Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Diphenhydramine - Experienced - 600mg Benadryl High Experience

bstreet081098

Greenlighter
Hey guys. Hope everyone is having a great night. So on this post I want to describe in full detail my experience with high dosages of Benadryl. So let's start from the very beginning.

11:30 pm - I took the little pink pills of Benadryl with each being 25mg. I ended up taking 24 of these so it came out to a total of 600mg. I am a 20 year old 185 pound male who doesn't have experience with prescripions or pills in general. Only drugs I use are occasionally cannibus and on two different occasions I tried hydrocodone and focalin. So this being said, I don't have a high tolerance but I am muscular so I have a higher tolerance in that sense. I started my watch and started watching tv.

12:30 am - The watch timer was at about 1 hour after taking my dosage. I had grizzly wintergreen dip in for this hour and had to take it out because my mouth was getting way too dry. I felt pretty heavy, like gravity was 3 times as much. I didn't want to move around too much because I felt lethargic but in a fun calming sense. I got up to get some water. I was kind of wobbly like being drunk but with good concentration I was able to walk right. At this point I couldn't really taste anything. The dip flavor was gone and water tasted like nothing (usually my faucet water had a mineral taste to it). At this point I stared to smell starbursts. It was a very fruity smell. I also used my vape pen so I could smoke in the room (I live in college dorms).

1:00 am - I decided to turn off my tv because I was feeling tired and tried to go to bed. Flash forward a couple hours - I didn't sleep all night. Despite being tired I wasn't able to get comfortable and go to sleep. I felt extremely heavy but it was nice. The timer way now at about 2 hours. The room was pitch black dark but my usually white ceiling was now purple.

3:00 am - I still couldn't get to sleep so I decided to just sit up and look at how the ceiling was a beautiful purple and kind of swirly. I look across my desk which has a bunch of cords on it from my tv and Xbox. The wires seemed to be moving and getting tangled up. This was my first hallucination. Now with these hallucinations, they would sometimes disappear but they looked real. I just kept telling myself they weren't. I also held up my hand and it seemed that my fingers had a smokey "spirit finger" floating above it. So I traced pictures with my finger in the air and the "spirit finger" left a smokey picture behind. This was pretty cool to see.

5:00 am - This is when the hallucinations started to really appear. I felt normal, but I was seeing things that clearly were not there. First, I have an American flag up on my wall that fell down off of the sticky pads held to the wall. All but one was off. So I tried to pull it off the wall but it wouldn't come off. So I pulled hard and I heard and saw it rip all the way down the center leaving a big ripped hole. Being a hardcore American I was pissed. But when I tried to put my hand through the hole I couldn't as if there was a see through barrier. (Turns out the later the next day I looked at the flag and there was no tears). While I was messing with the flag I saw something coming down from a spider silk string from the ceiling. When it got close I realized it was a giant preying mantis coming down. This thing was the size of about four big fists. So I slammed my arm into it into the wall and it disappeared. Pretty freaky. Next I was looking at the counter near my sink. I had water bottles and trophies over there and they all seemed to be bent in half and waving back and forth. Then all of a sudden I see a 8 inch tall storm trooper run across the counter. (WTF). It ran and jumped off the counter and disappeared and then the same thing happened two more times. After about 10 minutes of not seeing anything I looked at the mirror. This circular hairy blob seemed to be inching up the mirror. Every time I looked away and then back at it, it was back at the bottom trying to get to the top. Also in the mirror I can usually see the reflection of my roommates bed. He appeared to be sitting up and have this big black silhouette above his head. But when I looked over there he was laying down asleep. Being extremely creeped out I kept my eyes closed the rest of the night trying to get some sleep but unable to do so because I hear voices but I could t make out what they were saying.

7:00 am - I decided to get up and shower so I can start my day. I looked in the mirror from my bed and again saw my roommate sitting up but this time he was flailing his arms and shaking his head. But when I looked over there he was still asleep. I shrugged it off and got in the shower. The shower door is opaque and you can't clearly see through it but you can see blurry images of things (this is normal). As I go to turn the shower off, I see someone standing outside of it. Right next to the shower is the door to leave the room. I said something to him and asked what he was doing. He started moving his mouth frantically as if speaking very fast but I couldn't hear anything. He then opens the door and walks out. I turn the shower off and he walks back in and immediately leaves. He does this like three times then leaves for good. I was pretty psyched out. I finished putting my clothes on and walk into the room. My roommate is in bed asleep still (again WTF). He then ACTUALLY gets out of bed and gets ready and leaves. I'm trying to find my wallet before I leave and I suspect it's behind my bed. So I pull out the bed from the wall and see hundred of spiders and spider webs and spider eggs. I quickly push the bed back. Take a big breath and pull the bed back out to look. There are even more spiders but now they are moving around and all over my stuff under the bed. I say fuck that and push the bed back. I found my wallet on the counter and leave for classes. The rest of the day was normal.

So here I am now and I feel completely fine. Just tired but a nap fixed that quick. In closing, this was pretty fun and freaky especially for my first time hallucinating. I might do it again but not for a while. It kinda scared me. This afternoon I went back into the room and checked behind my bed. No spiders. The flag wasn't ripped. My wires on the counter weren't tangled and everything was normal. I hope this helps everyone. And if you have any questions feel free to ask. I'd be more than happy to answer anything about my trip to help you prepare for yours or help you decide whether or not to do it.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_diphenhydramine
substancecode_deliriants
explevel_experienced
exptype_positive
exptype_difficult
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: I forgot to mention one other think in the story. While I was laying down I kept seeing and imagining that I was on the phone with people. I would literally believe that I was on a video chat with them, but I was unable to speak. I didn't have the energy to talk so I just nodded my head. But when I would focus hard, the phone would disappear and I wouldn't be talking to anyone.

Bro that's nuts. Would you say you were in full control the entire time? As in, you weren't just gonna randomly run out of your house butt ass naked screaming imagining you were swimming in a chocolate frappe from McDonalds? I've been interested in trying this but am afraid of not knowing what I'm doing, you should try acid if you liked this it's less hassle of swallowing pills and it's probably healthier lol just be carful in the future!

Bro that's nuts. Would you say you were in full control the entire time? As in, you weren't just gonna randomly run out of your house butt ass naked screaming imagining you were swimming in a chocolate frappe from McDonalds? I've been interested in trying this but am afraid of not knowing what I'm doing, you should try acid if you liked this it's less hassle of swallowing pills and it's probably healthier lol just be carful in the future!

Yeah man I was in control. I just had to keep telling myself that shit wasn't real. It's a fun experience. Especially if you're into scary movies and stuff. The only time I was completely unsure if something was real was when I saw he spiders behind my bed. I have a big fear are bugs crawling on me and biting me so it freaked me out. But I definitely was in control and I was enjoying the silly hallucinations like the storm troopers, "spirit finger," and the purple swirl ceiling. I just know that I'll never take more than 600mg. I've heard smoking weed with it makes it more fun.

Many people report that it is impossible to maintain full lucidity on a high dose of diphenhydramine (which is what Benadryl is for anyone reading this who might not know). Like you'll have moments of lucidity and moments where you're just going with the hallucinations, sort of like going in and out of waking dreams. Probably depends on the dose, but just be aware. With deliriants, when it gets really powerful generally people believe they're sober but actually don't even remember they've taken anything and find themselves accepting really crazy shit as real, and then snapping out of it occasionally.

See that's what I'm afraid of is forgetting I took a drug and next thing you know I'm walking down the street with UFOS taking over the world lmao I'll stick with my LSD 8) :)

Interesting report. I think if you really do decide to this again id say plz dont up the dosage anymore . doing more wont make it anymore fun.. it will only further fuck up the line between whats not real and whats real and u wont know the difference and it can be incredibly dangerous. Surely there is much safer alternatives if you want to experiment with drugs. I describe the "high" of benedryl as literally going temporarily schizo..

Your crazy benadyrl makes me cling to my chewing tobacco like its worth ten times it weight in gold i could see why schizophrenics smoke

Most people do not find the deliriant experience to be either fun or worthwhile. It can be extremely confusing and terrifying.

It can be dangerous in some cases, as some people completely lose it and freak out which can possibly lead to all sorts of complications depending on what they do when totally out of it (psychward, jail, etc).

Most people do not enjoy the physical effects either.

It's not recommended to trip on high dose deliriants but there are always those out there who will try it anyways. My recommendation, for someone hell bent on trying it, is to first try taking a dose that is high but not high enough to induce actual hallucinations. Most people will be so put off from the physical effects at such a dose that they won't want to try a higher dose ever again... At least that is how it worked for me.

^^ Haha, I have a hilarious mental picture of that. =D

Ive done benadryl a lot of times... When your on it you can control yourself it just doesn't make you act stupid. Benadryl is like acid but a lil weaker.

If you want to make your benadryl trip even better you should drink alcohol. Even on the benadryl box it says "Don't take alcohol because it will make the drowsiness worse. Alcohol basically boosts the hell out of Benadryl. If your not planning on getting any then it's fine to get high from Benadryl. But, im warning you the alcohol added is extreme strong. Pop 15 or so 25mg pills and drink a couple of beers and you will be on the moon laying on a space rover

Taking 375 mg of diphenhydramine may be a incrediblely distressing.

Adding alcohol may cause disinhibition which is not good if your experiancing a delirium, seeing spiders, and distressed

I would recommend you do your research before taking such a dose of diphenhydramine

Trip reports can be found on erowid.

Trying a Benadryl overdose in the hope of a recreational effect is like punching yourself in the balls and wondering why you didn't come. It will not feel good, it will not be fun, and you will not want to repeat it.

Ive done benadryl a lot of times... When your on it you can control yourself it just doesn't make you act stupid. Benadryl is like acid but a lil weaker.

Benadryl is an antihistamine and has no meaningful similarities to LSD or any other psychedelic. Benadryl overdoses cause you to hallucinate in a completely different way than LSD. Benadryl OD will not open the doors of perception or teach you any lessons other than "don't try this again."

I'll never take that again would always see like sharp stretched out shadow people at the edge of my vision and when I looked at them move and stay in my peripheral and I thought they were running around me