View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

6 Years Post-LSD... (Long Story)

Psy_2k

Greenlighter
Hello all, there may be a lot of stories which are similar to mine in some ways, but I really feel the need to share this with you and hope to find some guidance or reassurance. Maybe you'll find something useful too.

About 6 years ago, in February of 2011, I took LSD for the first (and only) time with my best friend and his brother, at their place. It was a bad trip, the worst (and most traumatic) experience of my life. I thought/felt like I was going to die that night. When the trip started to take place, it felt like my heart got stabbed by a knife. I can still feel the scar from that psychedelic/emotional wound, to this day. A few hours in, I had a full-blown panic attack. Once I started to lose it, I jolted out of there, my friend chased after me to no avail, I got into my car and drove back home.

Once home, I went into my parents' room and my dad drove me to the ER. So, I spent the 2nd half of this terrifying trip in the hospital. I recall assaulting a few of the people working there while tripping out. While at the ER, I remember thinking something along the lines of how "I must be dead and maybe this is purgatory..." Obviously, they stuck some IV-needles or something into my arms, in order to calm me down. Although, I tried to take them out and ended up making my arms bleed in the process.

Next morning, I woke up with these bloody scars all over my arms. Which healed/went away after a couple of weeks.

For the following few months, I kept going back to my friend's place, maybe in a state of shock and denial. We smoked up a lot of cannabis every day in this period. Probably not a smart choice, in hindsight.

Then, near the beginning of June 2011, I had some kind of nervous breakdown or psychotic meltdown/episode. Everything just exploded, I went really ballistic on people, social media, got into a bad fight with my (ex-)best friend because I blamed him for what happened that night. 'Cause I think he should've warned me about the potential risks and dangers of LSD, and I feel like he tricked me into taking it by saying something stupid like "if you take this, you'll sleep like an angel". Right before taking acid, I remember thinking how this would be like getting high on weed, just much better... Anyways, needless to say that we're not talking anymore and we've drifted apart.

So, this period of "temporary psychosis" lasted for that whole summer and maybe some parts of the fall, then it started to wind down.

From around December 2011 to September 2012, I went into a seriously dark and chronic depression. 10-12 hour nightmares every night, constant suicidal and self-critical thoughts during the day, could barely take care of myself... thank god my family was there, otherwise I don't know how I would've made it out alive. I went to see a psychiatrist and she diagnosed me with "major depressive disorder", which was the only diagnosis I ever received and never went to see another psychiatrist since then 'cause getting labeled sucks. She prescribed me some anti-depressants, which I took for a month but then stopped 'cause they weren't really doing much.

In the years since all these "negative" events, I've been to therapy for 3-4 years, seen 3 different therapists, tried Gestalt, CBT, and EMDR (for anyone who's familiar with these). My life is somewhat functional these days, but I haven't really gone back to being fully recovered yet; I don't know if I'll ever quite feel like how I used to feel Pre-LSD => normal, happy, blissful. I still struggle with occasional mild depression, I get quite anxious when interacting socially with new/unfamiliar people, and probably display symptoms similar to a PTSD patient. Even though it could be a lot worse, I want to get better.

There has been 1 other instance of tripping out - on shrooms, in November 2015 in Amsterdam, at my brother's place, which actually was quite amazing. It was a light potency dose and I felt a lot more in control and aware of what I was getting myself into this time.

But I still feel like it hasn't really "fixed" me. I've tried almost everything at this point, from therapy to meditation, talking about it with friends, eating healthy, exercising regularly, reading/studying psychology-mind-consciousness-spirituality... but I don't know how to put this shit behind me, that trip still haunts me to this day. And it's getting exhausting, 5-6 years of this is ridiculous, sorry if I'm ranting or complaining too much.

The main psycho-somatic illness/manifestation which shows up in relation to this is excessive belching after eating meals. I have this constant urge to burp very loudly and stomach gas/air tends to accumulate every time I eat something. I never had this problem prior to taking LSD, so I'm sure that there's some correlation. I think that this psycho-somatic illness will go away when I'm fully recovered, if that day ever comes.

Questions:
1. Would taking LSD again be a good idea? If I had a good trip on LSD, would it be able to "undo" the damage caused by the first bad trip?
2. Do you have any other advice, suggestions, thoughts? Is there something else I may be missing?

TL;DR - Took LSD in 2011, bad/traumatic trip, nervous breakdown a few months later, followed by chronic depression lasting 9-10 months. Around 6 years later, still not fully recovered... please help.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Sorry you had a bad time. Sounds like you were totally unprepared for psychedelics. I actually would recommend trying again, this time go out to the forest or beach with a trusted friend with psychedelic experience.

Sometime there are things that never heal. I remember experiencing major TERROR on cannabis 8 years ago. After that I was not normal (in the way life was impossible) for months. It got to a tolerable level for 5 years, then I got over the PTSD. Today I can say I'm "normal", but it made a major U-Turn in my life. Actually I kicked myself for accomplishing some dream of mine, and all turned for the better. Reexperiencing hard drugs 5 years after the event is too something wich made myself to get over it.

Thank you guys for the valuable feedback.

@protovack: Yea, you're right on how I was unprepared. Well, I discussed it with my brother just now (who's also done psychedelics) and he actually thinks it would be a terrible idea for me to do acid again... 'cause he says there's a risk that it could make things worse and that it's not the solution to my problems... I still feel that it wouldn't hurt to try, but maybe he's right - "better safe than sorry".

@no_id: Sorry, but not sure if I understood what you said. At the beginning, you say how somethings never heal. But then, in the end you say how re-doing hard drugs 5 years after your traumatic event helped you get over it, right? Would you mind elaborating on your story or how exactly you "got over the PTSD"? It would be very helpful and appreciated.

Yeah man I wouldn't do acid again if I were you. You won't be able to cancel out the bad trip with another trip. That said I think you'd handle it better, but I think you're better off not doing it. I go to therapy and we are advised to make a gratitude list. It helps improve your mood. Sounds corny but every night right what you're grateful for and you will feel better. Also have you considered asking a doctor about medical cannabis for PTSD?? I know they prescribe it for that in my state. Sorry if i'm not very helpful.

Yeah man I wouldn't do acid again if I were you. You won't be able to cancel out the bad trip with another trip. That said I think you'd handle it better, but I think you're better off not doing it. I go to therapy and we are advised to make a gratitude list. It helps improve your mood. Sounds corny but every night right what you're grateful for and you will feel better. Also have you considered asking a doctor about medical cannabis for PTSD?? I know they prescribe it for that in my state. Sorry if i'm not very helpful.

Alright cool, thanks man for pitching in with a 2nd opinion. What you said makes sense and you're probably right.

Well, that's not a bad idea about the gratitude list/journal, guess I could give it a try... I don't think it's possible to get medical cannabis here (in Italy). Fwiw, after the trip, smoking weed makes me a bit paranoid and doesn't relax or mellow me out like it used to. Probably because I also smoked weed while tripping the 1st time...

Anyways, you were very helpful! Every little bit helps! Cheers.

Look into taking probiotics to improve the good bacteria in your digestive tract (gut). An imbalance there can cause depression, anxiety, and gas, bloating,etc. Also read up on something called "h.pylori" and get tested for it.

Wouldn't it be great if fixing your gut health changes your life for the better? I pray it's the answer you've been looking for.

Slightly similar situation to me. Did LSD my first and only time 2 and a half years ago. Insanely terrifying and traumatic trip. Just like you, most traumatic thing I have ever experienced and probably ever will experience. Felt off for several months afterward and I'm still not the same as my "pre-LSD" self to this day. I also have had problems with depression and anxiety, and I think psychedelic experiences have the potential to be intensely traumatic for people with those mental illnesses. At what point did you come to accept the fact you'd never be the same again? If you haven't accepted that yet, that may be your problem. I did some deep introspection in the months/first year after the trip, and was able to identify the differences I perceived in myself. After about 2 months, I still didn't feel right so I made a mental pact with myself and just accepted it. I told myself that there is no point in staying caught up with this event in my life since I thought about it every single hour of every day. It took over my mind. Very physical feelings too, like my ears being extremely sensitive to small noises where I'd flinch at a door shutting, and my brain feeling swollen like it was pressing against my skull. I came to accept that I need to learn to live with my new self, and that's what I have done. Do I regret taking LSD? No. I actually many more depression problems before LSD than I do now. Used to self harm and all that. Not anymore. I felt I had a new purpose after I integrated my terrifying experience.

I learned to quit all psychoactive substances for a period of time. No alcohol, pot, caffeine, anything. Although now, I still occasionally smoke and drink. I now have a real fear of taking medications and any substances since my mind has become obsessed with changes in its perception. If my doctor prescribes me anything I do the most research on it I can possible to see the risks since now my mind has become obsessed with the possibility of things going wrong, like for example this Sumatriptan I'm prescribed for migraine/cluster headaches, happens to be a chemical analog of N,N-DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, and Bufotenine. I actually haven't even tried taking it for my migraines because I fear how it will affect me mentally and may trigger a panic attack.

@Psy_2K : I was just saying all the story had a huge impact in my life. I don't know "what I would be" without what happened as of today. I can see myself "cured" now (as I experience 0% difficulty coming directly from this story) but probably not "sane" or "100% normal" as I was before the event.

The pure anxiety after the cannabis event stayed with me for 6 months. After that, there is 5 years where I didn't touch any drugs, there was still this internal fear.
Near the 5 years mark, I was in a good moment of my life, doing what I like and stuff. I began to be interested again in drugs, and new name popped everywhere in forums I was still registered in at this time : MXE, 3mmc... I began re-experimenting with them, especially MXE. My first hole (and seeing I suffered no ill effect after the intake) cured myself from the rest of PTSD wich was still in myself.
Ie : Ive at this time no ill effect (no anxiety, no concentration problem, I'm able to do things without saying to myself "something is lacking") but I can sense in some way I would not be the guy I'm like now without all this story. Not sure if positive or negative, I liked myself how I was before too lol. But this is perhaps an effect of aging too. 6 or 7 years gone in illness or semi illness...

Sometime I sense like the main problem Ive now is interpretative : in fact, there is at least 5 years (or at the very least 1 years) of my life that I can't interpret in "normal" way : I was fucked up, sick, anxiety ridden. I have hard time to "Contextualize" these years, hard time to include it in the "real story of my life"
Ive hard time to explain myself, sorry I'm not english native speaker.

Last edited:
This sounds like a hard experience, it sounds like your mind or your psychology at the time just wasn't wired right for LSD, the extent of your reaction and symptoms are such that I think even with better preparation it's not a guarantee that this wouldn't have happened.

My first suggestion, not from experience, but just in my considered opinion, would just be to keep on trying at therapy... although they might not get it right straight away and some will be better than others, these people are still mental health professionals and the more you try the higher the chance of finding something or someone that is able to to help you. Secondly, and you hopefully know this already and it probably goes without saying, but keep up the basic things for good mental and physical well-being, these being diet, exercise, and trying to stay occupied. As has been stated also, cut out ALL psychoactive substances for at least a couple of months and see how you go.

My other suggestion, and this is likely really hit and miss and will not work for everyone, but is based on my own experience... have you tried or considered trying any nootropics? ie, Piracetam, Noopept as examples of the basic, fairly benign ones, phenylpiracetam, modafinil for the ones with a more perceptible physical effect that probably need to be cycled to avoid tolerance issues. Again it is not for everyone but I always like to mention this to people because although the actual benefits of these substances are dubious, and I fully admit, for me at least, placebo may have played a big part in the scale of the benefit I experienced, but these class of substances (the more conventional 'racetam nootropics) really did help me to lift myself out of a lengthy period of apathy and depression that had gone on for probably 8 years or so... it wasn't PTSD admittedly, but maybe it is worth a try.

Dont let it get to you, you are okay! ❤️☺️

In the years since all these "negative" events, I've been to therapy for 3-4 years, seen 3 different therapists, tried Gestalt, CBT, and EMDR (for anyone who's familiar with these). My life is somewhat functional these days, but I haven't really gone back to being fully recovered yet; I don't know if I'll ever quite feel like how I used to feel Pre-LSD => normal, happy, blissful. I still struggle with occasional mild depression, I get quite anxious when interacting socially with new/unfamiliar people, and probably display symptoms similar to a PTSD patient. Even though it could be a lot worse, I want to get better.

There has been 1 other instance of tripping out - on shrooms, in November 2015 in Amsterdam, at my brother's place, which actually was quite amazing. It was a light potency dose and I felt a lot more in control and aware of what I was getting myself into this time.

But I still feel like it hasn't really "fixed" me. I've tried almost everything at this point, from therapy to meditation, talking about it with friends, eating healthy, exercising regularly, reading/studying psychology-mind-consciousness-spirituality... but I don't know how to put this shit behind me, that trip still haunts me to this day. And it's getting exhausting, 5-6 years of this is ridiculous, sorry if I'm ranting or complaining too much.

The main psycho-somatic illness/manifestation which shows up in relation to this is excessive belching after eating meals. I have this constant urge to burp very loudly and stomach gas/air tends to accumulate every time I eat something. I never had this problem prior to taking LSD, so I'm sure that there's some correlation. I think that this psycho-somatic illness will go away when I'm fully recovered, if that day ever comes.

Questions:
1. Would taking LSD again be a good idea? If I had a good trip on LSD, would it be able to "undo" the damage caused by the first bad trip?
2. Do you have any other advice, suggestions, thoughts? Is there something else I may be missing?

TL;DR - Took LSD in 2011, bad/traumatic trip, nervous breakdown a few months later, followed by chronic depression lasting 9-10 months. Around 6 years later, still not fully recovered... please help.

Thank you in advance.

I will start out by saying this: how you let it affect you is totally up to you. It helps to expect it and know about it before it hits you, but your friend might not have ever had that experience, wasnt familiar with it, and didnt know what was going on either! I know youre kinda mad because you feel your friend was to blame, and while this traumatic experience isnt extremely common, it does happen to some of us on LSD. Im sorry you had to go through that. It is a pivotal moment indeed.

That anxious, terrifying moment you experienced right before you stopped thinking logically could have only been for a few seconds if you were able to talk yourself out of the craziness/know you would come back to normal and let go, or for up to a few hours until you start to come down if youre unable to break the thought loops...its the step before we experience the phenomenon known as ego death. How it goes for you depends on the dose, your personal phychadelic experience, and your knowledge about the effects of LSD on your brain and thinking patterns.

I experienced it for the first time last October, on 3 tabs (300mics) of some beautiful LSD. This was my 12-15th time tripping, so I was sure I had lots of personal experience, enough to trip sit while tripping myself, which I had done before and had a giggly, wonderful time. However, I had never had a bad trip before or witnessed anyone else have one - but this was only my second time trying this specific acid, and the first time I had tried it, I only took 1.

Everything was fine, hanging out, having fun, greats vibes...until my bf, who had taken 2 this time (this was his second time ever tripping, last time he took only 1 with me to know what its like), started asking if he would be okay, if he was dying, or if he was ever going to be the same.

Logically I knew we would be, but then I started asking the same questions as him. I could no longer think straight, and began to lose my ability to communicate. I was no longer thinking for myself. I was sucked into it immediately. We had a sober friend and a friend on only one tab, both in their right minds, there to help us - if we didnt, we could have hurt ourselves very badly. I was trying to escape the apartment, shaking, seeing flashing light in my entire field of vision almost like a strobe light, my thoughts were going in repetitive loops, I was overheating and sweating profusely. I couldnt escape, and I was too afraid to let go, because I wasnt familiar with the experience.

Eventually, after fighting the separation of my self (ego) from my physical body the entire time it was happening, I came down. Long and short of it, I tried to get naked because I was convinced I was overheating to death, I was dumping water everywhere trying to get a drink because I thought I was dying of dehydration, and I was trying to rip my blinds down to see outside because I was convinced we were dying in every possible physical way, and we were going insane, and there were police and ambulances everywhere outside even though there wasnt a soul out there at 3 am. I was a nut job. I was talking to myself, whispering, speaking BACKWARDS, hearing voices, shouting out random numbers, colors and letters, etc. I have no history of serious mental illness, only social anxiety and some anxiety when I smoke too much weed. My anxiety was very manageable on a regalar basis, without medication (they tried to put me on SIX different anxiety medications and antidepressants at the psych ward back when I was suicidal, and taking them, I felt like a zombie - so now I just smoke occasionally, once Im home for the night or done with my responsibilities for the day).

Well, after this nightmare of a trip, which I never expected, my anxiety was at an all time high, for over a month. I never wanted to touch acid again. I was terrified. But some part of me knew there was a reason I felt like it could be the answer to my problems - Im not saying it is for YOU, everyone is different. But if what Im about to say makes sense to you personally, then maybe think about it for a while and see how you feel.

I tripped again recently. Just one tab. I did lots of research about my terrifying experience, and found that it was indeed the step right before we experience ego death - so this time, I set my mind to letting go instead of fighting it. Its not insanity you are experiencing - its losing yourself, or your idea of who you really are, for a short period - and once you realize that you are safe and will come back, you are able to let go and experience pure bliss. Pure love. You become one with everything, and everyone. You become part of a collective experience. You realize that as conscious beings of love and light, we are all connected. We are one in the same. And we all return eventually someday to the state from which we began. It is a beautiful moment. And since that moment, I have felt completely sane, whole, and at peace.

Now, some people get great abundance and joy from this experience. But I have heard/read that it makes some people so completely affluent and depressed, because they realize everything is perception and nothing really matters - but for me personally, it was the answer to my problems. All of them.

I almost feel as if I no longer have some deep rooted anger within me, which I never even recognized having until it was gone. I always thought I was such a kind, caring loving person - until now. I realize that I wasnt.

It showed me all of my flaws, and made me realize why I dont have to live my life the way I have been living it previously.

An experience like this strips away all that is NOT - all which is untrue of who you REALLY are inside, not who you THINK you are or who your ego has become. All that is left behind is what is truly YOU. ❤️☺️

I have become a vegetarian, lost 27 pounds (i was pretty overweight), become less weak-minded and 100% confident in myself, no longer assume that others are judging me in public, and I believe that I can do basically whatever I set my mind to (within reason ;)).

Lastly, I believe the reason that this could help is because there are pathways within your brain that open upon taking LSD that we cannot normally access (unless through YEARS to a LIFETIME of meditation and spiritual practices). It is closed off to us. But if you were to open it again and experience those precious moments in a positive way, I believe it could help.

If you are more scared of having to go through that anxiety and terror again than you think its worth, then heres what I would take from your experience:

LSD is just a drug. It is a chemical. It doesnt HOLD the answers you need, YOU do - and it does not have any more power over you than you give to it.

I believe that through a deep, hard think about yourself and where you are in your life, you can succeed and be who you want to be. You dont have to let your thoughts or any negative emotions rule your decisions!!! Acid isnt the answer, its a tool to possibly find them - but I believe that with a healthy lifestyle and a clear mind, and as much time as you need, you will overcome these thoughts and obstacles.

You are sane, you are whole, you are beautiful. Nobody can tell you your experience, only YOU can do that - so the only person who can choose if doing LSD again is right for you is YOU! Trust yourself, KNOW your soul, and go with your gut.

I hope this helps!! ❤️❤️❤️

Last edited:
Hey,

I think you should try to not want to feel the same as you were before, even if you preferred the state of mind you had back then. Wanting so bad to feel in a particular way is maybe part of your problem right now ?

You said you tried meditation but do you know about vipassana meditation ? It gave me good tools to integrate psychedelics experiences and it may help you to cope with / accept your current issue and beginning to actually use it to progressively improve your state of mind.

I wish you the best.

Edit : If you haven't yet, look into the Dark Night definition related to meditation and psychedelics.

Last edited:
Hi all, thanks for the lovely replies and hope it's not a problem if I update this thread now.

So, to put it briefly, I decided to re-take LSD a few days ago on Sept. 7th. Now, I took a variant called 1p-LSD which is obtainable legally in some European countries (including mine obviously - Italy). From what I've gathered and experienced, the effects are pretty much indistinguishable from regular LSD-25. Also, I took this nootropic/anxiolytic substance called Phenibut along with it, 1 hour before tripping.

Timeline of trip:
  • Took 0.5 grams of Phenibut at 14:00.
  • Took half a tab (50ug) of 1p-LSD at 15:00.
  • Trip started to take effect, come-up around 16:00-16:30.
  • Went outside for a walk around my neighborhood/park area, from 17:00-18:00.
  • Came back home and I could feel the "waves" hitting me.
  • From here till like 4-4:30 am, I was tripping in my room, on my bed, by myself, listening to some psychedelic therapy playlist I found on Spotify (and some other music).
  • Afterwards, fell asleep, and woke up next morning at around 11 am, feeling more refreshed and peaceful than I've ever felt in a long time.
  • Overall experience - amazing, the most incredible thing I've ever felt.
Before tripping, I did a lot of research and preparation going into it. I read how taking Phenibut before LSD can make the trip a bit more "easy-going" because it reduces the anxiety and fear that you may feel usually. They seem to be synergetic and almost guarantee that you'll have a good trip. The only downside may be that it takes away from the visual effects or hallucinations, but I could definitely see the colors shifting around in my room, along with the crazy geometrical patterns and vibrations everywhere. Personally, I preferred it this way and I don't think that I would have re-taken LSD without the Phenibut...

I preferred to take the trip by myself because I didn't want anyone to interfere with the experience and maybe it turned out better this way, also 'cause I'm somewhat of an introverted person. I did stay in touch with 3 of my best friends through WhatsApp (during the trip), just in case, and that actually enhanced the experience 'cause I felt euphoric and was LMAO at times.

Also, some takeaways that I got from the trip are some insights, which I'm still trying to fully grasp 'cause there was a lot (and I wrote most of them down), and this feeling/knowledge of how "all is one, one love, everything is connected". It's a reassuring kind of mystical (?) experience that gave me some inner peace which is hard to describe accurately. But it's freaking amazing, lol.

So, it's been only 3-4 days now since the trip, but I can already feel how it's had a noticeable impact on my life. I feel more confident, out-going, energetic, active, with a more positive outlook on life. Also, it seems like it somehow "un-did" the negative experience that I had from the 1st trip from 8 years ago... like I think my PTSD symptoms are gone, but I still have some lingering anxiety. Even though, it seems much reduced and a lot more manageable now.

I'm not exactly sure if this is some form of "after-glow, come-down" effect of the LSD, or if this is actually a permanent change that will carry me on throughout the rest of my life. I'm hoping and thinking that it's the latter.

Anyways, I really am grateful for all the responses that you guys have provided. I don't want to single anyone out necessarily, but I must say that the lengthy response provided by LucyDulci, along with insights from Cudi and no_id, have perhaps given me that impetus or push to re-try LSD. And I'm glad that I did, thank goodness it turned out well.

Thank you all and much love. <3

TL;DR - 1st LSD (bad) trip in 2011, messed me up psychologically for years with PTSD, anxiety and depression. Re-took LSD with Phenibut, 8 years later, amazingly good trip, feel like everything is fine/better now. And hopefully, will get even better in the near/long-term future. ;)

Last edited:
^Hey, nice of you that you posted an update.

I myself never had problems with psychedelics, but I went psychotic when abusing 3-MeO-PCP a few years ago. On the first year I thought I could never get better, or I was still so confused that I didn't really even think about it. Nowadays I feel mostly myself, but I think these experiences change you for sure. Psychosis is a lot different than getting high on drugs, even tripping on ego-death doses, astral projection or anything like that. Psychosis is fucking scary and it surely is traumatic. But I think human body and brain is amazing, and even people after serious car accidents etc. can heal in wondrous ways.

I'm happy you had a nice trip and feel better. These things are something that most people have no idea about and words can't convey.

I never took 1P-LSD, but I have taken LSD many times and had probably my strongest trip on AL-LAD, which is an LSD analog

Last edited:
It may well have been LSD, or any number of compounds, given the year taken.
Was it on a blotter?

You’ve tried therapy, add yoga (check youtube to start) - it is amazing for mind/body and I maintain it healed my digestive and depressive issues.

I would stay away, or continue with low dose shrooms, or really look into microdosing with 1cP-LSD or equiv.
Sounds like a horrible experience but I hope you will cone out stronger, no matter how long it takes.

I like the attitude of gratitude approach mentioned above.
Best luck to you!
Ciao

It may well have been LSD, or any number of compounds, given the year taken.
Was it on a blotter?

You’ve tried therapy, add yoga (check youtube to start) - it is amazing for mind/body and I maintain it healed my digestive and depressive issues.

I would stay away, or continue with low dose shrooms, or really look into microdosing with 1cP-LSD or equiv.
Sounds like a horrible experience but I hope you will cone out stronger, no matter how long it takes.

I like the attitude of gratitude approach mentioned above.
Best luck to you!
Ciao
Sounds like a typical reaction to a high dose LSD tab, could of also been nbomb explaining the violence. The main issue here is that OP had a terrible set and setting before taking psychedelics for the first time with no information on the effects so when he felt like he was going to die (ego death) he resisted leading to a hellish nightmare trip.

OP If you encounter the same feelings in another trip play some calming music and just close your eyes and let go. Resisting ego death is what the caused the bad trip along with the terrible friend present and the setting

the half blotter dose should be your max.
It provides the special layered looseness without boxing you in.
Of course you have to learn to take yourself less seriously.

happy burping!