The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Ohio: far enough north that....

bloodybreezebloxx

Greenlighter
The residents have that kind of snobby "oh, fuck meth, that's for southern white trash" thing going?* Or am i just not meeting the right people?

*I've lived in MA, VT, CT, KY, and IN....ime the further northeast I've gone, the less likely your friendly neighborhood addicts are to use or tolerate meth without at least kinda throwing attitude. I'm actually reading this really interesting sociology paper called Meth Wars about why that is, but I'll spare y'all my informative ramble.

I live in a small southern Indiana town where meth reigns supreme and almost exclusively. It's actually pretty difficult to find heroin or anything else of decent quality. This past fall I spent a month in central Ohio doing everything I could get my hands on. Heroin was ridiculously easy to find, as was crack. I had to really dig to find meth and when I did, they would insist it was amazingly potent ice but they have never had good or even decent crystal apparently. I had to bang a pretty fair amount to even get high and it was depressingly short lived. I didn't really get the feeling it was hard to find because they thought it was beneath them, heroin was just much easier to find and 10x stronger so meth wasn't worth the effort it took to get it. I was about an hour north east of Dayton, which is where I got most my shit, So the northerners may very well be holier than thou addicts, but I just don't think they know what they are missing lol Same reason most where I live don't like H. I always roll my eyes so hard it strains my eyelids when I hear an addict judge another addict for their preferred drug or method of use. We're all born of the same damage and raised by the same need to escape it, we're just running in different shoes. You just look childish and a bit touched In the head trying to rationalize the legitimacy and superiority of your addiction by belittling another. Like I tell my kids, "Don't worry about what your sister is doing. You've got your own trouble to get into." Lol

I live in a small southern Indiana town where meth reigns supreme and almost exclusively. It's actually pretty difficult to find heroin or anything else of decent quality.

I agree but can say that from Indiana- to Iowa- the Nebraska, it's like that. All meth, which they call dope and is annoying; and no real fucking dope. Stock up in chi-town and b-line it Colorado.
There's def meth in the eastern more states- but not as bountiful as dope or coke.

I never see meth on the east coast. Granted I just do not know the right people and I do not really look for it, but it is definitley not as open of a scene as it is out west. In san fran this past summer on phish tour, i was staying at a hotel in a location that i will not name, and there was just meth everywhere on the street there. multiple people selling it and doing it in the absolute wide open and from the tents that they live out of on the street. it was insane. they would even sell one or two dollar rocks to homeless peopel without any money. I handed over a hundred to one of the many people selling it and he handed me an absolute fuckton... close to 3 grams if not more. it was insane. the one time i was offered it here on the east coast 100/gram was being marketed as a great deal....

Haha, has nothing to do with how far north you are...I'm from Alaska (hard to get farther north than that) and AK is practically swimming in methamphetamine

But Alaska is also a western state and there's a lot of meth out west

Meth is available in the northern states like all drugs, but I think that since coke and heroin are so cheap and easy to get that most people just don't mess with it like in other areas. I know of people in NYC that said only gay people and the gay club scene in NYC was the place crystal meth was really popular. I imagine it is all about the people you meet as to whether they are into meth or not. In NE Arkansas for example, all the college kids I know that moved there say coke and weed and pills are all they see and never meth, but I know people in the area and it is a big meth using area, but it is probably just that college kids are more into partying with booze and weed and some coke and don't meet people who do meth, or mention it to them anyway..

In Southern Ohio Meth is as Abundant as Pot lol , I work at a Gas station and id say a solid 1 out of 5 people are Tweaking their face off. and they know i am too. The police make bust left and right But it dont Slow down C10H15N(Meth)

Thank you lol Dope to me and Everybody i know Is "Heroin" and it barley qualifies as that more like Fentanayl and Benzos with a Dash of Herion in it. Coke is Abundant but its all Trash. Meth is On Top , Dudes go to Dayton and "Plug Shop" ( random dudes Slinging it on Every other Street Corner)

Meth isn't sold open air in Philly but there is still plenty of it around. And is it really that embarrassing or nerve wracking to ask a guy begging for change where the meth is at? You'd be surprised what you can learn from homeless people for a dollar

Well you've got one of the nicest part of urban Canada, well of Ontario (Hamilton, St-Catherines, Niagara Falls) just an hour or so of boat away. That part of Ontario is especially known to be very low crime despite being in the southern ontario peninsula part, it's like a small peninsula of its own, going towards Buffalo, NY just 20 minutes past the Peace Bridge.

But yeah, meth in my province, the one east of Ontario, the one with Montreal, not Toronto, is kind of the meth capital of the country, yet it comes in pills and cannot be smoked, people can snort and crush lines of the white pills, a long time ago it was established that white pills were meth or meth with a little mdxx and the artsy very colourful pretty pills were MDMA, and that actually holds true most of the time, so much so that I've seen a couple bloggers constantly trash a user on pillreports who was from Montreal and "giving scores", not really, he was doing a good job of telling people, don't do this if you want MDMA, if you're a speedhead, we're old fashioned enough to just call em speeds or their first "safe" nickname like "peanuts". Still they called him a meth pusher, and those guys were from connecticut and rhode island going insane making blog posts every 24 hours about "yet another goddamn white pill from Quebec! I'm sick of meth being presented as E!", I wonder if those blogs still are there, they were when the very very awesome rectangle white pills with ICE written on it that definitely contained MDxx too, that pill was the best cleanest "methbomb" ever, I mean, oral meth isn't that big a deal, it's how I've done it 80% of the time.

But yes, it is a poor people's cocaine, I'd rather have 100 grams of freebase on my desk than 100 meth pills. The difference is if I was to buy a hundred grams of freebase, the person I would have to buy it from would be a rather scary in his 50's biker who would short me if I gave him a pile of hundreds and there was one the wrong way in "for wasting some of his time", while "peanuts", weed dealers have them most of the time, same with the LSD people and such some people actually are enraged if there is some mdma or mdxx in their pill and it's not "pure speed", so the white pills that are crumbly on purpose due to how so many people like to snort 'em. But strangely enough it cannot be smoked liked crystal, me and multiple friends on multiple occassions tried to do so, with McGuyver methods or even some guy who had an actual meth pipe, which is a rarity here, but he's worked in western canada in Alberta for a good while, where crystal sure does exist, it's our Texas afterall, and also in BC, but otherwise, there's places in toronto with crack pipe vending machines but meth pipes are really difficult to find even in places that sell tons of kinds of weed pipes and bongs etc., they usually have crack pipes, but no meth pipes...anyway so when he came back, his mom told him you can come live here rent free and save your money, it's better than to give to some guy you don't know for some apartment you won't live in for long. I wish my mom wasn't pushed around and might I say dickwhipped by my step-dad.....

Anyway, I think it's because the powder they use for those pills, I have seen sold by itself and it is definitely racemic meth, what I know people in the US in the 80's and 90's saw much more often, calling it crank.

Although, from what I've been told, southern Ohio is more like Northern Kentucky, because Cincinnati is as inbred and racist as any deep south town (words of americans I know I am repeating here). Even in the Simpsons classic episode "Behind The Scenes" like if they were the show of a rich TV family playing a lower middle class on TV, since it's not canon they made a joke and showed us the address of 742, Evergreen Terrace, Springfield, NK and the simpsons people, when people from TV actually interacted with their fans in a real fashion like we talk to each other now, not that twitter bullshit, I mean back when Usenet text groups were not ghost towns, binaries are alive as ever and you can pretty much find anything you can get on torrents on usenet, the difference, with usenet in the US anyway where you got that stupid 6 strikes thing, they can't know, there's no bad peers and bad trackers made for you to get an email from your ISP in your ISP assigned email address (yeah all 3 of mine, they offered up to 6 free, anyway, when hotmail and gmail etc. was made possible to have in Thunderbird, I just have Thunderbird running and yes I use my ISP email, not much, its best to keep it to official stuff, government, work-related etc. Anyway, the simpsons guys with their real names but slowly started using alts, even though it was netiquette to give your real name on usenet, but nothing else, because back then, remember how cool it was, how you were told to never give much if at all personal info online...oh I member...

Last edited:
This_is_True

is it, though?

Homeless people are the ones out on the street every single day, seeing dealers every single day, and know exactly what's going on in the streets, because that's where they live. So is it really that surprising?

I mean, every time I got stuck somewhere and had to cop- the first people I look for to ask is the homeless guy in the wheelchair, or the prostitutes.

Yeah, MA in the US gets more common as you go south but particularly as you go west. Here in NYC it is here but only in certain circles; for whatever reason it's particularly popular among the homosexual community; apparently the best way to get meth is to go to gay clubs lol. You can find it, of course; you can find literally anything here as long as you are in the right circles, but meth is nowhere near as evident as coke, heroin, or marijuana. Here you smell marijuana all the time and in certain neighborhoods you'll find people nodding off on dope all the time although there's not really an open air market for anything, and crack is pretty popular to as is powder cocaine just among different demographics. But meth is uncommon. Unlike the poster from Southern Ohio, you don't really see a lot of people who look like they are on meth but in the hood you see plenty of people on crack, heroin, and synthetic cannabinoids. In the touring scene meth is easily enough found but nowhere near as easy as acid or pot or mushrooms or coke or pharmies and dope. It is really a regional thing which is quite interesting. Some of the crack dealers and others around here don't take kindly to meth being sold here, and even among the general drug using public it carries a lot of stigma probably due to portrayal in the media because most people here won't know anyone who does a lot of meth unless it's people from another part of the country. The regional nature of meth is interesting and I don't really have an answer as to why. A sociological question.

I'm in cincy. Plenty of Meth here but you won't find it being openly dealt in any of the usual "drug spots". Dope and hard/soft are the usual readily available ones. Jump across the Ohio River and it's much easier to find. Quite astounding really.