Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

ALD-52 / 12-16ug - Quitting Coffee with Microdosing

Love Potion

Bluelighter
Age- 27 Male
Set & Setting- First 2 experiments were in my normal working environment, third experiment on the weekend hiking with friends.
Substance- 12-15ug ALD-52

Psychedelics carry an amazing power, even in sub threshold amounts. Very recently the legality of psychedelic research has been changed. We are in a time where legal psychedelic research has been resumed, specifically to study the theraputic effects of Psilocybin and LSD. This is fascinating, the ban on psychedelic research has been lifted and in this lifetime we are seeing through scientific research the true mechanisms of these substances.

I have ingested 12-15ug of ALD-52 in the morning every third day for the last nine days. These specific blotters are white with the name of the chemical (ALD-52) and dose (125ug) printed on one side and parts of the molecular structure printed on the other side. I divided the blotter into nine equal parts by cutting it into three strips and then cut each of those into 3 equal parts. 125ug divided by 9 = 13.8ug. Every third morning either before or after breakfast and always within an hour of waking up I place the tiny square of paper under my tongue. Within a few minutes the paper softens and my mouth salivates more than usual, I find this is a good time to roll the piece of paper around with my tongue and gently chew it with my front teeth until it is too soggy to do anything else with. I then swallow the little bits and pieces. I can taste something ever so subtle in these. Might just be the ink on the paper or the paper itself.

My first time ever taking this substance was last Monday before work. I had a good nights rest. Upon waking up I ate some toast and eggs before placing the paper under my tongue. I went to the local coffee shop where the highest quality coffee is served by the cutest baristas in town. I ordered my usual 12oz latte and headed home. The barista and I held a steady conversation while maintaining pleasant eye contact. I live for these interactions. When I made it back I felt a bit of extra adrenaline and excitement. I usually get excited before drinking my coffee because of how much I love coffee and the morning ritual of procuring it.

About an hour after ingestion the effects were beginning to manifest in a subtle but noticeable way. This is when something very important happened. I was feeling well when my father called me to ask me something about taxes. I offered my full attention to his clear and concise words, all while continuing to get ready for work. While we were talking I reached for my coffee cup to take a sip as it slipped out of my hand and spilled all over the floor. I said out loud, "Fuck, that is the price to pay for trying to talk on the phone, finish getting ready for work and drink hot coffee all at once." I was disappointed to have spilled this lovely beverage, something I've been dependent upon for sometime now. I told my dad what happened and that I need to call him back. Luckily the mess was contained to the kitchen alone which could not have been an easier place to mop. No stains, no problem. Instead of using a bucket to ring the mop into, I filled the bathtub with a little water and used that. Outstanding how only two small shots of espresso mixed with milk is enough to dye several gallons of water dark brown. I wondered where all the colors of the food we eat go? I was glad to have spilled my coffee, without the caffeine I could gauge what this stuff is really made of. My body and mind were expecting their usual caffeine buzz but instead they got something special. Todays catch was that infamous ALD-52.

I rode my bike along the beach path towards work, listening to some music through a bluetooth speaker, admiring the sunny morning and the freedom that riding a bicycle grants. I work at a French Patisserie. It is an easy job with no surprises and all of the staff get along famously. The most organized business model I've witnessed to date. We make and sell some of the highest quality French Croissants and Pastries in the world. No really, people from all over the world say the Almond Croissants are better than those they've had in Bordeaux. I am filled with gratitude to work around such creations of passion. The Head Chef and Baker are French sorcerers, having dedicated their lives to this mastery and now successfully own and operate a great business.

While working in this tight space things can become a little stuffy and claustrophobic. We move in rhythm with each other and use a lot of body language to communicate. Todays experiement left me feeling more comfortable in my own skin. I was able to accomplish many small tasks in a short period of time with little effort and most notably without any coffee. When noon rolled around I just kept moving, no signs of caffeine withdrawal. The day was never hi-jacked by any caffeine headache or mid afternoon caffeine crash. This is when I realized the experiment was paying off. Although I do not suffer from any sort of real addiction or depressive thought processes, I know there is room in my attitude and outlook on life for improvement. This was proving to give that little push I needed to stay present and alert, a subtle but helpful therapeutic advantage even for a "normal" person working a "normal" job.

The positive effects of taking this chemical at this dose in these intervals is wonderful. I have yet to notice any negative side effects. Very different than a full on psychedelic experience. It would be difficult to quantify the difference, because while I do believe powerful psychedelic experiences have powerful transformative qualities, that isn't what a microdose is for. With this small amount of chemical the effects are "sub perpetual". What minor effects are noticed seem to feel very normal. The most notable effects are increased energy, heightened cognitive abilities and there is an ever so slight sense of well being but I would not call it euphoria. It is incomparable to other, more legal and tested pharmaceuticals. Unlike prescribed stimulants there isn't any rush or sense of urgency nor is there any appetite suppression. Indeed I noticed food tastes good and eating is pleasurable as usual. A feeling of being upbeat that falls somewhere along the lines of stimulation but with a calming charm. I described the feeling to a friend as being, "clear headed like after a very good nights sleep, energized like having a healthy breakfast, and uplifted like I do after having really good sex."
The feeling of satisfaction is perpetuated by accomplishing small tasks and thinking clearly. These experiments have allowed me to overcome my dependency to coffee which paradoxically lead to a strong sense of accomplishment. Originally I never had any plans to use this to quit drinking coffee, it just sort of happened that way. I suppose this is the path I needed to take in order to come to a more finite conclusion and understanding of my own inner workings. It worked on a chemical level as it curved the dreaded caffeine withdrawal symptoms. It also works on a psychological level, allowing me to better understand why I do the things I do. The little editor in my mind was removed. l am more in control of my actions and less nervous and anxious even during the in between days of microdosing. The latter having more to do with not drinking coffee more than anything.

I plan on continuing this micro dosing regime of 12-15ugs every three days unless negative side effects are noticed. By doing it this way, one 125ug blotter paper will last 27 days, and ten 125ug blotter papers will last 270 days.

Thanks for reading and don't go chasing Unicorns.

substancecode_ald52
substancecode_lysergamides
explevel_experienced
roacode_sublingual
exptype_positive

Last edited by a moderator:
I love microdosing! ;)

I usually do volumetric dosing on lysergamides microdosing as its easier to dose right due to inconsistency of blotters layed out. So I recommend to use a known amount of distilled water (absolutely no tap water!) and to simply place your blotter in it and cover tightly and let it sit for a day or so. Then using clean glass pipette you can drop exactly the right amount you want easily. I am sure the stability will be reduced when in water, but then again, I've never dissolved more than one hit at a time which would be gone usually in a week or two :)

Thanks for the advice Volsam, that would be an even more precise method.

Just an update: Went over 20 days without any coffee or any kind of craving for it while continuing to microdose every 3-4th day.
This week I decided to have some while at work. The effects of the caffeine are better then before, tolerance has disappeared. The effects are also slightly different now though, and I am pretty convinced that being stimulated by all these microdoses has changed the way my body processes caffeine.

I like this, but I don't put things under my tongue, I just chew it or leave it in my cheek for a while and then chew.
for coffee, my daughter got me an aero-press. it's fantastic. gonna make one now. later on, maybe some ald-52 for movie night.

Nice write up, man.

I have also tried microdosing, just today, actually, for the first time.

Overall it was a pleasant experience. I noticed it was easier for me to get into the flow of things and not dwell or overthink.

My real challenge is not becoming reliant on the stuff, hahahaha.

Years ago I tried microdosing psychedelics. At first I was using 5-meo-mipt then I tried using amt. I don't remember the doses I used but they were tiny. Just barely enough to only produce ever so slight threshold effects.

It worked brilliantly for the first few weeks. I felt better overall, more energy, less anxiety, clearer thoughts, finely tuned senses etc. However, after a few weeks I noticed I was becoming increasingly on edge more and generally more irritable so I stopped.

You may have more luck with LSD like compounds than I did with amt or 5-meo-mipt. I was also microdosing daily... That may have been a mistake. I may have been better off dosing every three days or so like you.

I've done microdosing a bit too, with different substances (e.g. mushrooms and LSA seeds). However, it definitely enhanced my creativity and non-linear thought throughout the day without producing any visuals or trip like effects. I also found myself feeling extremely insightful, and the dreams after microdosing have often been incredibly vivid and fascinating. One time, I had an incredible lucid dream while microdosing. I definitely would be interested in microdosing again, but I haven't done it in quite a while. I also found that it allowed me to meditate much more deeply than usual and meditation was very different than usual.

I have no idea about microdosing not for me but i got to say you do sound very artistic? I dont know the right word i take stims to do technical stuff. You sound like when i listen to my favorite artists talk. It has alot of detail and stuff I wouldnt think to pay attention too. Pretty cool.