• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can having sever panic attacks during a comedown trigger a bad MDMA experience?

e_coydie

Greenlighter
Sorry if this seems like a stupid question! But it's important if I get some better insight.

Also English isn't my first language so sorry for any grammatical errors.

I first tried mdma back on New Year's Eve of 2017, bombed it and was a wonderful experience. I didn't really get a bad comedown, I just felt irritated but had a very positive afterglow for a couple of days that didn't interfere with my mood.

I did it again a bang on two weeks later (sniffed it this time, what a waste) but this time I had FAR too much and didn't remember a thing, all I remember is hallucinating vividly when I closed my eyes and randomly feeling quite sweaty (which led me to taking long breaks outside.)

I was ok for a day after, but I had fairly severe panic attacks for a couple of days starting on Tuesday and eventually ending on Friday. On the Tuesday it was so severe I took myself to A&E to get my blood pressure checked. Thankfully I was fine, but they warned me that the next few days would be a bit rough as well.

I took some 5-HTP which settled my mood quite well, but a little bit of anxiety did shine through (especially on public transport where it was noisy and crowded.)

So, it's the 13th of February. I haven't taken MDMA at all since the last time, also I feel mentally and physically great. I'm due to go to a house party with my close friends on the 25th, so taking MDMA again would be in my best interest. However, I remembered when I used to smoke weed frequently and get panic attacks. Even smoking a little bit in a positive environment would make me skitz out because of the panic attacks I used to have when I stopped smoking it.

Would I be ok to take MDMA again? Or is it a recipie for a bad time?

Only you will know this at the time of the party and what else your going to be taking. If your testing your MDMA, taking it in a safe place with trusted friends and you don't take too much or combine with anything that is likely to give you a sketchy experience then it shouldn't give you a rough time on the comedown.

I think that the majority of people that take MDMA have had some awful comedowns and experiences at some point - don't get too hung up on those experiences and look for the positives.

Honestly, if you're going to do more MDMA, ONLY DO MDMA.. with my experiences, other drugs just distract you from the full potential of the roll. If you're going to take anything else with it take some LSD about 2 hours before you do. I would say panic attacks would be normal because you're so anxious to feel that amazing feeling again.

Thankyou! I feel mentally prepared to take it, I'll start with a half this time and I have trusted friends that will look after me.

Also I never mix mdma with anything else. It's always that alone.

Honestly, if you're going to do more MDMA, ONLY DO MDMA.. with my experiences, other drugs just distract you from the full potential of the roll. If you're going to take anything else with it take some LSD about 2 hours before you do. I would say panic attacks would be normal because you're so anxious to feel that amazing feeling again.

Whilst LSD isn't necessarily bad advice (candy flip!) if you're getting anxiety I'd strongly advise against it. I remember having a bad roll once thanks to that combo ... the drums - it's was the drums! and my girlfriend was in a bad mood.

Fine for the other 400-500 rolls I did though.

I've been around for a minute. And in my experience which is considerable the most influential Factor of any psychedelic experience is one's State of Mind at the time it begins. If you're relaxed comfortable and happy the chances of your trip starting out and ending that way are much improved. However if you are apprehensive uncomfortable and unhappy the chances of your trip being an uncomfortable experience are a lot more likely. Psychedelics early weren't intended to improve and change ones existing perspective but rather intensify and expand it. Again this is only my opinion based on my experience. I do however always feel that I should warn people in case they are unaware that these effects can be permanent as I have been witness to that as well :-(
Personal note.
please don't think I'm bragging or take this is a badge of honor which I can assure you that it is not but I'm 56 years old and have partied over 40 years of that virtually daily and there's very little that I have not tried.