, enjoyable part of these two drugs for me is the plateau, but the plateau is too short. It's a shame the peace and tranquility, and gentle developing fantasies of these materials don't last longer. Perhaps other 2C-Xs do, or perhaps the Flys or bk-2C-Xs offer more here? At no point did I feel the pull of mania or delusion, which was deeply heartening. To be in such a strong/heavy state without expecting it was not ideal, but at least there was no feeling that I couldn't ride it out.

All in all, I do not understand why the experience was so strong. I weighed the material twice (and it looked right). It was about the intensity i would have expected from 80mg-120mg. I'm glad I tried this low and slow, especially since all three times prior were weak and did not live up to the intensity of my first time with 2C-D. I had begun to think that I had become a hardhead, as this and other psychedelic experiences over the last couple months have been subpar, despite a break of several months. I can only suspect that it has something to do with the depletion of liver enzymes due to drug use earlier in the day, or that something I took had MAOi properties (perhaps the kratom extract that I took was laced with something like tramadol?) I suppose I will never know. It's possible that 2C-D, like 2C-B, is highly erratic in how I respond to the dose. But a difference like this is very consequential--it could have been very difficult if I had taken this in any but the absolute safest of settings, making me quite cautious moving forward. It may just be that 2C-Xs have an unpredictable dose-response relationship, making it wise to titrate each time as I typically do with rectal or (shudder) intranasal routes of administration.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_2cd
substancecode_phenethylamines
explevel_experienced
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
It has been quite some time since this report was written, and I still haven't felt the need to see what an oral dose of 2C-D will do for me again to see if this was just a one off.

--

Edit: Some time after this experience, I eventually got around to trying 2C-D again at 20mg and at 25mg, both experiences barely crossing the threshold into a ++.

Last edited:
This sounds like a really intense trip similar to the one I had on 125mgs when you describe the visuals this way.

"Translucent hieroglyphs and geometric bands swarmed everywhere with my eyes open"

I'd literally seen this same thing and spoke of it in PD about 10 years ago when that experience took place. It was one of the most intense visuals I'd seen before with open eyes. The symbols covered the walls and glowed with a gold aura as they rotated and changed. It was no language I could read but I was almost able to feel there meaning. I believe it's some type of ancient writing used by beings from an alternate dimension, one in which people get a glimpse of in heavy psychedelic experiences.

During the peak it was an intense +++ and I spent hours on the floor of the room layer back being brought through the vortex. It was impossible for me to navigate and I'd lost track of who or where i was.

Couldn't imagine if you took a dose like this and that reaction would happen to you when it would amplify. In my opinion 2C-D is kinda underrated and can at times bring about incredibly powerful trips. Thank you for your report, I'd never had the pleasure to read it until now.

Last edited:
2cd is Darrell Lamare’s favorite drug. I’d like to synthesize and try it in time.

Last edited: