• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis buzz killed by OTC pain meds?

Remedy394

Greenlighter
Has anyone else heard the theory that otc pain-killers, specifically nsaids like ibuprofen, can decrease or eliminate the heady effects of marijuana?

I recently researched it after 2 months of experiencing little to no buzz when using via vaporizer. I have been taking way more advil/ibuprofen than I should (it has caused some damage). I'm not touching that stuff again.

I tried taking a break from the marijuana for a while to see if it was just an issue of tolerance. I was using a small amount in a vaporizer anywhere from 0-3 times a day for autoimmune symptom management and occasionally for rec.

Anyone else experience this? I've read plenty of articles about this but I've never met anybody who's actually experienced it. I'm not sure it is even what's going on with me, but the info seems pretty consistent with my experience. It sounds crazy.

Maybe your vaporiser isnt the greatest and try having a decent spliff or bucket bong.

Dont use any otc pain meds again if you really dont need to as youve already fucked your liver up. It regenerates somewhat but not completely.

As someone who doesn't overuse NSAIDs but has taken them regularly but infrequently, I find they just potentiate cannabis's analgesic and anti-inflammatory qualities. If OTC pain meds (specifically you mention Ibuprofen, which is my favourite) were ruining my buzz I would've been pissed.

The high from a vape is pretty mild. Maybe you have an inefficient vape and the OTCs are already covering what you were getting out of it anyways?

I agree with zephyr, try a more serious ROA for cannabis if you're into that and see if that changes anything. I vape, toke, and rip bong on OTCs and all seem to work for me, albeit vaping is less necessary of the three when already on NSAIDs.

Please. Spare. Your. Liver.

Interesting theory that I've never heard of before. I honestly never noticed anything when I took Tylenol or Alieve along with smoking back in my day. Then again, I never really had pain lol!