• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Grrr to many ills not working

Godstone30

Greenlighter
Hi everyone....
Im a newbie to this forum and have gone down the sensible prescribed medical route for 8 years. Just got referred to a Psychiatrist as I am seriously on edge constantly and the meds aren't working, i'm totally mentally exhausted by the struggle to get through life. Im so on edge that a joint and valium does nothing to stop my teeth chattering, but marijuana has never really worked for me. Valium makes me slightly relaxed only if I drink, then I feel violently aggressive the next day. One thing that works for me is about 8 bourbons in about 2 hours. then I am full steam ahead happy fun relaxed. Then I go nuts (emtional very high and then very low) and my family on high watch at the moment and bourbon smells.
I want something I can take that stops my brain racing or does without the anxiety but makes me very productive confident and no more butterflies in my stomach or clenching of teeth!! I have taken phenibut before and feel amazingly energised and confident but only lasts about 4 hours

Can anyone suggest something. I also have no clue on how to get things. Or should I wait for my psychiatrist to prescribe more things. Currently on, Prozac 50mcg, thyroxine 75mcg, metforrmin, valium when needed, and a high bp med, and camperal for alcohol issues. (although GP has changed mind and said alcohol is not the issue but anxiety and self medication, this has stopped my teeth chattering though)

Thanks for your suggestions

How about a nice cup of chamomile tea and a walk, followed by a deep breathing/mindfulness exercise.
Also, it sounds like you drink a lot of alcohol. Are you aware of how central nervous system signaling occurs, in particular, the phenomenon of tolerance and rebound activity?

Have you tried anything other than medication? Diet, exercise and sleep are extremely important to emotional wellbeing. I'll second the suggestion to start a deep breathing/mindfulness exercise. It's not as simple or immediately gratifying as taking a pill, but the rewards can be even more beneficial.

I want something I can take that stops my brain racing or does without the anxiety but makes me very productive confident and no more butterflies in my stomach or clenching of teeth!!
Can anyone suggest something. I also have no clue on how to get things. Or should I wait for my psychiatrist to prescribe more things.
Do you do any exercise or participate in any sports?

If not, I would suggest this as it will have all the benefits you desire, and you can get it from within yourself.

It might not be immediate, and I know, it is hard, especially at first. But few things worth doing in life are easy. :)