• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Bl friend passed away. Never knew his Username.

knightworrier

Bluelighter
My friend of 10 years joined BL about 2/5 years ago. He was someone that loved his r/chemicals. I am trying to find out through friends what his name was. He was having some mental health problems and hiding them well. He called a crisis line to get help and they told him to go for a walk. He climbed a small mountain and ''fell'' No body knows how or why. He did not survive and I am sure others who have spoken to him would miss him dearly. He was kind and smart.
He passed away in January 2016 at 1am. Rescuers could not get to him and it was many hours he stayed alive on the side of the cliff.
The only comforting thing I can say is when mountain climbers got to him he smiled.
Rest in Peace Daniel.

Not sure where to put this as I have no clue what his username was.

Thanks. NW:(

I am so sorry, knightworrier. Thank you for making this difficult thread.

I have asked other staff to take a look and suggest where best to put this until we can find a user name and get it to the shrine. Hopefully someone else here may know his BL name and can help us out. In the meantime we can leave this here or move to TDS if that feels right to you.

Sorry for your lost.

Is it possible to get some further information - What country, region, approx age, what subjects he was into discussing any references he may have made about this site etc.

Real names are not often such a great starting point as many people use their usernames.

I think until we get some further information this thread would be better off in Homeless.

Knightworrier, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's passing. It's always sad to read about a fellow Bluelighter's untimely death and that he struggled tragically. My heart goes out to you and all who knew Daniel! <3

Not sure if I can post here, I haven't been homeless since I was eight. But come close every month, see name. Anyway, OP I'm so sorry to hear that. If it's any comfort, I was a nurse a while back. Surprisingly, not for diversion. Just being a hundred pound girl on an open gery psych unit-read violent, confused, and incontinent-sorta reached my breaking point when a 400 schizophrenic woman threw me out the window, landing half a block away, in front of the most ghetto barbershop imaginable, on a street the hospital wasn't even on. Oh, and I was written up for this "unapproved break" lol. So, laugh at my misfortune, but remember this: I've seen very few people die smiling, if there were downers in his system, he died happy, and he died before his brain could process what happened. Plis, he likely died doing something he loved. Sorry for the long post, I'm waiting for "fifteen minutes" in dealer time. Literally crocheted half a blanket. Is there some time zone within mine I'm unaware of?

Did you ever try to help him? If you did then I'm sorry for your loss.

Because I have friends like that too :) They won't bother trying to help (even though they know how I feel) but I'm sure sure they will be "sad/mourning" when I'm gone :).... I still can't believe that I spent 8 years fucking years with them.....

I'm so Sorry For Your Loss.. speaks volumes of your character to open up and post about it