Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

4-HO-EPT (65mg) - First Time - "A princess of psychedelics"

Sir Ron Pib

Bluelighter
Swallow 65mg 4HO-EPT; the dose is entirely dictated by what I have and having seen doses of 40-100g, so not sure what to expect but have only got one shot at this; there is something then a jolt about half an hour in. Watch birds in the garden then go to bed to warm up (freezing) things are drifty, gentle and unruffled.

Suddenly at 1.30hr I feel really mashed and put Terry Rileys ?€œAleph?€ on the sound system; it isn?€™t serotonergic ?€“ just a whacked out mong; sedating with the visuals being more prominent; the music sounds more spatially defined and dimensional; I sit by the radiator with my eyes somewhat heavy. It?€™s like a fluffy cloud enveloping me.
I go back to bed ?€“ even after some exercise I?€™m chilled to the core. With eyes closed I drift, it?€™s possible to dissolve somewhat and feels trippy but pretty much without visuals. It?€™s gentle and graceful in the extreme; very smooth.
Very sedate ?€“ maybe analogous to psilocin?€™s heaviness but without the ugliness and unease and certainly lacking the confusion and less stoned?€“ mostly it isn?€™t very similar at all and is very pleasing and elegant; with eyes open there is a delightful array of illuminated pastels. I get further into the music, hearing this music in a new enlightening context; fully understanding its unique harmonic and spatial development and how the piece crafts an auditory architecture and landscape which is quite profound.

My mood is very elevated; I help my girlfriend with some tasks downstairs and get briefly very involved (and confused) by a radio drama is parading as real life with news reports read by regular presenters; this throws me for a moment till I realise.
There has been no clear progression to a peak, I felt fairly in it at about 1.5hrs but I have more a sense of steady plateau or incline and by 3.20hrs the visual elements are at about at the max; not wild certainly and no obvious patterning; there is a place for intensely hued paisley carpets and it more things twisting to highlight form and beauty but I really love the more subtle intricacies and Renaissance hues this is giving as a contrast. I could see this tolerated by those nervous or new to psychedelics if the theory a lighter drug is needed for them actually holds water (debate I?€™ll leave aside) but certainly, suitable for those not wanting extreme challenge and the drug is reasonable functional.

I feel somewhat gone again ?€“ a solid rush of energy but the drug is so clean and delicate and light going it seems almost fluffy-pink-cutesy girly which is not pejorative in any sense; if there could be said to be kings or queens of psychedelics this would have to be a princess. By about 3 and a half hours I feel it is beginning to abate. 4HO-EPT might possess less depth than some but I can only praise the pleasing quality of experience without qualification for its refinement and freedom from mental turbulence.

Another half hour or so I follow my other half out for groceries where the late trip enhancements are perhaps more generic ?€“ fall for a friendly springer-poodle puppy at the supermarket entrance. Home within an hour and still some activity which peters out in about 8-9hrs, totally typical for me of psilocin analogues. A higher dose would be quite happily approachable but given the nature of the drug I don?€™t know if much more would have been added and didn?€™t feel at all short changed by this dose and award it high marks.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_4hoept
substancecode_tryptamines
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
...and having seen doses of 40-100g

Those are some pretty high doses! =D

Awesome report, thanks for writing it! 4-HO-EPT is a pretty unique substance in a lot of ways but I think you captured it pretty well.... I like your metaphor of it being like a princess of psychedelics too, I think it's going to stick out in my memory. I think it goes well with the feeling I've had about it, as for instance I've been trying to figure out where I'd place it on my list of preferred psychedelics and I've been feeling a bit lost, because part of me feels like it should be near or even at the top, but at the same time realizes that it's so far from what I generally consider my preferred qualities that it just doesn't seem right to hold it so much higher than the others. It's wonderful, but... underdeveloped. But like you said as well, it's not less satisfying for it, it just occupies a different role. It's a good fit, the metaphor.

I also agree with your thought that this one could be good for people nervous about psychedelics. I actually have a few friends who have been interested in psychedelics for years but have been too afraid of losing control on them, and the next time I see them I think I'm going to bring up 4-HO-EPT as a recommendation. It really is incredibly easy despite still feeling like a full experience.

Thanks again for sharing. :)

Well the dose range is half based on your work with it - certainly 100 I would expect to be strong - I don't think myself over sensitive or a massive hardhead and 65mg was pretty good for me without bodyload or being overbearing- a bit more might be good but less a bit light - it's early days but I think 40-100 might cover the whole range, some might get by on less; it's early days.
Anyway thanks glad you liked the TR : )

Well the dose range is half based on your work with it - certainly 100 I would expect to be strong - I don't think myself over sensitive or a massive hardhead and 65mg was pretty good for me without bodyload or being overbearing- a bit more might be good but less a bit light - it's early days but I think 40-100 might cover the whole range, some might get by on less; it's early days.
Anyway thanks glad you liked the TR : )

I was actually referring to the fact that you put 40-100g, not mg, haha. 40-100 mg is fine. 100 mg will probably be my max oral dose, but (at least psychedelically speaking) I wouldn't be afraid to dose higher. So far I suspect that at that point the trip may become more like what people expect from DPT than the classic psychedelics. Below that is fine though too.... 40 is not even necessary, I was happy with 25 mg. I'm actually thinking about taking that dose again next time and going on a nature walk or something.

Anyway no problem, I look forward to future ones as well. :)