Recruiting Online survey on synthetic cannabinoids and mephedrone

ResearcherLJMU

Greenlighter
Hi there,

My name is Emma Begley, I am a researcher at the Public Health Institute at Liverpool John Moores University. We are running two surveys in collaboration with TRIMBOS (Netherlands). One survey is on the use of mephedrone (MCat, Meow Meow) and one survey is on the use of synthetic cannabinoids (e.g. herbal smoking mixtures such as ‘Spice’ or compounds such as 5F-AKB-48, AKB-48).

The purpose of the study is to survey use, subjective effects and perceived risks of synthetic cannabinoids/mephedrone. The survey will help identify the side effects of NPS, patterns of use, doses used, duration of effects, and settings and social context of use.
Full ethical approval has been approved from the LJMU research ethics committee.

The survey will take no longer than 30 minutes to complete and is easy to use. You must be 18 years or older and have used mephedrone and or synthetic cannabis in the past 12 months to participate.

The study is currently open and will run until 28th February 2017 and is completely voluntary, anonymous and confidential. You are given the opportunity to win 1 of 2 IPads and therefore are asked to provide an email address for purposes only to draw the prize once the study has closed. As soon as we receive your data we will remove your email address and securely store this in a separate file, this way your answers cannot be traced to your email address.

LJMU have contributed to the bluelight form donation fund.

Please click on the links below for further information.

Mephedrone survey-
https://surveys.trimbos.nl/index.php/314868?lang=en
Note you must have used mephedrone in the last 12 months to participate.

Synthetic cannabis survey- https://surveys.trimbos.nl/index.php/663865?lang=en
Note you must have used mephedrone in the last 12 months to participate.

Many thanks for your time and interest.

Emma

Last edited by a moderator:
Emma, survey questions dont really get granular info specific to synthetic drug. Poly drug use effects arent considered.
I left my email at the end of survey or PM me.

Wanted to join synthetic cannibus use survey, but I'm in the U.S. Will join, if you ever need U.S. participants. Thanks and good luck.

I blacked out on the dance floor when I took meph last time. It was not a normal blackout though, it was more like I was feeling too awesome to be alive, so my brain decided I needed to take a little nap :D

Thanks Emma,this is my first time im a 58year old computer virgin lol.In Canada to wit Toronto where I live we are going through a epidemic involving Fantynal my spelling may be incorrect.The drug is not the one RX to people from the dr,this is (Car Fantinyl) apparently this drugs is used in Veterinary medicine to anestheise Large Animals like Rhinos,animals that weight is Tons,not your dog or cat,maybe your pet Lion.I am in recovery from substance use disorder,i experimented with recreational powdered cocaine and was smoking crack at the end 2.5 yrs ago.In recovery I do Meditation and guided hypnosis,as I once suffered from Panic attacks as a result of a workplace accident and a wrong diagnosis.I admire people like yourself who undertake this brand of scientific search for truth.P.S Emma I am new and if you require any participants for your research,i would be happy to accommodate.The only thing I am not a computer savy user,i am old school.Te only computers in my high school where Giant Mainframe computers that apparently are not as powerful as a persons I-Phone. yours truly johnny k

Hi Emma I sent you a response,but I am not computer savy and I believe the message that was supposed to go to you,actually went under johnnykelly as my 1st. post.Sorry.Anyway check it out,i am grateful for researchers like yourself .yours truly johnny k