• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Moving soon, whats the scene like in AUS?

GalaxyNinja66

Bluelighter
FIRST OF ALL NO I AM NOT ASKING FOR PRICES OR SOURCES OR ANYTHING I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS AVAILABLE! NOTHING SPECIFIC!

So I might be moving there from the US soon and I was wondering, is like codeine OTC? Also is it harder to get drugs there? more pricey? are any harder to get? (again not asking for specifics, just vague X is harder to get then Y here, and R is cheap as hell) I was just curious, Because I don't want to smuggle anything, but still want to stay "me":?

Lot of expensive drugs, lot of meth :)

(disclaimer: I've never actually been to Australia, that's just my impression from BL)

Never been but from what I've heard from friends and read on here, drugs are generally much more expensive and hard to get.

Depends on who you meet up with and who they know etc etc. In my circles the most common drugs are weed, lsd and xtc. I try and stay away from meth and I don't see it much in my circles.

get ready to pay about ten times what you're used to paying, On the west coast the most common drugs around are probably meth, weed, mdma, and lsd. Can't get ketamine this side of the country really, east coast (Sydney/Melbourne anyway) has a lot more options. Codeine is currently OTC but it's becoming prescription only in 2017.

Well Sydney obviously has every drug you can name. It's particularly awash with meth and Coke. A lot of people getting killed atm as rival gangs (mostly lebos and bikies) battle for control of the extremely lucrative drug trade.

Canberra is a huge hub for drugs too. It's a real sleeper in that regard. It's well known for good quality weed at affordable prices.

Heroin is obviously around everywhere but you gotta know the junkies to find it. High chance of getting ripped off if you don't know people. But I suppose it all depends on who you stumble across.

Just get used to paying a hell of a lot more for drugs than you're used to. Except maybe weed I guess. Expect Coke per G to cost at least 3-4x what you would pay in LA for a gram of blow at about 50-60% purity. And at about 10% purity if you're lucky. Probably more like 5%.

Literally better off ordering Coke on the black web

pills and MDMA are everywhere, but it's been years since I dabbled in those so I wouldn't know what the quality is like anymore.

Apparently some dodgy stuff goes around that has made a few people OD in clubs (on news) so be careful dude.

In general, better off making some friends and getting your drugs through people you know than trying to score off randoms. I suppose that's the same as anywhere.

yeh its meth, 'ecstasy', mdma caps, weed.

generally No hash, edibles, dabs.

But you can find magic mushrooms and dmt containing acacia. We got bomb conditions to grow too. Our outdoor is kootz

We have among the highest consumption per capita for most drugs, dont think youll struggle to find what youre after...Be prepared to pay out your ass though.

We have a fair few nasty chems being sold as MD currently, and imo the coke here is also garbage given we are so far from the source

We have among the highest consumption per capita for most drugs, dont think youll struggle to find what youre after...Be prepared to pay out your ass though.

We have a fair few nasty chems being sold as MD currently, and imo the coke here is also garbage given we are so far from the source

We have shit drugs due to the Aussie's apathy of not giving a shit about anything

Don't forget liquid GHB locally known as "Juice" or "Liquid G".

All the cool kids in Melbourne's club's get into the G on a big Saturday night as it is dirt cheap compared to our eccies (ecstasy pills) and shards (crystal meth)

G is also popular as the Victorian Police are yet to start testing for GHB on their random roadside drug testing operations.

As others mentioned illegal drugs are bloody expensive in Australia compared to the US but in general wages are higher in Aus, A 21 year old working at McDonald's would be on 21 dollars an hour while a tradesman would earn 100 k wage a year and we have perks like. universal health care, interest free loans for higher education and welfare.

Another plus to living in Australia is we don't have harsh freezing cold winters in any of our major cities and gun crime is no where near as bad as a US city like Chicago.

As with illegal drugs being expensive other vices are also expensive thanks to sin excise taxes being applied to cigarettes and alcohol. For example a packet of Benson and hedges smooth 25's cost <snip> AUD at a lot of retailers. There are cheaper smokes but you are still looking at getting charged a <lot>. As for alcohol beer isn't that expensive at pubs but a pre-mixed Jim beam and cola will set you back <snip>. Now your probably think i mentioned that wages are high in Australia and yes they are with the average salaly being close to 80 k but to buy a house in Sydney that is within 25 k's of the CBD you at looking at around 900 K. And that's for a average 3 bedroom 2 bathroom house in what was once a working class suburb. For a house in Sydney near the sea you need to be a multi millionaire and then some. Melbourne isn't quite as expensive as Sydney but most young first home buyers in Melbourne can only afford to purchase a house on the urban fringe 40 k's from the cbd, which leaves a hour and half commute to work.

As for the quality of our expensive drugs down under the meth available is usually on the fairly potent side of things which is to be expected as it is imported from China. The Heroin in Australian cities is all pretty much exclusively China White Number 4 no black tar heroin to speak of in Aus. Australian cities don't have any where near the level of open air street drug dealing as US or European Cities so as a drug user you need to network with your friends, acquaintance's and co workers to get a reliable source. What drug dealers do operate on the street level mostly sell heroin in the inner city public housing areas and IME your chances of getting ripped off are 50/50 if scoring off an aussie junkie, much less chance of being ripped off if dealing with a Vietnamese pusher. The main draw back to Meth and Heroin being expensive in Australia is that for the drug user that develops a daily habit it's inevitably that they will progress to the needle and become a IV user. I'm not saying all IV users are full blown junkies, some do shoot and do it sensibly and in a hygienic manner but gosh it can be a slippery slope once you opt for the syringe.

One positive about Melbourne Clubs is if you want to take drugs like ecstasy pills mdma caps ketamine ice and other party drugs in the nightclubs that play electronic dance music the police do no raid and shut down clubs that have drug use occurring on the premises. You can have a big night in Melbourne nightclubs discreetly swallowing, smoking or snorting god knows what in the toilets and as long as you don't drive home under the influence of drugs or openly deal drugs in the club you chances of having a run in with the police is quite minimal.

I'm not into weed but in Melbourne and Sydney it is all hydro indoor grown weed. I believe outdoor grown "bush buds" are common in rural and regional regions of northern Australia.

Cocaine is apparently meant to be out there in a big way in Sydney's high end celebrity and elite corporate scene; Outside of Sydney you don't hear much about coke apart from the odd sports star getting into trouble for being caught with it. I'm a lowly paid meth smoker that doesn't move in the circles a Aussie cocaine dealer would target. But i'm sure there is cocaine users in Melbourne who get stuck into the Colombia marching powder seeing as the sort of high income wages tradesmen who run their own business earn. Not to mention the white collar workers who's net worth wealth could handle what cocaine goes for down under.

When it's all said and done i don't mind living in Australia, the universal health care system and available welfare helps me and my parents out at times. Despite the high cost of illegal drugs i am only a occasional meth smoker that only puffs once or twice a month. Although i am a lowly paid hospitality worker i earn more money per hour than if i did the same job in the states. I have family in America and i know first hand what it's like having to deal with a user pays health system, better have insurance if you get sick or if you get a chronic illness forget about getting health insurance coverage.

You never know Galaxyninja66 moving to Australia might be the best thing you ever do.

Last edited by a moderator:
And i forgot to mention Ho's and Hohouses are legal in most Australian States, yes prostitution is decriminalised and brothels operate legally pretty much all over Australia.

Prices start at <snip> for a quickie either with a older Caucasian sex worker or alternatively you can get a young Asian sex goddess aged mid 20's mid 30's that will be more than willing to show you a good time for the same price as the 40 year old white sex worker.

Prices for sex workers vary greater from brothel to brothel but at the high end you are looking at <snip> in a high class brothel for a young model material sex worker.

Just thought i'd put that information out there seeing as Americans would know trying to pay for sex in America is serious pain in the butt considering all the police set up's and raids, Not to mention the pimps that might beat the poor hookers or clients who might come up unexpectedly short of payment due to been shaken down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry man, price discussion isn't allowed - even for legal drugs or...the cost of prostitutes.

House prices we can cope with, but generally speaking, price discussion is against the guidelines.

I will chime in... The most annoying thing about drugs in Australia is most users know nothing about their drug of choice, and urban legend/myths about drugs are treated as gospel.

FIRST OF ALL NO I AM NOT ASKING FOR PRICES OR SOURCES OR ANYTHING I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS AVAILABLE! NOTHING SPECIFIC!

So I might be moving there from the US soon and I was wondering, is like codeine OTC? Also is it harder to get drugs there? more pricey? are any harder to get? (again not asking for specifics, just vague X is harder to get then Y here, and R is cheap as hell) I was just curious, Because I don't want to smuggle anything, but still want to stay "me":?

Well drugs in the chemist are pretty cheap. Like codeine is affordable compared to the US and going to the doctors to get a script is easy.

For example whilst in the US I had a very normal medical issue. I paid $120 to see a GP and $80 for the medication he prescribed. In Australia as long as you qualified for medicare the GP won't cost anything, literally $0 and the medication would be about $20 AU (Your Honours - mods; you will note I did not mention the medication at all hence I think I've skirted the pricing discussion rule)

So yes going to the doctor and getting standard medications for cough migranes, cough back problems is cheap and easy.

Now street drugs.

For hard-drugs the best place to find a connection is to look up the clinics that supply methadone and suboxone. You'll find a great deal of the clientele still have their connections and will find it funny that an out of town yank(ee) is looking to get on. Its a courtesy to give em a shot/give em some of whatever they hook you up with though, and a good way to test it (on them) to ensure its not dodge.

For soft drugs like cannabis I would recommend skater parks. I once found a great connect in the blue mountains, hanging around a public fountain in a large town the were a bunch of grunge/goth types (hey it was the 90s) and it turned out everyone was waiting for the dealer to arrive. Well wheel turning I decided to buy out the dealer entire supply, sell to his customers and then come home with my almost paid for ounce - that was after having a big smoke hanging on the edge of a cliff overlooking the blue mountain national park as the sun was setting.

Otherwise it depends on if you'll be working or at school/uni. If your at school/uni you'll quickly find connections otherwise if its work I would recommend that you hold off until your certain about someone.