Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(LSD / ~350 µg) - Inexperienced - Mom Jeans Demon

GrangleGrog

Greenlighter
Hi there, first time poster here! I’ve been an avid user of psychedelics over the last ten years and have tripped 50+ times on mushrooms, LSD, MDMA, etc. I just wanted to share one of the more difficult and maddening phenomena that I encounter from time to time exclusively on LSD, and see if anyone has had any kind of similar experience or any advice for navigating this territory.
So the first time this happened I was 17, and it was my first real acid trip. Having previously only done a very light dose, a friend and I decided to dive in with 3 and a half tabs (~350mcg). The trip was absolutely life changing and euphoric for the first 6 or 7 hours, then when the sun went down I started having a strange sort of looping sensation in my thoughts where a repetitive string of nonsense syllables would latch on to them and prevent them from completing. This persisted for perhaps a half hour or so and was pretty scary for the duration, but it luckily subsided and I rode out the rest of the trip smoothly.

Fast forward to college, having done LSD perhaps 8 more times between the initial incident and this specific trip, I dosed ~200mcg on an empty stomach with a friend alone in his apartment, planning to listen to music, watch videos, etc for the afternoon, I.E. a fairly introspective yet not truly solo trip. After we dosed we put on the Animal Collective “movie” ODDSAC, which is essentially 45 minutes of chaotic psychedelic visuals and noise interspersed with songs laid over surreal scenes of people with weird masks on in nature. Within 25m I was certifiably high as fuck. I knew from previous experiences that was extremely fast for an onset and was immediately very uncomfortable with the speed at which this had happened. By the time the movie ended I was absolutely overwhelmed by the sensation I have described in the previous paragraph but this time it was amplified ten-fold. It felt like every single thought, every single thing I heard, everything I saw, had taken on this characteristic of a loop or phrase that could not quite complete itself, becoming truncated right before its completion, and thus totally avoiding description. The “words” had a character of being extremely silly, mocking, and childish, sinisterly coy in their evasion of my description. My ego was utterly drowning in this internal cacophony as my language center disintegrated into chaos. I didn’t express this to my trip partner as I had a strange fear it would make it worse, and I was fairly convinced I was going to spend the rest of my days sputtering in a mental hospital. Of course, the feeling gradually faded over the next 8 hours, but I was left shaken, and was much more cautious about LSD over the next little while.

Fast forward another 4 or so years to 2015, having done acid perhaps another 15 times with no incident, I was living in NYC with some friends who kept a vial of LSD in the fridge, and were very into the idea of solo, intentional trips, having achieved fantastic personal results themselves. I set out to do the same one bright summer day, I woke up, went to yoga, meditated in the morning, and was in a very good state of mind. I dosed what I thought was 3 drops from the vial, but in hindsight was probably closer to 5, likely ~600mcg due to my own carelessness. The onset of this trip was even faster than my previous encounter, I could not even finish the small pile of dishes I had set out to do immediately after dosing before I felt deeply unsettled and needed to go lie down. Immediately I was feeling shooting spasms of tingling energy through my bones and was tripping very hard. I had a playlist made of mostly classical music and reliably, within a few songs, the maddening looping non-words started to attach themselves to the music and thus my thoughts. I spent the next eight hours wrestling with what I have come to call the “Mom Jeans Demon”, as for some reason the characteristic of its mocking tendencies reminds me of cheesy 90’s sitcoms. As the feeling intensified the hallucination seemed to take on an almost physical manifestation, it almost felt like an entity trying to communicate/harass
me from another dimension. I had somewhat of a sense that it was like an object in space that I could observe from different angles, however maddening it was. During this trip I tried everything, fighting, letting go, submitting to ego-death, meditating, and nothing could deter the demon. For one brief moment the hallucinations finally coalesced and I seemed to break into what could only be described as heartrendingly beautiful ultimate reality, before collapsing into madness again for another 5 hours, with the symptoms gradually tapering off.

Since that trip I have had one more full blown encounter with the Mom Jeans Demon in practically the same setting albeit with a lower dose, and one slight encounter at the end of a long trip at Burning Man while trying to fall asleep. The only variable’s that I can tell contribute to this happening or not seem to be that it happens when the trip is much more introspective/ inactive. I have had acid trips at festivals in between this one that were extremely pleasurable and more what I expect from LSD. Despite the absolute terror of these experiences, the most intense one seemed to be teaching me a lesson to truly pay attention to everything in my life, and that I can never escape myself, which are both lessons I cherish deeply.

ANYWAYS, wondering if anyone has personally experienced or heard of this phenomena or anything like it, and if you have any idea how one may deal with it in the future!

TL;DR: Sometimes when I take a bunch of acid by myself I end up hanging out with an interdimensional looping demon that wears wom-jeans

BE GOOD

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_lsd
substancecode_lysergamides
explevel_inexperienced
exptype_positive
roacode_sublingual

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there and welcome!

Permission to slide this right on over to the Trip Reports section? It does for the most part include a trip report and you may still get advice there... though here in PD officially there is particular focus on psychedelics use.

I personally think that loops mostly occur if there is a lack of continuity in what you are experiencing based on what is going on externally and distorted internally. Like if you are walking through the park with different parts, it should be lessened since the change in scenery would help you to stay out of them. But relative sensory deprivation though not necessarily entirely, with monotonous input, may dissociate you from reality a lot more.
On stronger trips time and space can get warped a lot anyway, so the less there is to guide you the more warping there may be... if you are really intentionally having an internal experience and are not trying to think rationally, reflecting on and processing things so much then the dissociation and meditation are not necessarily as threatening. You would have different expectations and while you may still feel like you are 'leaving earth' it is not necessarily still as caught in it as in a loop.

Immersive experiences can be crazy, but as I also know from DMT, it is no good still putting a lot of effort in trying to comprehend things or holding on to things you just have going on inside your head. That usually ends up in chaos and loops etc. Letting go a lot more instead can still be crazy but not such a struggle as thought patterns not working out. You are better off not trying to think, then shit can just flow.

Yes total permission to move that over there, I guess my searches were not extensive enough to find that section in my noobitude. And indeed I agree with the being better off trying not to think, that has served my extremely well in very high dose solo mushroom trips but for some reason with LSD I simply can't even "go with" this type of madness. I may have been a little vague with the "looping" description, it doesn't feel like a loop as much as it feels like a loop that becomes truncated or unable to finish itself, like a stifled thought of some sort. Thanks for the reply!!

Strangely for some people mushrooms are hard to work with, for others it is LSD. I guess different types of thought patterns etc.

Hmm loops unable to finish themselves, well firstly I am not sure if thought loops come from incorrect referencing and feedback in the brain/mind or on legit thought patterns that are just not protected from going in circles via association etc.. The most horrific loops I have been in had no real thought in them anyway but just consisted of a scene repeating itself quite pointlessly and it it felt like it repeated to the nth time, might have been 10 times as well as 10 million, just 'any' indetermined number of times, a lot with nothing keeping count.

Thoughts unable to finish themselves, not sure if you mean that leading to them just starting over ad infinitum or an immense lapse in attention which can also easily happen with things like mushrooms.

Will move this over, take care! [PD >> TR]

I love thoughts that do not finish,
they merely poke their heads into my space,
and do not enforce their moods and swishing tails on top of what is happening.